Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblestrang

locked brother in attic for 40yrs
    #1422772 - 04/02/03 11:44 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Twins kept older brother locked in attic for 40 years

Twins who allegedly kept their older brother locked in an attic for 40 years so they could claim his pension have been arrested by Italian police.

Pasquale Tavoletti, 90, was found by officers in a dazed and confused state in appalling conditions after they broke into the room following an anonymous tip off.

Officers at Spinetoli, near Ascoli Piceno in central Italy, said Mario and Luigi, 78, had been helping themselves to Pasquale's ?900 a month war pension since 1963.

Police spokesman Francesco de Palo said: ''The room was dark, there were no windows or electricity and the smell from the rotting food was stomach turning. I have seen better kept dog kennels.

''What is amazing is that the family lived in a fantastic house worth ?250,000 and tucked away in this attic in disgusting conditions was the elder brother who had seen action in the war.''

Both Mario and Luigi have appeared in court charged with fraud, assault and false imprisonment but because of their age were bailed until their next court appearance.

Twins who allegedly kept their older brother locked in an attic for 40 years so they could claim his pension have been arrested by Italian police.

Pasquale Tavoletti, 90, was found by officers in a dazed and confused state in appalling conditions after they broke into the room following an anonymous tip off.

Officers at Spinetoli, near Ascoli Piceno in central Italy, said Mario and Luigi, 78, had been helping themselves to Pasquale's ?900 a month war pension since 1963.

Police spokesman Francesco de Palo said: ''The room was dark, there were no windows or electricity and the smell from the rotting food was stomach turning. I have seen better kept dog kennels.

''What is amazing is that the family lived in a fantastic house worth ?250,000 and tucked away in this attic in disgusting conditions was the elder brother who had seen action in the war.''

Both Mario and Luigi have appeared in court charged with fraud, assault and false imprisonment but because of their age were bailed until their next court appearance.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_766029.html?menu=news.weirdworld.strangecrime

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: locked brother in attic for 40yrs [Re: strang]
    #1422919 - 04/02/03 12:52 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mario and Luigi 

:grin: 

--------------------
http://heffter.org

OfflineKaren
Pooh-Bah
Female

Re: locked brother in attic for 40yrs [Re: motaman]
    #1430512 - 04/05/03 02:20 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Hahaha I totally didn't even notice that.

I can't believe how appaling that is. I would definitely rather be dead then live in that situation.

He was at the age of 50 when he was first locked in the attic so it wasn't like he was some crazy old senile fool when they first imprisoned him.

I would imagine he spent the first few years of his life in the attic sitting there thinking and planning, the way in which he would eventually make his escape, no matter how unlikely that was. After many years living in that state his mental state started to dwindle from age. The combination of his decreased mental ability and his being imprisoned for so long caused him to go crazy. He then probably ceased to remember that there was a life different then this and just accepted his fate. Anyhow that's how I picture being stuck in at attic for the rest of my life at 50 years old. That's so sad.

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: locked brother in attic for 40yrs [Re: strang]
    #1430902 - 04/05/03 09:12 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

This has got to be a joke.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: BLC - I Don't Wanna Go

OfflineHans_Moleman
????

Loc: Canadia
Re: locked brother in attic for 40yrs [Re: Learyfan]
    #1435066 - 04/07/03 02:41 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

kinda like on the Simpsons

--------------------
One of the reasons marijuana is illegal today because growers in the 30s lobbied against hemp farmers -- they saw it as competition, because It is not chemically addictive as is nicotine, alcohol, or caffeine.

Edited by Hans_Moleman (04/07/03 02:41 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service