Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinegrib
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Here and there
"You just fu***** killed a family...
    #1421755 - 04/01/03 06:35 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

A journalist's account of the killing of a car full of Iraqi civilians by US soldiers differs widely from the official military version, says Brian Whitaker

:confused:

Granted, this is a very left leaning media source... however, they are not the only ones reporting about this incident. 

--------------------
<~>Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake <~>

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSorted
Monkee
Loc: UK
Re: "You just fu***** killed a family... [Re: grib]
    #1421789 - 04/01/03 06:55 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

There was a quote on the news earlier from a British commander (I think) about this incident, saying that he'd have just let the vehicle carry on and put it down to "one that got away". Seems more like there's a kind of 'if in doubt shoot the fuck out if it' policy amongst the U.S troops rather than restraint and a bit of common sense.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: [Re: Sorted]
    #1421796 - 04/01/03 06:57 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

On one hand...I can understand that decision in light of the recent suicide bomb incident resulting in the deaths of 4 soldiers, but a certain degree of restraint should still be used.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: [Re: Rono]
    #1421803 - 04/01/03 07:01 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Easy for you to say.

OfflineAldous
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: inside my skull
    #1421808 - 04/01/03 07:05 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Granted, this is a very left leaning media source...

The Guardian? C'mon, maybe it is to an American reader, but it's rather center left.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: [Re: Rono]
    #1421819 - 04/01/03 07:13 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I can understand that decision in light of the recent suicide bomb incident resulting in the deaths of 4 soldiers

Old saying...
Fool me once... shame on you.
Fool me twice.... shame on me.

Perhaps the van should have stopped. I think if I saw a group of guys with M-16's at a roadblock, I wouldn't try to blaze on past. It was a stupid move.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
Re: [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1421900 - 04/01/03 08:12 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

> Old saying...
> Fool me once... shame on you.
> Fool me twice.... shame on me.
I like Bush's version better...

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: [Re: Xibalba]
    #1421906 - 04/01/03 08:16 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Why does that not surprise me?

He is definitely not a good public speaker. I'm not sure I would be either if millions were watching and waiting for flubs.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Duck Hunt, Enemy Enforcer

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #1421978 - 04/02/03 01:25 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

So what's the problem, didn't you ever kill a family?

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1422266 - 04/02/03 04:26 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

If you were in Iraq, and thought that American soldiers were bad and would kill you, there standing in your country invading your people with their huge guns, and then hearing a warning shot, I think you would be freaked out and flee, hoping not to be killed.

I dont think it was either a smart or dumb move...they were most likely scared shitless.... Same with the soldiers Im sure.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1422276 - 04/02/03 04:38 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Most other public speakers seem to manage it ok. He has just got a low IQ and he is not fit to be the president of a golf club let alone the US.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: [Re: angryshroom]
    #1422336 - 04/02/03 05:39 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

If you were in Iraq, and thought that American soldiers were bad and would kill you, there standing in your country invading your people with their huge guns, and then hearing a warning shot, I think you would be freaked out and flee, hoping not to be killed.

I dont think it was either a smart or dumb move...they were most likely scared shitless.... Same with the soldiers Im sure.

Who the hell are you to tell me what I'd do?

First, it was a roadblock. The people must have been able to see it as they approached. They were in a car that was overloaded and had no chance of outrunning a rock, much less bullets.

It was a stupid move . They brought about their own demise.

It wouldn't surprise me if the driver (I think he was male) deliberately brought this upon those in the car for the headlines. I have no way to know this of course but it wouldn't surprise me from a country where men think there will be 70 virgins waiting for them.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: [Re: GazzBut]
    #1422338 - 04/02/03 05:42 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Most other public speakers seem to manage it ok. He has just got a low IQ and he is not fit to be the president of a golf club let alone the US.

There are many people who suck at public speaking whether you choose to admit it or not.

Second I'm aware of your feelings about Bush and considering the source (you), I have no problem discounting them.

--------------------

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #1422341 - 04/02/03 05:47 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

It wouldn't surprise me if the driver (I think he was male) deliberately brought this upon those in the car for the headlines. I have no way to know this of course but it wouldn't surprise me from a country where men think there will be 70 virgins waiting for them.

You seem to know a lot about Iraqui people and their culture. I wonder what your source is? :mad: 

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: [Re: zeronio]
    #1422344 - 04/02/03 05:49 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

It would seem I know more about reading than you do.

I was careful NOT to state anything as fact.

--------------------

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

#1422346 - 04/02/03 05:53 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

a country where men think there will be 70 virgins waiting for them.

You stated this as a fact.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1422347 - 04/02/03 05:54 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Nothing in my post was stated as fact.

Get an education.

--------------------

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

#1422351 - 04/02/03 06:01 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

You show such profound understanding of arabic culture. I wonder what your education is. You must be an anthropologist or something.
And a little trivia for those who are not so highly educated. Do you know where the oldest written story on earth - Epic of Gilgamesh - comes from?

PS. That's not for you Luv. I'm sure you read it.

Edited by zeronio (04/02/03 06:01 AM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1422361 - 04/02/03 06:11 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

You show such profound understanding of arabic culture. I wonder what your education is. You must be an anthropologist or something.
And a little trivia for those who are not so highly educated. Do you know where the oldest written story on earth - Epic of Gilgamesh - comes from?

PS. That's not for you Luv. I'm sure you read it.

I have never claimed, nor do I possess, a profound nature of Arabic culture. That is why I was careful not to state anything in that post as fact.

And no, I'm not an anthropologist, nor apparently are you an english major if you think I stated anything in that post as fact.

Now, I'm free to carry on with this all day but it seems rather silly of you.

--------------------

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

#1422371 - 04/02/03 06:18 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

OK, sorry... english is only my third language.
Your "70 virgins" remark pissed me off. Someone could say the same for Utah mormons, for example.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion