Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Just found out why John Lennon was murdered. Blew my mind. [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #14200678 - 03/28/11 09:51 PM (13 years, 3 days ago)

well, listen... music history tells us... that beatles kicked ass... so hard... they took their band and made it into a psychedelic masterpiece... and the thing is they ALWAYS kept their standard of musical composure (and not to mention, literally, their ability as well) rising, from album to album eventually releasing crazy sounding experimental albums like Revolver, SGT Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, the White Album and Abbey Road... which of course was recorded the last. Out of all their albums... LOOK IT UP :tinfoil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDevlish2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loc: The Astral Realm 16,376AD
Re: Just found out why John Lennon was murdered. Blew my mind. [Re: akira_akuma]
    #14200713 - 03/28/11 09:55 PM (13 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
well, listen... music history tells us... that beatles kicked ass... so hard... they took their band and made it into a psychedelic masterpiece... and the thing is they ALWAYS kept their standard of musical composure (and not to mention, literally, their ability as well) rising, from album to album eventually releasing crazy sounding experimental albums like Revolver, SGT Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, the White Album and Abbey Road... which of course was recorded the last. Out of all their albums... LOOK IT UP :tinfoil:

Precisely. Their songwriting was golden.

--------------------
[]
Space is the place

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Just found out why John Lennon was murdered. Blew my mind. [Re: Devlish2]
    #14200769 - 03/28/11 10:08 PM (13 years, 3 days ago)

but Love is better in my opinion, though. :smirk:

seriously... i thought they were way more... "naturally" out there...

Invisiblequinn
some kinda love
 User Gallery

Re: Just found out why John Lennon was murdered. Blew my mind. [Re: akira_akuma]
    #14200916 - 03/28/11 10:37 PM (13 years, 3 days ago)

did any1 else find the title of this thread to be in bad taste? :hehehe:

edit- oh wait sorry he was shot in the back... my bad

Edited by quinn (03/28/11 11:03 PM)

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #14201856 - 03/29/11 01:46 AM (13 years, 3 days ago)

I dunno, I always liked Country Joe & The Fish better than the Beatles, found them to be far more psychedelic from the very beginning.

Again, not saying the Beatles are bad or anything. I think they're great. Still though, a bit overrated.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: Just found out why John Lennon was murdered. Blew my mind. [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #14202671 - 03/29/11 08:22 AM (13 years, 3 days ago)

Okay well I read through everyone's posts and still was curious to see the movie for myself. I like to be able to look at things on my own, instead of just taking the general consensus as fact...I love things like this, riddles/puzzles/etc. that are finely constructed and extremely intricate, as this whole thing seems to be.

So regarding discussion on the movie;

I did read up a little more on it and before the movie started, I had read some of the Netflix reviews. Specifically one said that Rubber Soul was released in 1965, a year before Paul supposedly died, but in the movie it is explained as if the record was the first one after Paul's death. I looked that up and it was released in 1965...so going into it I was a bit skeptical.

I had a few other things pop into my mind as I was watching the movie.
1. the recording sounded too clear to be recorded on a mini-cassette recorder. It should have had some fading in and out of the sound as he was talking I would think. I read a review that brought up some points I had not thought of. The voice sounds young, so is it an actor interpreting the actual recordings? It doesn't sound like an older man in the hospital. There are no outside noises as would be expected on a hand held recording, especially in the hospital (people walking by, machines beeping or buzzing, etc.) Also that the recording seemed to have dramatic pauses that fit right in with the movie...

2. When they said that the whole reason for the cover-up was so that hundreds or thousands of girls would commit suicide if they found out Paul was dead - seemed WAY too out there for me...I just really had a hard time with that.

HOWEVER

I found that the words to the Beatles songs were really weird and did have a lot of death imagery. Also the parts on the album cover art was really fun to watch. I think this movie complied all the work of thousands of Beatles fans over the years in regards to this Paul is Dead thing, and put it together all in one place. I thought it was pretty fun to watch for that alone.

The interviews with George, he was DEFINITELY calling Paul, "Faul" - WTF is that?

And the Backwards Masking stuff - Why were the Beatles putting all that stuff in their albums???? As in - why put things in there like with the "death" and negativity imagery? Seems really weird!

I had fun with the movie, and got to see a really interesting viewpoint of the Beatles :smile:

InvisibleTTT
Cultivate the inside
 User Gallery

Re: Just found out why John Lennon was murdered. Blew my mind. [Re: NlightNme]
    #14202724 - 03/29/11 08:51 AM (13 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

dynomite said:

you see the pick guard? it's on the top, that means it's being played backwards. so.....

either it's a guitar "faul" was using to learn how to play left-handed on, and this picture was taken candidly while he was sneaking in some right-handed playing. because of course anyone who can when a paul mccartney loo-a-like contest can also play guitar, right?

or

it is a right handed guitar being play left-handed, in a reversed picture

the dumbest part of this whole thing is why would they kill john lennon so much later in life instead of killing "faul" after the beatles broke up?  wouldn't "faul" be more of a liability?

Quote:

NlightNme said:
Quote:

Azure Essence said:
I feel like this was something I heard about before, but could find way more info on it before. I seem to remember them even INTENTIONALLY putting in messages as a joke to the whole thing, and I thought about that a lot watching this, but I cant seem to find anything alluding to that anymore. But it would explain a lot of this, but all the same it's very interesting and creepy, and I find myself more and more guessing about it, haha

And there seems to be a LOT of resentment towards paul by Harrison and Lennon near the end of the beatles. And I swear in the interview near the end Harrison is actually referring to paul as faul thru out. I wasnt sure at first, but once he says another word starting with 'f' and you hear the gently hiss it makes as opposed to the 'p's, and he's certainly not calling him paul.

And what the fuck DID happen to lennon? just too much acid or what?

Yeah Harrison did call him Faul twice in that interview. I had to rewind it for that part to make sure. And there is another new caster or something who called him faul a couple of times in one of the clips. Guessing it's just some guy who bought in to the theory when it first came around and was calling him Faul under this presumption. The crazy part was Harrison calling him Faul... wtf.

Quote:

Todcasil said:
So how come every picture I see of Paul McCartney
when he's older, I mean EVERY one shows him playing
left handed?

Also my brother Drewston got to see Paul live about 1 and
a half years ago and he said he was playing left handed AND
he sounded just like himself when he sang some of the older
beatles songs.

I don't care who anyone thinks he is, but he is Paul fucking McCartney
to me and I think he kicks every ones effing ass at rock and roll.

:foshizzle:

Of course he didn't switch to just right handed especially in public; that would be stupid. I believe it was more for photos like this and some studio work. And according to the movie/theory, while Faul was getting his surgeries and learning how to play left handed he was undergoing voice therapy to match up accents and whatnot. Meanwhile Lennon said he had about 50 songs that he and McCartney wrote that he could release for a while until Faul was ready for the spotlight (Y&T).
Quote:

TTT said:
Quote:

NlightNme said:
I'd love to keep posting more clues/proof but that would be time consuming as hell. It is on netflix instant stream so how about this:

Let's turn this in to a debate about this issue BASED UPON THAT DOCUMENTARY.

The only reason I say this is cause I completely understand that if, 2 days ago, I had opened a thread that said everything I just said I would laugh my ass off at that guy. Watch the documentary from start to end, and then if you still believe that it was all a hoax or conspiracy theory then that's awesome... let's talk about it.

There's just too much evidence in that to just explain away as simply as you guys are.

I understand the outragousness of this claim - but I would think this would be the type of community to look in to it, analyze, and discuss rather than just "BAHAHAH you're so dumb, those are the most retarded claims I've EVER heard on the shroomery." - I have been around here long enough to know that there is no way that's true. I at least have evidence to back my claims up. We all know how retarded people can be on here.

You are such a fool. Just because something presents itself like a documentary doesn't mean its all truth. You have no idea what could of possibly happened so stop pretending like you have all the answers.

Its like people who watch What the Bleep? and think they understand the universe. Look up Ramtha and the comments of the scientists in the film. Many had what they said edited and shortened so it would mesh with what Ramtha wanted to portray. Almost everyone in it is in her cult.

Don't we have a forum for people who accept pseudoscience as truth? Isn't it the conspiracy forum?

I never said it was all truth. Even in the movie they tell their doubts. They said they sent the tapes to 3 different digital phorensic labs to have them authenticated but all were inconclusive. It does not bother me at all that you think I'm a fool. You and many others in this thread seem to think I accept everything at face value. I'm a psychologist... I can look at any seemingly scientific study and tell you the inadequacies of it and the leaps made in their statements that they are presenting as fact. I completely understand how you think I'm a fool because I entertain the idea of this theory but in my mind it's just as foolish to accept that it isn't true as it is to accept that it is true. As has been said many times: No one knows.

And you're right, clearly this should be moved from The Pub - "A place for laid-back discussion on any topic." It doesn't seem to fit in to that category.

Conspiracy theory threads, if true, have tremendous and global impact. If this theory is true its like... dam that's crazy. Not to mention as I've stated many times the main reason I posted this was just to inform anyone (such as I was a couple of days ago) who was completely oblivious to this theory that it was even out there; through the medium of the movie that introduced me to it. The pub seemed like the most appropriate place :shrug:

Bro, since you're a "psychologist" I'll throw this one at you. I am an INTP, I most certainly do not take things at face value, I need proof and facts. You have failed to deliver any of this. All you have presented is the typical ohh play these tracks backwards crap. I'm sorry but nothing you have provided is legitimate information. Where are these documents? You know, nevermind.

I am not going to waste anymore of my time with this thread.

Edited by TTT (03/29/11 08:52 AM)

OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

Loc: Paradise
Re: Just found out why John Lennon was murdered. Blew my mind. [Re: TTT] * 1
    #14205471 - 03/29/11 07:22 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

haha! i love it when people are about to serve people and they start the sentence off with bro! its the best. the broternity are proud of you  brosephine! :lol:

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Just found out why John Lennon was murdered. Blew my mind. [Re: TTT]
    #14205616 - 03/29/11 07:50 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

TTT said:
I am not going to waste anymore of my time with this thread.

REER KTHHH!!1

OfflineFelinor
PhilosophicalDreamer
Male

Loc: Down Town China Town
    #14205842 - 03/29/11 08:29 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

The same thing happened to tupac. :thumbdown:

--------------------
The world itself is the will to power - and nothing else! And you yourself are the will to power - and nothing else! ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offlineamilibertine
It’s good to be back!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northern South Midwest
Re: Just found out why John Lennon was murdered. Blew my mind. [Re: dwpineal]
    #14205988 - 03/29/11 08:51 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

dwpineal said:
Okay well I read through everyone's posts and still was curious to see the movie for myself. I like to be able to look at things on my own, instead of just taking the general consensus as fact...I love things like this, riddles/puzzles/etc. that are finely constructed and extremely intricate, as this whole thing seems to be.

I did read up a little more on it and before the movie started, I had read some of the Netflix reviews. Specifically one said that Rubber Soul was released in 1965, a year before Paul supposedly died, but in the movie it is explained as if the record was the first one after Paul's death. I looked that up and it was released in 1965...so going into it I was a bit skeptical.

1. the recording sounded too clear to be recorded on a mini-cassette recorder. It should have had some fading in and out of the sound as he was talking I would think. I read a review that brought up some points I had not thought of. The voice sounds young, so is it an actor interpreting the actual recordings? It doesn't sound like an older man in the hospital. There are no outside noises as would be expected on a hand held recording, especially in the hospital (people walking by, machines beeping or buzzing, etc.) Also that the recording seemed to have dramatic pauses that fit right in with the movie...

2. When they said that the whole reason for the cover-up was so that hundreds or thousands of girls would commit suicide if they found out Paul was dead - seemed WAY too out there for me...I just really had a hard time with that.

HOWEVER

I found that the words to the Beatles songs were really weird and did have a lot of death imagery. Also the parts on the album cover art was really fun to watch. I think this movie complied all the work of thousands of Beatles fans over the years in regards to this Paul is Dead thing, and put it together all in one place. I thought it was pretty fun to watch for that alone.

The interviews with George, he was DEFINITELY calling Paul, "Faul" - WTF is that?

And the Backwards Masking stuff - Why were the Beatles putting all that stuff in their albums???? As in - why put things in there like with the "death" and negativity imagery? Seems really weird!

I had fun with the movie, and got to see a really interesting viewpoint of the Beatles :smile:

I don't see why writing about death is weird at all seeing how it's the only thing in life that is assured.  Plus the death of their manager I'm sure had a big impact on everything from the White album forward.

As far as the backwards masking in their recordings goes they were just always experimenting in the studio.  In fact they recorded the very first backwards sounds ever heard on an album, the song is "I'm Only Sleeping" from Revolver and it's George Harrison who came up with it and recorded it for the song.  It's a backwards guitar and it's in several parts of the song.

As far as the thousands of fans committing suicide if they found out about Paul being dead, it sounds crazy because it is crazy.  The whole thing sounds unbelievable because it is utterly insane. 

It truly is so "X-files" that I can just see Mulder and Scully chasing down Paul (sorry "Faul") McCartney and them pulling off his surgically enhanced face to find out that he's really Brian Wilson.  They would then discover that Wilson was the murderer, that he killed Paul because he was jealous that the Beatles were sill writing awesome music while the Beach Boys were not.  Thus he got the best of both worlds.  After working with a multitude of expert voice-trainers and plastic surgeons his plan was complete.  Unfortunately he didn't realize the Beatles were on their way to breaking up and that he was about to be touring for the next 40 years playing all his goofy love songs.

See what I did there.  :hehehe:

--------------------

OfflineSmokedShroom
ShroomMush
Male User Gallery

Re: Just found out why John Lennon was murdered. Blew my mind. [Re: amilibertine]
    #14206193 - 03/29/11 09:21 PM (13 years, 2 days ago)

Oh I saw this movie the other day just cause nothing else to watch. But after watching this I believe the documentary. I agree that it must of been a british actor doing the voice over, most likely cause the real recording was too fuzzy.
I also think that due to the fact that this was in the 60s things were alot different mentally towards everything, I think its likely that they were trying to prevent mass suicide, I mean have you seen girls that just go retardley insane over Justin Beiber whos possibly the gayest kid I've ever seen complimented by shitty music, back then it was beatles but way crazier, so how is keeping it secret for this sake so unbelievable.
That backward record shit was freaky, but you gotta here that too believe it. But its pretty much perfectly clear whats being said. Always it is referencing Paul.
Government tactics of making some fat ass loser to kill john lennon I just don't see why thats so hard to believe either.
Just a view, so don't freak out some o you crazies.

OfflineNlightNme
Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: Just found out why John Lennon was murdered. Blew my mind. [Re: dwpineal]
    #14209824 - 03/30/11 02:20 PM (13 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

dwpineal said:

HOWEVER

I agree. The tape had to have been read by someone else and not in the linear fashion it was recorded in, as some voice clips were repeated. I look at it the way you look at it - an interesting thing to consider.

And TTT, Bro, I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone so I don't know why you're attacking my lack of evidence for a farfetched theory lol. As has been said many times I was just trying to get this documentary out there so that people could watch it on their own and make their own opinions.

--------------------
Tenet Nosce

You tell me the music industry is dead. I tell you that music never should have been industrialized in the first place.

OfflineAaronEruditus
Enthusiast
Male

Loc: Ottawa, ON, Canada Flag
Re: Just found out why John Lennon was murdered. Blew my mind. [Re: NlightNme]
    #14210618 - 03/30/11 04:53 PM (13 years, 1 day ago)

What about that "I buried Paul" statement at the end of 'Strawberry Fields Forever'? I know some people say it really is "cranberry sauce", but listen to this:

It's at 4:09, he clearly says "I buried Paul"...thoughts?  :confused2:

--------------------
“Science is always discovering odd scraps of magical wisdom and making a tremendous fuss about its cleverness.” ~ Aleister Crowley

“Self-importance is our greatest enemy. Think about it - what weakens us, is feeling offended by the deeds and misdeeds of our fellowmen. Our self-importance requires that we spend most of our lives offended by someone.” ~ Don Juan Matus

Offlinesaxcidjazz
Male

Re: Just found out why John Lennon was murdered. Blew my mind. [Re: AaronEruditus]
    #14210750 - 03/30/11 05:18 PM (13 years, 1 day ago)

Could just as easily be I'm very tall.  Your ears can easily deceive you into hearing what you want to hear.

Offlineclaraclairvoyant
well oiled machine
 User Gallery

Re: Just found out why John Lennon was murdered. Blew my mind. [Re: Todcasil]
    #14211203 - 03/30/11 06:36 PM (13 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Todcasil said:
Quote:

claraclairvoyant
I really dont like what the new paul did with wings.

Are you serious!?  I love pauls solowork,
But my first beatles album was the white album,
which pretty much spelled out what the solo beatles
would be doing, and I LOVE that album.

I'm just kidding duder, it was a joke to amplify how silly it'd be for a "replacement" for one of the beatles to actually have a solo career after they broke up :lol:...this thread is so sillay youuu guiiiizz

--------------------

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Just found out why John Lennon was murdered. Blew my mind. [Re: claraclairvoyant]
    #14212634 - 03/30/11 11:22 PM (13 years, 1 day ago)

:highfive:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Offlinemongo lloyd
Lone Free Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Just found out why John Lennon was murdered. Blew my mind. [Re: Todcasil]
    #14213589 - 03/31/11 07:17 AM (13 years, 1 day ago)

It was actually Ringo who died.

Oh wait, nobody cares about him.

--------------------

OfflineAntiEverything
im not a doctor
Male

Re: Just found out why John Lennon was murdered. Blew my mind. [Re: mongo lloyd]
    #14213592 - 03/31/11 07:18 AM (13 years, 1 day ago)

didnt read, need summary

--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

Offlinemongo lloyd
Lone Free Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Just found out why John Lennon was murdered. Blew my mind. [Re: AntiEverything]
    #14213612 - 03/31/11 07:29 AM (13 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

AntiEverything said:
didnt read, need summary

Lennon was murdered because he was going to tell everyone that Paul McCartney died in a car crash and was replaced by a fake.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck