Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejonnyfive
Stranger
first experiments contaminated?
    #1420814 - 04/01/03 02:11 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

first off, my buddys using the regular pf tek, with vermiculite and brf, the buddy didn't know how important the temp thing was for colonizing. so after two weeks of 70 degree temps the buddy bought a submersable heater and some rubbermaid totes. before the buddy got the right temps,1. only one cake showed good signs of mycillium. that cake has now shrunk a considerable amout and hasn't finished. that one seems to look contamination free. but alot of the other cakes have different things going on. 2. another caked looked to be doin fine then the buddy noticed two tan spots on the mycillium, and now on that same cake are a couple red spots. other cakes had green growing so the buddy took them out of the hot house. 3. and one looks like some other contam over took the green mold, but maybe just grew over it? 4. one cake in the hot house has a spot of mycillium but black/darkgray all around the rest of the cake. the buddy sees the humidity in the hot house is around 70-75. is there anyway to lower the humidity (do you need to?), can any of you tell me about these 4 cakes the buddy has, mainly about the first thats gotten really small and hasn't finished. the temps for the last two weeks have been at 80-82 degrees. my buddy will probly end up starting new cakes but still would like any info ya'll can provide about the contaminated ones. thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: first experiments contaminated? [Re: jonnyfive]
    #1421879 - 04/01/03 08:00 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Tell buddy,
1. OK to go.
2. Any other color than white is no good.
3. Cut the cake in half right were the infected area was and search for inner contaminants. Toss it if unsure.
4. Black/darkgrey is no good. Good thought about starting over...

Tell your buddy to read more on "sterilization techniques" or "working sterile". A search on google or altavista and choosing beginners guides is recommended.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum