Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineyeah
Male User Gallery

Rant On New Age NONSENSE
    #14226468 - 04/02/11 04:40 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I'm posting this here because I don't really care to hear what the philosophy forum says.

I do, on the other hand care to hear what people on this forum will say about the rant.

Agree/disagree?

--------------------
[

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedeff
mysticlove
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Rant On New Age NONSENSE [Re: yeah]
    #14226555 - 04/02/11 05:01 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

i think some of what he says is true of some new agers, and overall i don't think any of the 'new age paths' i've encountered would lead to enlightenment, instead it seems to be mostly about 'feeling good about life' and about knowledge as opposed to wisdom - i've yet to hear of or see any "new age master" that is the calibre of buddhist masters, hindu yogis, etc :shrug: - this isn't to say that new age stuff is useless, i think a lot of it could be valuable it just doesn't seem to form an inclusive spiritual path to me that could lead to full enlightenment

that said, i think he should relax a bit :sun:

--------------------

OfflineHyperSpaceMaggot
Uncle Creepy

Re: Rant On New Age NONSENSE [Re: deff]
    #14226639 - 04/02/11 05:24 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

New age bullshit is a Luciferian deception to bring people away from the path of Chirst.

--------------------
:feelsweirdman: :feelsweirdman:

OfflineHyperSpaceMaggot
Uncle Creepy

Re: Rant On New Age NONSENSE [Re: HyperSpaceMaggot]
    #14226653 - 04/02/11 05:27 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I disagree with you fuck the yogis fuck the buddhist monks fuck the "esoteric masters" fuck the nephillim.

They are all diceived. So are you.

--------------------

Offlinefoliocb
always running
Male

#14227162 - 04/02/11 07:17 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Lol I like how he always speaks of "Authorized authority" spiritual figures...

I could write a lot of words explaining how this guy himself is pretty deluded, but TM has already spent 2 minutes to explain exactly where I am coming from:

--------------------
^v^

OfflineHyperSpaceMaggot
Uncle Creepy

Re: Rant On New Age NONSENSE [Re: foliocb]
    #14227178 - 04/02/11 07:21 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Christ is at the head of everyman. The gurus and yogis are flesh and DNA such as I.

--------------------

Invisibler72rock
Maybe so. Maybe not.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Chicago Flag
    #14227187 - 04/02/11 07:23 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

... that's certainly one take on it... :lol:

I agree with deff for the most part. It's easy to tell that some new age is really about egotistical authors tying to accumulating wealth and power. Other New Age stuff can be cool, and I find some of it interesting as well.

But I really don't care about merging spirituality in my life in order for me to make money or gain power. For example, I guess "The Secret" is cool, but most people apply it to making money or being successful in the business world, something I honestly couldn't really care about. :shrug:

--------------------
Current favorite candy: Peanut Butter Kisses

OfflineNewWavePeace
Incorporated
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Jersey
Re: Rant On New Age NONSENSE [Re: r72rock]
    #14228293 - 04/02/11 11:01 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

nine minutes and twenty one seconds of nonsense.

:maximumtrolling:

--------------------
See I'm at one with the waves, whereas my wifes breasts are at one with her knees.

Offlineyeah
Male User Gallery

Re: Rant On New Age NONSENSE [Re: NewWavePeace]
    #14228521 - 04/02/11 11:47 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

NewWavePeace said:
nine minutes and twenty one seconds of nonsense.

:maximumtrolling:

How so?

--------------------
[

Offlinesoldatheero
lastirishman
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #14229164 - 04/03/11 01:59 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Christ is at the head of everyman. The gurus and yogis are flesh and DNA such as I.

So what you think there are no real saints and sages with real wisdom? You think the world is a void of darkness and Jesus is the sole light seperate from all other beings? Did Jesus not come to illuminate others? Did he fail?

--------------------
..and may the zelda theme song be with you at all times, amen.

OfflineHyperSpaceMaggot
Uncle Creepy

Re: Rant On New Age NONSENSE [Re: soldatheero]
    #14229175 - 04/03/11 02:02 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

He came to die. Thats it

--------------------

Offlinesoldatheero
lastirishman
 User Gallery

#14229194 - 04/03/11 02:07 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Oh then in that case he was no different then the other 6billion plus shitmunchers on this planet.

--------------------

OfflineHyperSpaceMaggot
Uncle Creepy

Re: Rant On New Age NONSENSE [Re: soldatheero]
    #14229201 - 04/03/11 02:08 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

soldatheero said:
Oh then in that case he was no different then the other 6billion plus shitmunchers on this planet.

he died for YOU

--------------------

Offlinesoldatheero
lastirishman
 User Gallery

#14229233 - 04/03/11 02:14 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

So did he come to die or did he come to liberate us. If he truly liberate us then should you not expect some of us to be liberated?

--------------------

Offlineyeah
Male User Gallery

Re: Rant On New Age NONSENSE [Re: foliocb]
    #14229458 - 04/03/11 03:02 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

foliocb said:
Lol I like how he always speaks of "Authorized authority" spiritual figures...

I could write a lot of words explaining how this guy himself is pretty deluded, but TM has already spent 2 minutes to explain exactly where I am coming from:

Ah, so there is no real truth? It's all whatever you want to be true that is true?

--------------------
[

OfflineDamkina
Newcomer
Male

Loc: Romania Flag
    #14229527 - 04/03/11 03:17 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

New age  approaches spirituality and esoteric philosophy with the idea that 'everyone one can do it!'.Basically because most of the `masters` or however they acll themselves who teach those teachings and `tehniques` of enlightement are normal western people,who discovered around this `easy` way to supermegaultra 100 dimensional god transmutations.
There is no easy way. The newagers wanted to implement spirituality in everyday life. That is a good thing,because it makes masses of people,especially western ones more open to other perspectives of spirituallity.Yet,this path only leads to distruction.One`s goal is not to throw fancy lightnings out of their hands. One`s goal is to silence the ego,to cultivate energy and clear blockages,open and balance the chakras,safely awaken the kundalini energy and assist in it`s journey from muladhara to sahasrara.
That journey is a journey that needs patience,needs isolation from desires.It requires serenity. No one can light a fire in a sandstorm.Yet if one is no longer,then everything is possible.
Trying to take the spiritual path and integrate it with everyday life can be very tricky,and most of the followers will fail,or not even start. The ego will win.
In the end,it`s not about how much knowledge you have about esoteric teachings and tehniques. It`s about how much are you willing to lisent to yourself and not others.:heart:

--------------------
Love exists in everything,it`s all a matter of perspective.

OfflineFishOilTheKid
Abducted
 User Gallery

#14230394 - 04/03/11 11:40 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

“Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.”
-Bhagavad Gita

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Rant On New Age NONSENSE [Re: HyperSpaceMaggot] * 1
    #14230629 - 04/03/11 12:47 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

HyperSpaceMaggot said:
Quote:

soldatheero said:

he died for YOU

:lol: Yeah, that's ONE take on Christian mythos - 'vicarious sacrifice.' But that theology is the one remaining after the imperialistic Holy Roman Empire committed all the other Christian theologies to the flames. Not only did they destroy the other versions of Christian theology, they tortured to death/immolated any human being to whom mystical experiences occurred who described those experiences according to the rejected 'heretical' theologies. Apparently, YOU are just as deluded as any other deluded individual whom you are projecting onto. This statement expresses the opposite of insight:

"... fuck the yogis fuck the buddhist monks fuck the "esoteric masters" fuck the nephillim."

Hostility to the unknown only means one thing - fear of the unknown. We only hate the things we fear. "Christos," 'Anointed,' refers to the symbolic act of having 'chrism' - oil - poured upon one's head. The act is not about hair-care, it a symbolic act like placing a crown on the head of a king. And what is a crown symbolic off? Look at the shapes and forms of crowns from around the world. They are often golden, with points or edges, or rays (suggesting Light), and there is often a center jewel upon the forehead area. These characteristics have come down to Western traditions, even though Westerners know nothing about the Wisdom Eye (Ajna, and Prajna means Wisdom in Buddhism), or the Crown Center (Sahasrara), unless one is a Kabbalist (Kether means Crown).

'Anointed' in the West has its equivalent in the words like Illuminated or Enlightened. Christhood has its Eastern equivalent in Buddhahood. The Eastern and Wesern psyches are different, and there has been a longer history of spiritual development in the East giving rise to more mythologies and more psychologies regarding Deity. So, what 'Christos' means to you in the West, deriving from Greek theologies of early Hebrew theologies, the same reality has other names in the East; but they are phenomenologically identical. Moreover, the Buddhists would have found the cruel and bloody sacrifices of doves and lambs in Hebrew religion barbaric. The idea of a God who sacrifices a mythic "only begotten son," is not only pure Greek mythology of a god and a mortal producing a demigod, but on another level, that god is a Moloch-like monster.

There has been among much of humankind a growth in moral development from the days of stoning, flogging, or crucifying people to death. It is bizarre to maintain an archaic and immoral understanding of a symbolic event. It violates 'reality testing' to read symbolic, midrashic, mythic events as historical and literal. The crucifixion, or quartering of the ego is at stake here (pun intended). The embodied-ego always dies on the cross of the four elements, of matter. Christ on the cross is an archetypal, symbolic and mythic expression of this Truth. A human being suspended between heaven and earth, between good and evil, between the opposites in general (sun and moon, solar blood and lunar water), in which a Union of Opposites can occur in one's heart (pointed at by the spear of the centurian), is, in Grace Slick's words "any man's story." "For those who have ears, let them hear."

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineFisherman
Tchee'ik
Male

Loc: Glrrrrrrr!
Re: Rant On New Age NONSENSE [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #14230647 - 04/03/11 12:50 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

ur all fucking nuts, I mean it...

--------------------
EVERYTHING IS DRUGS

OfflineFishOilTheKid
Abducted
 User Gallery

Re: Rant On New Age NONSENSE [Re: Fisherman]
    #14230705 - 04/03/11 01:10 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Fucking nuts?!

That was one of the most informative posts regarding the shit that you obviously don't understand.  You and others like you need to quit reacting to Modern Christianity and your preconceived notions of it.

Dude just bridged the gap for you!

The 'crucifixion' is literally what becomes of the subjective experience when confronting the paradoxes of the mystical.  It is experienced by the individual.

Like was said, there is an occult interpretation that if you reject mainstream understanding seems most correct.  It cannot be known unless experienced.  We are not living vicariously through a savior or idol.  Its us.  We are the Hero.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism