Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
i think i have acute liver damage...go to doc?
    #14222746 - 04/01/11 07:12 PM (13 years, 13 hours ago)

Alright, first off I know no one here is qualified to make medical diagnosis and all that. I'm just looking for some feedback.

I think I may have acute liver damage. For the past few months I've been drinking moderately (3 drinks per night, 5 days a week) and taking some amps every once in a while. On Saturday I got really really drunk, like 14 5% beers in a few hours, and since then haven't been right. I barely even had a hangover, but I've had a constant headache and a dull ache on my right side since then. The symptoms seem like mild encephalitis. However, once I realized it was the alcohol, I cut it out completely. I feel better today but still have this slight pressure in my head and behind my eyes.

I know the liver can heal, and it does seem to be lessening, but I'm still thinking about going to the doc. The damage has been done and I'm taking steps to heal, so I don't feel like much else can be done and I don't want a huge doctors bill. Then again, they say this kind of headache is a sign of severe damage. I don't feel like I drink more than many other college kids so I'm surprised to even have this happen, but I don't know.

Think it's worth trying to get a blood test tomorrow or should I just ride it out since it seems to be improving?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMycjunky
Stranger

Re: i think i have acute liver damage...go to doc? [Re: JT]
    #14222784 - 04/01/11 07:19 PM (13 years, 13 hours ago)

May depend on your age a younger liver obviously heals much faster. I'd be extremely surprised if you have liver damage from that because I know personally I drink much more then that on an average week and have been doing so for a pretty long time.

I've heard that if you push into your stomach under your right ribs where your liver is if it hurts and feels sore then you may have liver damage and should see a doctor.

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Re: i think i have acute liver damage...go to doc? [Re: Mycjunky]
    #14222804 - 04/01/11 07:23 PM (13 years, 13 hours ago)

yeah. i'm 21 and pretty healthy, but i'm pretty sure it's liver damage. yep, sore when i press in there. i wouldn't be the first person in my family to have it.

i had pain in the exact same area as well as the same headache after an amphetamine binge, although it went away pretty quickly. that may have compounded the problem.

Offline13.step
cynical bastard
Male

#14224800 - 04/02/11 04:20 AM (13 years, 4 hours ago)

Try some milk thistle, that's supposed to do the liver some good, no personal
experience though. Also watch your diet for a bit, see what you shouldn't eat
with potential liver damage. And finally might want to do some blood-work, that
will show if any markers for liver-damage are present...

I don't know much about the physiology of liver damage but it might be something
else, like the gall-bladder...I think, but don't quote me on this one, that you
have to turn yellow in order for the damage to be really serious...

Good luck!

--------------------
Not to be taken seriously by any means!

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Re: i think i have acute liver damage...go to doc? [Re: 13.step]
    #14224817 - 04/02/11 04:40 AM (13 years, 4 hours ago)

I went to urgent care. My liver's healthy as can be. He said it's probably alcohol/caffeine withdrawal (mild) causing the headaches and intestinal swelling from the booze.

I guess it's worth knowing my liver is great after all this abuse even for the pointless insurance bill.

Offline13.step
cynical bastard
Male

#14224822 - 04/02/11 04:50 AM (13 years, 4 hours ago)

great news then...i think liver damage from alcohol is
harder to develop then we think...it's good though that we
all are hypochondriacs about it...

--------------------
Not to be taken seriously by any means!

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Re: i think i have acute liver damage...go to doc? [Re: 13.step]
    #14227721 - 04/02/11 06:58 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Yup, thanks man. It really is an amazing organ. I've done some really dumb stuff in my time I guess...200mg amphetamine binges, 10 beers in a night. And the liver is still beautiful. Nevertheless, it is a wake up call and I plan to take this into consideration on my future endeavours.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order