Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblelasdR
nostalgic sci-fi
 User Gallery

Loc: In your mind
Did Einstein (or other great minds) indulge in psychoactives?
    #14197516 - 03/28/11 12:09 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Even though it would be relatively late in his life it could well be possible that einstein tried acid... before he died in 1955.

Famously Sir Isaac Newton discovered his theory of gravity in an orchard on his farm in Lincolnshire. He saw an apple fall to earth and, in a startling leap of the imagination, came to the conclusion that the same invisible force working on the apple must also be the one holding the moon in its orbit around the Earth.

On the basis of this he worked out his laws of planetary motion and invented the calculus, an equation so extraordinary in its applicable that it was later used to take men to the moon and back.

Quite how the son of a Lincolnshire farmer way back in the 17th century - who only ever got as far as London in his actual physical person - could draw such universal and far-reaching conclusions on the back of such a pernickety observation is another matter. But then, as he himself said: “If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.”

Almost as famously, and several centuries later, his disciple Albert Einstein hopped a ride on a beam of light and saw time stand still. From this (and other related observations) he came to the conclusion that the energy contained in matter equals its mass times the speed of light squared, which paved the way for the invention of the atomic bomb.

Perhaps we would all be a lot happier had Einstein not taken that journey into space and time. Then again, we really can’t blame Einstein for observing the truth. It’s what you do with the truth that matters.

The point to note about both of these illustrations is that they involved one man, one observation, and an extraordinary associative leap. Neither of them were dependent on the ideological world-view of the vast majority of the population at the time, not even that of other scientists. Newton travelled to the Moon and back whereas Einstein stopped time.

The reason I am pointing these facts out to you is to show that the nature of reality - and of our relationship to it - is not mechanistic.

In fact Newton developed his Theory of Gravity in opposition to the idea that there had to be a physical connection between objects for them to work on each other.

The ancient Egyptians knew that the star Sirius was a binary system: a bright, visible star, with a dark dwarf star circling it. They personified this observation mythologically, through the story of the relationship between the bright goddess Isis, and her dark brother Osiris.

This fact was not rediscovered by modern science until 1862. The two stars orbit each other, with a separation of about twenty times the distance of the Sun to the Earth, every fifty years or so.

Quite how the ancient Egyptians came to know this is a matter of speculation.

Ancient peoples also knew that the Earth was round and that it went around the sun.

Detailed measurements of the proportions employed in the building of Stonehenge suggest that the builders knew the exact circumference of the Earth.

How did they know this?

By the same means that Newton and Einstein made their discoveries: by an extraordinary leap of the imagination perhaps, followed by detailed observation and careful measurement.

Once upon a time we were all scientists. What groundbreaking inventions/ philosophies / ideas has been born under a influenced state of mind. ? cannabis, psilocybin, mescaline, n-n, dmt etc etc etc.

--------------------
:crazyeyes::eek: :thirdeyeani:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblelittleton
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Re: Did Einstein (or other great minds) indulge in psychoactives? [Re: lasdR]
    #14197618 - 03/28/11 12:26 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

im pretty sure he did coke and smoked a little pot. Also i read something about a spinal tap did on him and found lsd... but im not sure if thats true because of when he died.

Invisibleifoundwaldo

Loc: Denver, CO Flag
Re: Did Einstein (or other great minds) indulge in psychoactives? [Re: lasdR] * 1
    #14197621 - 03/28/11 12:26 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

:tmckenna: Even as the nineteenth century had to come to grips with the notion of human descent from apes, we must now come to terms with the fact that those apes were stoned apes.

--------------------

InvisiblelasdR
nostalgic sci-fi
 User Gallery

Loc: In your mind
Re: Did Einstein (or other great minds) indulge in psychoactives? [Re: littleton]
    #14197656 - 03/28/11 12:32 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

littleton said:
im pretty sure he did coke and smoked a little pot. Also i read something about a spinal tap did on him and found lsd... but im not sure if thats true because of when he died.

I would question the source of this statement. You forgot where you read it? Who knows..

--------------------
:crazyeyes::eek: :thirdeyeani:

Offlinefantasticfungus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Did Einstein (or other great minds) indulge in psychoactives? [Re: lasdR]
    #14197674 - 03/28/11 12:36 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Intriguing thoughts lasdR.

Offlinefantasticfungus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Did Einstein (or other great minds) indulge in psychoactives? [Re: fantasticfungus]
    #14197706 - 03/28/11 12:41 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Einstein's gall friend Marylin Monro liked pot! I seen a vid of her toking one.

InvisibleCyclohexylamine
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
 User Gallery

Re: Did Einstein (or other great minds) indulge in psychoactives? [Re: littleton]
    #14197765 - 03/28/11 12:54 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

littleton said:

Umm the whole lsd in spine thing is a myth.

--------------------
Yes this is tymo - I just changed my name

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?

There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K
Something abut that anaesthetic rush... :inlove:

Qualitative Research Chemical Effects and Experiences
The Wonderful World of Methoxetamine
The 3-Meo-PCP Chapters, Part One

Offlinepiracetam
bioanalytical chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX Flag
Re: Did Einstein (or other great minds) indulge in psychoactives? [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #14197907 - 03/28/11 01:27 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

francis crick, kary mullis, steve jobs...all partakers of LSD.

--------------------
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is just poetry, imagination." ~Max Planck

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Did Einstein (or other great minds) indulge in psychoactives? [Re: piracetam]
    #14198139 - 03/28/11 02:10 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

I would doubt Einstein did any drugs... Or Darwin Or Euclid or....

These men were incredible thinkers though, but none of their theories or discoveries came over night... Both took the time to ponder questions they had and come up with ideas... Which lead to revolution in science and the world... But to attribute their insight to drugs is far fetched to me... Fun question as it is.... Think it was reasoning and a lot of hard work

I had heard before about crick and jobs, but if it's true and if it had anything to do with thier work is two different ideas.... No doubt smart people have done drugs but did it help them... Another question...

Newton did a bit of alchemy I believe though.....

Now... Lewis Carrol... Yowsa....

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

Re: Did Einstein (or other great minds) indulge in psychoactives? [Re: HarryL]
    #14198170 - 03/28/11 02:20 PM (13 years, 22 days ago)

Einstein was sober, wasn't he? And I think that spinal tap think is a myth. No strychnine in acid

Offlinetokinman21
Stranger

Re: Did Einstein (or other great minds) indulge in psychoactives? [Re: HarryL]
    #14198204 - 03/28/11 02:28 PM (13 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

HarryL said:
I would doubt Einstein did any drugs...

It's a well-established fact that he did cocaine.

Anyway, e=mc^2...it totally makes sense to me now, actually, just by logic.  The energy an object uses up must be a summation of all its cross-dimensional properties, which is exactly what that gives you: the way the energy is arranged (how much space it takes up and how dense it is within that space) and the speed at which the energy is travelling through that space.

Sorry, still trippin a bit, so that may be totally ridiculous but as of now it makes sense to me lol.

Offlinethe locked shroom
Stranger
Re: Did Einstein (or other great minds) indulge in psychoactives? [Re: tokinman21]
    #14198243 - 03/28/11 02:36 PM (13 years, 22 days ago)

I kind of doubt Einstein did acid. People get this impression from TV that this stuff is all really wild stuff with cool computer graphics. And it is cool, but not in the way most people think. In General Relativity, it's basically all math.

Einstein almost certainly had Asperger's syndrome, and spent many years working out GR. Acid is great, but it's not the greatest thing when you're trying to work out advanced quantitative ideas.

Offlinethe locked shroom
Stranger
Re: Did Einstein (or other great minds) indulge in psychoactives? [Re: tokinman21]
    #14198267 - 03/28/11 02:43 PM (13 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

tokinman21 said:
Quote:

HarryL said:
I would doubt Einstein did any drugs...

It's a well-established fact that he did cocaine.

Anyway, e=mc^2...it totally makes sense to me now, actually, just by logic.  The energy an object uses up must be a summation of all its cross-dimensional properties, which is exactly what that gives you: the way the energy is arranged (how much space it takes up and how dense it is within that space) and the speed at which the energy is travelling through that space.

Sorry, still trippin a bit, so that may be totally ridiculous but as of now it makes sense to me lol.

That's absolutely not how it works.

OfflineLeeHarvOz
Homie
Male User Gallery

Re: Did Einstein (or other great minds) indulge in psychoactives? [Re: the locked shroom]
    #14198320 - 03/28/11 02:56 PM (13 years, 22 days ago)

Crick was on acid when he figured out the double helix structure of DNA

--------------------

OfflineLuckeyMA
I catapult downtown...
 User Gallery

Re: Did Einstein (or other great minds) indulge in psychoactives? [Re: LeeHarvOz]
    #14198584 - 03/28/11 04:02 PM (13 years, 22 days ago)

Einstein's brain was abnormally large and had a lot of structural anomalies check out this link to read about it. http://www.cerebromente.org.br/n11/mente/eisntein/einstein.html

--------------------
"Consciousness survives the death of the body on which it rides"...

*Disclaimer*

Everything written from this account are meant for amusement purposes ONLY.  Everything written or posted from this account are NOT TRUE.

Offlinesmokin427
 User Gallery

Re: Did Einstein (or other great minds) indulge in psychoactives? [Re: LeeHarvOz]
    #14198660 - 03/28/11 04:18 PM (13 years, 22 days ago)

i have heard this about crick, but i dont think there is any firsthand information proving this. i think there is an old report from a good friend that said he tried lsd though... we need some sources

--------------------
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?

InvisibleBlindBat
learning to see

Re: Did Einstein (or other great minds) indulge in psychoactives? [Re: LuckeyMA]
    #14198776 - 03/28/11 04:41 PM (13 years, 22 days ago)

Edited by BlindBat (04/29/12 01:28 PM)

InvisibleMe_Roy
Stranger
Re: Did Einstein (or other great minds) indulge in psychoactives? [Re: BlindBat]
    #14198832 - 03/28/11 04:54 PM (13 years, 22 days ago)

Awesome post, blind bat.

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Did Einstein (or other great minds) indulge in psychoactives? [Re: Me_Roy]
    #14198863 - 03/28/11 05:01 PM (13 years, 22 days ago)

Those who are saying the 'well established facts' for any of these people doing drug, provide a reference?  Not talking 'I heard' or 'everybody knows' or 'saw it in HighTimes'...

I would like seeing it.... Else, it's a urban legend... But if not, I want to know!

Ps... Coca leaf and cocaine were not illegal till something like 1910.. Was part of tonics and soda like coca cola... So... Not sure that is what is being meant though....

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

Edited by HarryL (03/28/11 09:52 PM)

Invisible5-HT2A

#14200554 - 03/28/11 09:32 PM (13 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

littleton said:

Why would they test a spinal tap for LSD?

This sounds like it goes back to that old myth about people cracking their backs and getting high all over again because LSD gets stuck in your spinal fluid.

Pure bullshit.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds