Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
Why?
    #1419066 - 03/31/03 01:09 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I have posted in this forum a few times before. I have been hostile at times and I apologise. I really do value the many different points of view that are represented in this forum. Even those views that seem bent on stopping the search for understanding.

I know this question has been asked before, but I just have to ask it again.

Why am I here? Why are you here? This seems to be the most important question we can ask! I know that it is impossible for each of us to reach the same conclusion. Atleast that is what I have been led to believe.

Alot of what I see is, I believe,an ego trying to force it's own truth upon other egos. But is there a purpose in that? I mean, Is the ego a vital part in what life is trying to accomplish. Or is it a toxic by product.

I truly believe , after doing large amounts of mushrooms , that we are a manifestation of life and that life is trying to work itself out in some way. I felt like an organism that was trying to expand it's own boundries after doing over 100 grams of fresh mushrooms. I felt like my only purpose was to help life advance itself!  :confused:

In what way precisely, I do not understand. Has life found the perfect environment to focus itself? Is life trying to focus itself and are we the result?

Is God just a higher manifestation of life that has learned how to manipulate matter? Are we the result?

I also felt that in order for life to accomplish it's goals it had to ignore certain truths about itself. At that point I felt like a detriment to life!

I am serious about this. I will die searching. I just want a little insight. I have gleaned some knowledge from this forum. I will continue to look here for insight. Thank you.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Why? [Re: sirreal]
    #1419073 - 03/31/03 01:13 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I have been where you have been. From my experiences, my advise to you is to stop asking such questions and just live because there is no meaning or purpose to life other than just to experience it.

So many moments I have wasted........

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Re: Why? [Re: Murex]
    #1419081 - 03/31/03 01:19 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

What caused you to come to this conclusion? Was it dispair? Why should I give up the search for understanding?

Thank you for responding, but you really did not tell me much. You just told me to forget about the most important question that I can think of and to just accept meaninglessness.

--------------------
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1419085 - 03/31/03 01:22 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

You misunderstood. I have asked this question for a long time and my answer was: The purpose of life is to experience life.

Not what I expected really, but still my conclusion. Does this clairafy?

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Re: Why? [Re: Murex]
    #1419097 - 03/31/03 01:29 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I think I do now. It kind of goes along with what I said about life ignoring certain truths about itself.

--------------------
-----------

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #1419134 - 03/31/03 01:51 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

who,what,where,when, how, - I love trying to figure out the answers to these..
Yet if I could understand why the rest become only an after thought.
I agree with you. IMHO it is the greatest question ever pruposed.

I have seen exactly where murex is coming from, kinda, the answer is in the question.
remeber as a child every answer would lead to the question why?...but why?...then finally the answer would come because.

As I said in the thread about faith knowing without complete understanding is faith..although I think many people disagree.

It is relative here i think.

Why?

Because.

we seem to know the answer, I for one do not understand though.
It could be im not using the right words, ever notice how verbal communication is all about details, yet you can look in some ones eyes and know ..it is direct communication.

what I really long to do is connect the two. The inner and the outer, the mind and the spirit--to parallel it, logic and faith/yet logic always proves what I already know and as I understand more there is no contradiction--the balance of the ego and true-bieng..
to ascend daulism?

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Re: Why? [Re: shaggy101]
    #1419142 - 03/31/03 01:56 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Shaggy, thank you.

I would like to look into your eyes. :smile:

But, did you read my post? There are no answers, only understanding. I would like to understand. 

--------------------
-----------

Offlineshaggy101
Male

#1419153 - 03/31/03 02:08 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Iye :crazy:....I have a habbit of reading the post then just rambling :smirk:
I actually read nearly every post in this forum! For one it is pretty much the only forum I am in, but mainly it is a exercise in patience.
Every one hear has things to teach me, before I express< I would be better to quiet my ego and give my thought to there point of view..May not sound like much but it is something that is very important to me...iye im doing it again :blush:

I think that we do have minds that grasp logic for a reason :cool:
I wish to understand as well.. I think we all do.

heh I think I know what you mean but would you mind saying more about

Quote:

I also felt that in order for life to accomplish it's goals it had to ignore certain truths about itself.

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #1419158 - 03/31/03 02:11 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

heh I think I know what you mean but would you mind saying more about

Quote:

I also felt that in order for life to accomplish it's goals it had to ignore certain truths about itself.

Please do.

--------------------
-----------

Offlineshaggy101
Male

#1419181 - 03/31/03 02:26 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

knowing without complete understanding

the words are up for interpratation

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #1419193 - 03/31/03 02:33 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I understand.

If life is trying to accomplish something maybe we as individuals are not meant to understand. Maybe if we understood we would become a detriment to life!
Maybe life is trying to work itself out in some way and if we understood what the purpose was we would interfere with it.Ego! Maybe it is a negative side effect?

--------------------
-----------

Offlineshaggy101
Male

#1419268 - 03/31/03 03:53 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

what I consider the ego is not the logical mind.
Take the true power of the spirit accomplish meager understandings through the mind and you have pride..the blending..the ego..That pride does not come from the source, but from the blending.  The tool we call our mind seems to corrupt the source and becomes self.

Self without understanding of the source is the ego, taking pride not in the one or the force but in its self.

From that arises the dualistic world that is.

Which in humanity spawns us and them mentalities and ultimately the problems we deal with every day.

If you become focused on self you eventually come to the point where the one is lost  to you and all you can see is self in a sea of others in competition for #1 spot, and you are lost to the ways of wisdom.. Only the one is #1 yet we are apart of it. Therfore there is pride but only in the one for the ego corrupts this and can only see wisdom of the earth and finds there self empty and angry without the true wisdom and joy of the eternal.

..or something like that :smirk:
As with anything else in this world my words are corrupted..but the source always echoes in the expression if you look for it.

i dont know, I still think we are meant to question why and use the mind to its fullest..but you cannot abandon faith.

I think there are three forms of enlightenment.
1. bieng born! seeing the world..simple things, the awe enspiring sites of nature, the beauty of humanity, the humble realization that there is so much more..

2.The enlightenment of the spirit. Realization. Knowing that you know, faith. dwelling in the land without words, where you are all at once there, time means nothing, the one is all.
It is very difficult to reach this step and try to express what happened, the world becomes different. You may feel you know something but you dont know what? ..your mind grasps but your spirit soothes you and you remember..for that fraction of a moment you were there.
It is difficult to deny it after this point but not impossible..which makes it a very dangerous place to be.. tetering, perfectly balanced you choose your fate from there.

3.accepting the one. Wholey and entirelly, giving up your own  self for the one.  Your mind and spirit become one..the time for corruption and self is ended, know you not only know but you understand. And your actons reflect it..as a man thinketh..so it is spirit-mind-actions all are united.
Whether this is accomplishable in this world I dont know..I do know that I have never seen anyone that has accomplished this.

At each step you cant truely grasp thoughts from the next.. The same as I cant say whether the search for understanding will ultimately save us or destroy us..I can only root myself in faith and hope to expess it correctly.

We are the most amazing thing I have ever seen, and I dont think we can come to any conclusions..for we dont really know much..I have faith that the one  is perfect as is all, and that every thought, every moment must play out to its fullist..why? so we can learn from it.. take the knowledge of all and truely understand, by reaching the third step we will have completed the cycle..What we called wisdom and what we called logic are made plain to see that we could not reach this point without ultimately abandoning them for the one and seeing true wisdom-the matrix of the mind coming toghether fully understanding.

"What would touch you deeper, tears that fall from eyes that only cry?
Would it touch you deeper, then tears that fall from eyes.. that know why?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1419634 - 03/31/03 12:38 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

We are here to experience and learn. Through experience we gain wisdom. Through collective wisdom, all creation constantly evolves. We are the experiencers of subjective reality, that through our limited perceptions of pain, love, joy, fear, anger, etc.. we help the greater reality further expand the balance.

The ego is a tool, to be worked with and transcended, not destroyed or viewed as an enemy or toxin. That is not to say the ego cannot produce a mental toxin such as insecurities, mental/emotional walls, etc.. but these things can be overcome and the ego can release them. The idea is to embrace and love the ego instead of hurting it, ignoring it and pushing it away. The ego has a big ego, and the idea is to not feed and boost the ego, but to make it realize that their is no need for an ego boost in the first place, and that ego needs to relax and become more flexible because it's limitations really puts a damper on how you experience reality. Or something like that.. that probably didn't make any sense but oh well..

Anyways...the purpose of all life is to continually experience life, in order to gain wisdom, so that all of creation can continue advancing and evolving. No stagnation. Every form of life may be on a different path, and experiencing different things at different times, but in the end it all chalks up to experience gained = wisdom = evolution for all things.

Is God just a higher manifestation of life that has learned how to manipulate matter? Are we the result?

Perhaps. Though it may not be as simple as that.

You are NOT a detriment to life...all living things are magnificient creations capable of limitless amounts of divine joy, love, and creation. All things exist as one collective consciousness manifesting as the All-That-Is.. or God...who uses collective wisdom gained from ALL THINGS, to expand and evolve. All things are equally precious in their importance.

Now whether any of this makes any sense to you, I don't know. What I do know is that you have asked the questions, and so they will be answered, by the universe, in a way you can understand perfectly. Maybe it will come in the form of shaggy or shroomism, or a cat meowing at you, or some insight/revelation that hits you like a ton of bricks when you wake up. It doesn't matter, all you need to know, is that all things move in cycles, you are part of the cycle, we are all connected, and the universe always provides. Think of yourself as a drop of water in the pacific ocean.

Creation found the perfect way of constant progress and evolution. Before, when there was no physical universe, only spiritual matter, Creation was progressing simply by it's own experiences and those around it. Then it reached a point where it could not learn any more, it began to stagnate. It created a physical universe, which was separate yet a counterpart of Spiritual matter. This plane allowed for Creation to make many forms of life which could experience reality in many different ways so that Creation could take their continual gaining of wisdom and utilize it as it's own to continue evolution. There is a level of precision which I cannot use words to go at, one must discover themselves. I'm merely a pointer of paths in this manifestation.

The general purpose of all life is to evolve all life. Simple right? Yes, but there can be other ..individual purposes... and everyone has life goals. It's up to you to figure them out. Everyone has a purpose for why they are here now, whether it be to learn tolerance and patience, work out past life karmic inbalances, learn some lesson about life, and/or all of these things and much more. Before you incarnate onto the physical plane, you choose your life lessons, which is generally what attributes you would like to work on/ challenges to overcome.. this is written on the soul level on the akashic records..all previous life lessons, current, and future. There are many factors at work in this multi-faceted reality that is constantly shifting and shaping, but for each individual there is a definite underlying pattern for them to follow..which their own soul layed before them before they entered this life and fell into ignorance of previous existance and soul life. My words are simply words and cannot convey the full message I am trying to get across, but I must use what I have.
One must ultimately go within to find the answers. They are all there, clear as day. I can only show you the general area to look for them.

Here's to you walking your path with love and joy in your heart, and wonder and excitement in your eyes.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Re: Why? [Re: Shroomism]
    #1420389 - 03/31/03 09:12 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

That was very nice shroomism.. :cool:
I cant sound quite as sure of the details as you, because all of my beliefs flow from the source through my mind my own subjective spin is added, suffering from what I call "the flaw of man" ..it could be somed-up roughly translating to greed or pride(in self).

What did you guys think of my three levels of enlightenment?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology