Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Bridgetown Botanicals Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePassiveAgressive
Sleepy-_-kinoko!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tueri honorare saltus
Re: DiabloIII [Re: ivander]
    #14613854 - 06/14/11 07:09 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

From what I've seen, Diablo 3 has a similar feel to what it used to in Diablo 2. The only difference I can tell is in the soundtrack. It has that "wayyyy less epic than the previous version had" feel, gnome sane? I'm gonna go ahead and stick with my guns though - I'm still buying this game.

--------------------

(\___/)
(= ‘.’=)
(”)__(”)
:amanitajar:

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared. - Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe Vapor
Lost In A Tea Daze

Loc: Misty Mountains, B.C. Flag
Re: DiabloIII [Re: PassiveAgressive]
    #14613900 - 06/14/11 07:15 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah the diablo 1 and 2 (particularly 1) soundtracks were amazing. I could listen to those songs all day.

Nostalgia, lol.

--------------------

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: DiabloIII [Re: The Vapor]
    #14614277 - 06/14/11 08:27 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Well, this thread inspired me to re-purchase Diablo II.  I lost the CD key a looong time ago.  Goes for 20$ online, so I'm gonna call gamestop tomorrow.  Hopefully they have it cheaper.

Sleepy-_-kinoko!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: DiabloIII [Re: BothHands]
    #14614588 - 06/14/11 09:31 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Diablo 2 wilderness theme. Epic.

--------------------

(\___/)
(= ‘.’=)
(”)__(”)

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared. - Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.

OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

Loc: Paradise
    #14614616 - 06/14/11 09:37 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i hope and kind of know in the back of my mind d3 will have epic music. i love the d2 music too. it's burned into my memory from all the hours ive spent playing.

If you guys had to pick 1 character out of the diablo 3 characters at current, and one only, which would it be?

I think my starting character will either be a Sorceress or Barbarian :strokebeard:

--------------------

Sleepy-_-kinoko!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: DiabloIII [Re: Dosile Kouki]
    #14614638 - 06/14/11 09:41 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Tristram village theme. (Diablo II) My personal favorite. All of them are very brooding and dark, with classical type guitar picking of an asymmetrical type. Soooooooooooooooooo ambient.

--------------------

(\___/)
(= ‘.’=)
(”)__(”)

Sleepy-_-kinoko!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14614654 - 06/14/11 09:44 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Demon Hunter.

--------------------

(\___/)
(= ‘.’=)
(”)__(”)

OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

#14614678 - 06/14/11 09:49 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

the tristram theme was my favourite too. :grin: i was trying to find that song to post. thats really the emphatic diablo 2 song really. thats what i assosciate with diablo 2.

you know the diablo 2 sound track is so good that i think it might actually be pretty awesome to set it as the background music for a CEV session at some point in the future during a trip. :awesome:

--------------------

OfflineSteezeMonkey
    #14614691 - 06/14/11 09:50 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

This thread makes me want to install D2 on my Macbook and play again.

Quote:

DosileFlynn said:
If you guys had to pick 1 character out of the diablo 3 characters at current, and one only, which would it be?

Sorc was my first and favorite. It will be a tough choice between that and one of the new classes.

By the way, is the release date still completely in the air? Is it too greedy to hope for it to come out in 2013? :awedrugs:

OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

Re: DiabloIII [Re: SteezeMonkey]
    #14614718 - 06/14/11 09:55 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

hammerdin/sorc/trapsin were my favourites on d2. i also enjoyed javazons/ww barb with e botd thunder maul 1300 dammage :awesome:.

my strategy will be to pick the most imba and powerful character in the game to start, conquer the game and find all the nice items i can along the way, and then let my items and trading dictate what class i chose to progress into next. it's all about the items. i used to start with hammerdins and go from there, because hammerdins own just about everything , even without items.

i'm fairly sure the game will be released for 2012. (the world is ending after that anyway right? :tongue2:) because they have set the beta for late 2011 if im not mistaken, and the beta will probably only run 3-6 months, before they prepare it for open release.

so fear not ! the wait should not be that much longer !

--------------------

OfflineSteezeMonkey
    #14614747 - 06/14/11 10:02 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DosileFlynn said:
hammerdin/sorc/trapsin were my favourites on d2. i also enjoyed javazons/ww barb with e botd thunder maul 1300 dammage :awesome:.

my strategy will be to pick the most imba and powerful character in the game to start, conquer the game and find all the nice items i can along the way, and then let my items and trading dictate what class i chose to progress into next. it's all about the items. i used to start with hammerdins and go from there, because hammerdins own just about everything , even without items.

i'm fairly sure the game will be released for 2012. (the world is ending after that anyway right? :tongue2:) because they have set the beta for late 2011 if im not mistaken, and the beta will probably only run 3-6 months, before they prepare it for open release.

so fear not ! the wait should not be that much longer !

After I'm done filling out more job apps and lifting tomorrow, I think I'm going to reinstall D2. Being back home for the summer from college is so boring without a job. If anyone still plays this, hit me up.

Sleepy-_-kinoko!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14614795 - 06/14/11 10:15 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Im considering getting D2 again myself. I'll wait and see how many of yall get it, then maybe we can do some legit gaming!

ALL HAIL DIABLO, LORD OF DESTRUCTION!!!!

--------------------

(\___/)
(= ‘.’=)
(”)__(”)

OfflineThe Vapor
Lost In A Tea Daze

#14614907 - 06/14/11 10:46 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I'd probably pick a barbarian or a witch doctor. They just seem the most interesting to me.

I just beat D1 again awhile ago, and it was easier then I remember for some reason.

--------------------

Edited by The Vapor (06/15/11 04:31 PM)

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: DiabloIII [Re: The Vapor]
    #14614963 - 06/14/11 10:59 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Vapor said:

I just be D1 again awhile ago, and it was easier then I remember for some reason.

Yeah, that was my experience with Warcraft II.  I played through the whole game a few months ago.  Made it through the entire Tides of Darkness campaign without any cheats, and only used cheats two or three times to beat Beyond The Dark Portal.  And not god mode, just gold and lumber cheats.

The games are a lot easier when you're not 12. :lol:

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: DiabloIII [Re: BothHands]
    #14615009 - 06/14/11 11:14 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Been playing torchlight to pass the time recently, it's a lot better than I expected. It's a diablo clone made by some of the diablo devs that got tired of waiting for blizz to release d3.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

InvisibleTheEnd
Strange Daze

Re: DiabloIII [Re: John]
    #14615310 - 06/15/11 12:29 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I still log on every once in awhile to keep my characters active so I don't lose all the good stuff I've collected over the last couple years. And remaking and leveling all those characters would be a pain, they are all over lvl 90.

--------------------

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #14615444 - 06/15/11 01:12 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

John said:
Been playing torchlight to pass the time recently, it's a lot better than I expected. It's a diablo clone made by some of the diablo devs that got tired of waiting for blizz to release d3.

yah think there about to release the second torchlight, so they managed to release 2 games in the time it took blizzard to release 1

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

OfflineSteezeMonkey
    #14616922 - 06/15/11 11:07 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

John said:

I'm about to try torchlight. I have a feeling I'll need to find another game like this since the content looks short.

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #14618370 - 06/15/11 04:16 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Magicka! It's another short dungeon crawler but really fun, especially co-op.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

OfflineThe Vapor
Lost In A Tea Daze

#14618712 - 06/15/11 05:25 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Soooo, I just put D2 back on my computer. If anyone wants to level and play with me just send me a pm or whatever.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Bridgetown Botanicals Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Anno, Thor, Link, Seuss, Shroomism, CookieCrumbs
13,061 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.