Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMetaMountain
New hand

Loc: FromSoFarAwayYouWontBelie...
A fly in my terarrium......
    #1423392 - 04/02/03 02:18 PM (21 years, 1 day ago)

Well my friend has been careful on his first grow (i will refer to my friend as "I" from here on to avoid carpel tunnel syndrome..and extend the life of my kboard :cool:) ...well first grow 14 jars and no contams...plus three casings on the roll (thankx to shroomery and 8Ba||)...i saw a fly small tiny little thing in one of my cakes and very soon (RIP)..anyways i feel it may have layed eggs in the cake as it was busy going in and around the cake...i know from the contamination faq that this can happen...
(a)what can i do to kill the eggs(if they are there) and keep the cake intact?..i know its not a question that you come across very often..so any thing will help..and most importantly
(b) can i eat the shrooms from the cake ? 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: A fly in my terarrium...... [Re: MetaMountain]
    #1423671 - 04/02/03 04:07 PM (21 years, 1 day ago)

(a)what can i do to kill the eggs(if they are there) and keep the cake intact
Nothing.

(b) can i eat the shrooms from the cake ?
Yes.

OfflineMetaMountain
New hand

Re: A fly in my terarrium...... [Re: Anno]
    #1423685 - 04/02/03 04:11 PM (21 years, 1 day ago)

thankx...anno..

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

Loc: Canada
    #1423732 - 04/02/03 04:26 PM (21 years, 1 day ago)

Kill the flies 2x daily by hand, that way they dont go nuts.

--------------------
"I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. 'Course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are."

OfflineMetaMountain
New hand

Re: A fly in my terarrium...... [Re: TheCaptain]
    #1425401 - 04/03/03 03:42 AM (21 years, 21 hours ago)

yeah already done that to one .....as soon as the rest fruit (?)...i shall do that... :cool: 

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Trusted Cultivator
    #1425679 - 04/03/03 08:50 AM (21 years, 16 hours ago)

Quote:

what can i do to kill the eggs(if they are there)

It's to late to do anything about this casing, but in the future, you might try adding some diatomaceous earth. My friend adds about three to five percent by volume to 50/50+.

DE is the fossilized skeletons of siliceous marine and fresh water organisms, particularly diatoms and other algae. These skeletons are made of hydrated amorphous silica or opal. The particles are actually very tiny, sharp shards so small that the material feels like talcum powder. This is easily picked up by the hairy bodies of most insects where it scratches through their body causing a rapid loss of moisture; the insects dry up and die.

DE is harmless to humans and is frequently added to grain on farms to protect it from insects. You can get it at any well-stocked aquarium store; it's used to filter water.

-Diploid

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom