Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Antagonizing others, and the need for an enemy
    #14189672 - 03/26/11 11:42 PM (13 years, 5 days ago)

Why?

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineivander
Paragon of Animal
Male

Re: Antagonizing others, and the need for an enemy [Re: Poid]
    #14190696 - 03/27/11 05:56 AM (13 years, 5 days ago)

If you dont know how to love others, or if you cant.. at least you can antagonize and hate them or whatever... I do not know of any other way to get connected with people. And if there is no connection, then you would go wtf??.

--------------------
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Nietzsche

I've never faked a sarcasm in my life. True story.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Antagonizing others, and the need for an enemy [Re: ivander]
    #14190747 - 03/27/11 06:15 AM (13 years, 5 days ago)

I think most, if not all humans antagonize others, and make enemies out of people; this would include ones who are capable of loving others.

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Offlineivander
Paragon of Animal
Male

#14190804 - 03/27/11 06:37 AM (13 years, 5 days ago)

But you still don't know why? :cool:

--------------------
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Nietzsche

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14190820 - 03/27/11 06:42 AM (13 years, 5 days ago)

Not really, it's kind of weird IMO, and even almost sick in a way; people enjoy hating some people, perhaps just as much as they enjoy loving others. It seems almost instinctual, like we have a natural craving for hatred; I don't know for sure, though, which is why I'm asking.

:pimphat:
  :cool:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlineivander
Paragon of Animal
Male

#14190862 - 03/27/11 06:59 AM (13 years, 5 days ago)

I know for sure that humans are creatures of affection. The way I see it, that affection can be projected in two ways.. either love or hatred, or mix of them both. Some are way better at loving, few of us are better in hatred.. and most are somewhere in between. Is it instinctual? For most of us, yes... for few of us I cant say. IMO, everything is subject of change, even human nature.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14190893 - 03/27/11 07:10 AM (13 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

ivander said:
Is it instinctual? For most of us, yes... for few of us I cant say. IMO, everything is subject of change, even human nature.

How do you know it's instinctual, and why can't you say if it is for few of us?

When you say human nature is subject to change, are you talking about evolution, or do you mean that a single human being's nature can change throughout its lifetime?

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Edited by Poid (03/27/11 07:53 AM)

Offlineivander
Paragon of Animal
Male

#14192450 - 03/27/11 01:56 PM (13 years, 5 days ago)

I can say its instinctual, cuz -- lets use example of intelligence... those who are below ~80~90 are few, and their way of life is defined by those in the middle ~100~120.. but those who are above lets say 140 are not so much predictable by the rest of population.. the leading edge people, and if some of the are evil or good is later projected into their own unique way of expression.. and I just cant say stuff about some things I don't understand. And its instinctual, cuz almost all of the people take the role of being human being, caring not to try and create something different.. which make them predictable, or to use first word - instinctual.

On the other question I was thinking more of the second part, but dont exclude the evolution part. Although I don't buy into classic Darwin theory.

--------------------

OfflineThemBones
Psychonaught
Male

Loc: New England
    #14202452 - 03/29/11 06:25 AM (13 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
I think most, if not all humans antagonize others, and make enemies out of people; this would include ones who are capable of loving others.

Many people seem to have a strong urge to use an "us vs them" tribal mentality.  It's painfully obvious when you look at the interaction between people who would say they're democrats or republicans*: they fight tooth-and-nail for their party, and wouldn't think of admitting the other has good ideas occasionally.  Forming an enemy out of someone usually means that you think you have superior morals, mannerisms, etc., and are in the "ideal" group.

I've always thought this to be rooted in insecurity (as most vices seem to be):  fear that someone else, with a different lifestyle, could be as "correct" as you.  Biologically, it makes sense to have a tribal society for the continuation of the species, and I think we're inclined to think like this when we have fundamental doubts about reality.

Recently, I've had the thought that if one truly hates someone, one can truly hate anyone.  And it's actually fairly arbitrary whom the person hates; basically it's just luck that determines that.  [note: this idea came up while I was quite high, and I'm not sure what to make of it yet :stoned:]

*or whatever parties are popular in your country

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
    #14202691 - 03/29/11 08:33 AM (13 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Why?

i guess you'd have to be unhappy with yourself, or unsure of who/what you are.

you need somebody to pwn because you have little else by which to measure your own self worth

i pity the foo :mrt:

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Edited by the bizzle (03/29/11 08:33 AM)

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#14205468 - 03/29/11 07:22 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Why?

Because it is/can be fun?

"I can't explain the rage I have against him, the impulse to precipitate and savour his annihilation, and part of me is horribly ashamed off it: the pathetic nature of it all, the raw, searing illicit pleasure this hatred of him gives me."

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: Antagonizing others, and the need for an enemy [Re: Poid] * 2
    #14205632 - 03/29/11 07:53 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Why?

You wouldn't understand because you're a stupid idiot. :mad2:

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Antagonizing others, and the need for an enemy [Re: Lion] * 1
    #14208538 - 03/30/11 09:50 AM (13 years, 2 days ago)

Say that to my face, at the gathering! :box:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Invisiblequinn
some kinda love
 User Gallery

#14208616 - 03/30/11 10:09 AM (13 years, 2 days ago)

antagonizing others is a misunderstanding of reality.

you dont say the tsunami was 'evil', you dont antagonize it and say it is your enemy.
you accept it as a fact. a product of reality. and you try avoid it, or divert its course in future.

to antogonize a person is to misunderstand that they to are just products of the forces around them. there is no need to antagonize 'them' or treat 'them' as an enemy.

rather you should accept them and try divert their course or the effects of their behavior. you could even tell them they are the enemy or antagonize them to achieve these ends, but to actually feel antagonism towards 'them' is a misunderstanding about how and why and what they are...

:2cents:

--------------------
dripping with fantasy

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: Antagonizing others, and the need for an enemy [Re: Poid] * 2
    #14208639 - 03/30/11 10:12 AM (13 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Say that to my face, at the gathering! :box:

I'd prefer to just antagonize you over the Net, thanks.  :snub:

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Offlineoxalic32
Male

Loc: .
Re: Antagonizing others, and the need for an enemy [Re: Lion]
    #14209712 - 03/30/11 01:54 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

I think people see fragments of themselves mirrored in other people. In reality they hate what may be a part of their conscious/unconscious.

Classic example is the homophobe who hates gay people and terrorizes them because he is secretly gay and cannot express it.

I felt like i often felt anger towards those more physically fit because i always had to work so damn hard for a little bit of physical progress.

However now that i'm older i find hatred childish. I just try to be nice to everyone and i don't even hate those who hurt me.

Offlineivander
Paragon of Animal
Male

Re: Antagonizing others, and the need for an enemy [Re: oxalic32]
    #14209883 - 03/30/11 02:31 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

oxalic32 said:
I think people see fragments of themselves mirrored in other people. In reality they hate what may be a part of their conscious/unconscious.

Classic example is the homophobe who hates gay people and terrorizes them because he is secretly gay and cannot express it.

I felt like i often felt anger towards those more physically fit because i always had to work so damn hard for a little bit of physical progress.

However now that i'm older i find hatred childish. I just try to be nice to everyone and i don't even hate those who hurt me.

Let go
:inlove3:

--------------------

Offlinemeatcakeman
the search for bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: el sol
    #14209941 - 03/30/11 02:40 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Why?

people do it as a way to justify their own insecurities. by pointing out the insecurities of others, they justify having their very own insecurities. in the end, it just makes them feel better about themselves by being able to compare themselves to others in a way where they could be seen as equal or better.

--------------------
大开眼界

:awegroove:
:fbsnugs::fbsnugs::fbsnugs:
Hasta siempre, comandante.
:mattz:

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Antagonizing others, and the need for an enemy [Re: quinn]
    #14210785 - 03/30/11 05:26 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

quinn said:
antagonizing others is a misunderstanding of reality.

you dont say the tsunami was 'evil', you dont antagonize it and say it is your enemy.
you accept it as a fact. a product of reality. and you try avoid it, or divert its course in future.

to antogonize a person is to misunderstand that they to are just products of the forces around them. there is no need to antagonize 'them' or treat 'them' as an enemy.

rather you should accept them and try divert their course or the effects of their behavior. you could even tell them they are the enemy or antagonize them to achieve these ends, but to actually feel antagonism towards 'them' is a misunderstanding about how and why and what they are...

:2cents:

Do you think the Jews in Auschwitz were in the right to antagonize the Germans?

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Invisiblequinn
some kinda love
 User Gallery

#14211039 - 03/30/11 06:09 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

hmmm... maybe no.

coz to antagonize 'the germans' is actually to antagonize the antagonism of the jews... right?

antagonizing antagonism doesnt make sense...

--------------------
dripping with fantasy

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom