Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleM11
White Thumb

Re: Kratom, how is it? [Re: tospace]
    #14183594 - 03/25/11 07:51 PM (13 years, 7 days ago)

Kratom is amazing.  I like it more than the herb in many respects; but the two together are meant to be. 

I highly recommend premium Bali kratom.  5 g makes me feel great.  Very euphoric strain.

--------------------
Of course, then there's the problem of eating vermiculite. On the bright side, it makes your poop and teeth glitter.  Just pretend it's christmas.
-RR

Those mushrooms are fine.  Your friend is a pussy.
-RR

Outdoor Patch

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMrPeanutButta
Stranger

Re: Kratom, how is it? [Re: M11]
    #14184358 - 03/25/11 10:10 PM (13 years, 7 days ago)

Kratom is great; especially premium thai or bali in capsules. About 4-6 grams is the sweet spot for me. It feels very euphoric with a little of the opiate nausea. If I take the premium thai it is a little more stimulating; I've had great success doing homework or working around the house on it.

I don't have a bad experience the next day. Also, it does go GREAT with weed.

Offlinetospace
Male

Re: Kratom, how is it? [Re: MrPeanutButta]
    #14184432 - 03/25/11 10:24 PM (13 years, 7 days ago)

I wonder if its synergetic with dxm like herion and other opiates are.  Ive taken 80mg of hydrocodone and not felt great but 300mg of dxm plus 30 or 40mg of hydro was the most awesome opiate experience I ever had.  That time made me love opiates.

--------------------
a teenage girl looking for guidance

Offlinerhave
Stranger

Re: Kratom, how is it? [Re: tospace]
    #14185000 - 03/26/11 12:38 AM (13 years, 7 days ago)

The compound that's believed to be responsible for most of the opiate effects(7-hydroxymitragynine) is something like 5x as strong an opiate agonist as heroin, but in my experience it seems to have a maximum effective dose.  When I tried it while i was using heroin I wasn't able to get high off it though it kept the withdrawals off.  When I tried it again after a couple months of not using opiates it was quite a pleasant experience though not strong enough for a good nod.  Maybe there's something in it that works as a partial antagonist? :shrug:
I like to think of it as natures equivalent to buprenorphine or methadone. One of the most impressive legal high herbs IMO

I imagine that DXM would have the same effect with kratom as other opiates it's synergy seems to be from being an atypical opiate instead of from metabolism interference like grapefruit juice which i wouldn't expect to work with kratom because I would guess it has a different metabolic pathway than morphine. I'm curious now, someone should try it. :aweoverdose:

Edited by rhave (03/26/11 12:44 AM)

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Kratom, how is it? [Re: rhave]
    #14185407 - 03/26/11 03:48 AM (13 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

rhave said:
.....instead of from metabolism interference like grapefruit juice which i wouldn't expect to work with kratom because I would guess it has a different metabolic pathway than morphine. I'm curious now, someone should try it. :aweoverdose:

:strokebeard:

I'm too stoned and tired to do the research right now, but I am curious about that as well.

I've been wanting to try Kratom for some time now, sounds like something I would really enjoy :yesnod:.

:stoner:

--------------------

OfflineMrPeanutButta
Stranger

Re: Kratom, how is it? [Re: rhave]
    #14187680 - 03/26/11 04:23 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

rhave said:
The compound that's believed to be responsible for most of the opiate effects(7-hydroxymitragynine) is something like 5x as strong an opiate agonist as heroin, but in my experience it seems to have a maximum effective dose.  When I tried it while i was using heroin I wasn't able to get high off it though it kept the withdrawals off.  When I tried it again after a couple months of not using opiates it was quite a pleasant experience though not strong enough for a good nod.  Maybe there's something in it that works as a partial antagonist? :shrug:
I like to think of it as natures equivalent to buprenorphine or methadone. One of the most impressive legal high herbs IMO

I imagine that DXM would have the same effect with kratom as other opiates it's synergy seems to be from being an atypical opiate instead of from metabolism interference like grapefruit juice which i wouldn't expect to work with kratom because I would guess it has a different metabolic pathway than morphine. I'm curious now, someone should try it. :aweoverdose:

I believe you are on the right track about Kratom being a partial agonist/antagonist. This would explain why the addiction potential is much less and why it can be used as tool to drop a heroin addiction; it would be similar to Suboxone which can also feel pretty good at times.

Kratom is superior to Suboxone though because it doesn't have NEARLY as bad of withdrawals. Suboxone withdrawals were worse physically than Heroin withdrawals for me, but it did not make me feel depressed and like I wanted to die like Heroin withdrawals did.

The only thing that differs in my experience with Kratom when compared to yours is that it can give a very powerful opiate high with nod; much more so with the extracts or enhanced kratom.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder