Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Air Pump, Hygrometer, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblebluepie
Stranger

Loc: On a jungle branch in mic...
Using a Terrarium Air Humidifier
    #1419814 - 03/31/03 02:20 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I am using a terrarium air humidifier called Tropic - Aire with an air pump. casings have birth, placed in the chamber, yet they dont seem to be fruiting. I keep the temp around 70 deg. + the air humidifier on 27/7 + i have a layer of perlite. lots of water drops accumuliate on the myc fuzz on the casings but they dont seem to be fruiting. do they need light? is it too much humidity? i keep them in the dark most of the time. Using a TC strain and the casings are covered in myc. there are small fuzzy balls that come out here and there but i see no heads or anything more. ideas? thx

--------------------
May all beings be happy

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Using a Terrarium Air Humidifier [Re: bluepie]
    #1419988 - 03/31/03 04:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Since cubensis are phototrophic, they need light to initiate the fruiting cycle of their life.

Id recommend you giving them at least 12 hours of light a day.

OfflineJordo
Psychonaut

Re: Using a Terrarium Air Humidifier [Re: angryshroom]
    #1420048 - 03/31/03 05:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Bluepie: I've seen those Tropic-Aire humidifiers online... Do they work pretty well? What is your humidity level usually at with it? How does it work? Any info about it would be great! Thanks.

Invisiblebluepie
Stranger

Re: Using a Terrarium Air Humidifier [Re: Jordo]
    #1420107 - 03/31/03 06:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yah, it works great. I have a 10gallon container with a high powered air pump so it more than enough fills the job. i use a digital hygrometer and it keeps it up at 99% all the time. i also put a capful of Hydrogen Peroxide in the water which is humidified for good hygene. the airpump i have is rated for 30 gallons so i guess it would push enough air to fill that size of a tank. the tropic-aire thing is cheap in itself and pretty easy to use, i drilled a hold in the side of the tank which i stick the perforated wand through into the tank from the humidifier. it doesnt let out drops of water but only highly humidified air so its a dry kind of humidity if ya know what i mean.

--------------------
May all beings be happy

Offlinegrowmore
up it goes
 User Gallery
Loc: Cow field
    #1420154 - 03/31/03 06:39 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I aws looking for one of those tropic ari humidifiers were would one find something like that .

--------------------
check my journal for my trade list

You see what you want to see not what it makes you see. I see said the blind man to the deaf women .

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #1420227 - 03/31/03 07:27 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I actually got to see a Tropical Aire humidifier in person, just five minutes ago, at Petco. To me, it looked like a glorified bubbler. It had some material, in a sort of flask. The flask would be filled with water. An air pump (which you supply) pumps air through the bottom, and then rises to the top.
I'm guessing that a bottle filled with polyfill and water might have similar (and cheaper) results than this 20$ contraption.

>i use a digital hygrometer and it keeps it up at 99% all the time.
Is that in combination with your forementioned perlite? Or alone?

Invisiblebluepie
Stranger

Re: Using a Terrarium Air Humidifier [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #1420296 - 03/31/03 08:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

thats in combination with the perlite. I have a small layer of about 1 1/2 inches of perlite, plus i use the tropic aire humidifier. this combined with the heating pad, keeps the tank quite moist and juicy.... and yes, it is kind of like a giant bubbler, except the humidifier has a special sponge inside of it which traps the humid air and makes it humid-er....neat contraption. works well too. b

--------------------
May all beings be happy

Invisiblebluepie
Stranger

Re: Using a Terrarium Air Humidifier [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #1420297 - 03/31/03 08:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

thats in combination with the perlite. I have a small layer of about 1 1/2 inches of perlite, plus i use the tropic aire humidifier. this combined with the heating pad, keeps the tank quite moist and juicy.... and yes, it is kind of like a giant bubbler, except the humidifier has a special sponge inside of it which traps the humid air and makes it humid-er....neat contraption. works well too.

--------------------
May all beings be happy

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Air Pump, Hygrometer, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation