Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineE Tard
Space Cowboy
too much lysol?
    #1418733 - 03/30/03 06:11 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

my friend has a question thats been bothering him. when he fans out his terrarium, he sprays the air in the room with lysol first. he gives in about 10-20 seconds for the mist to settle, then pops the top And fans it out. however, he's a bit concerned that the lysol in the air may damage the lysol when he fans the air out. is this something to be worried about? should he do something to make sure that lysol isn't being sprayed into the terrarium or is he just being paranoid and shouldn't worry about it?

--------------------
I am not stoned.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: too much lysol? [Re: E Tard]
    #1418738 - 03/30/03 06:15 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

yeah, try to avoid that, but it's not a huge problem - it'll just cause your shrooms to mutate in an ugly manner. But they'll still be ok for other purposes, but you might have a deficiency in prettiness, caps to make prints, and stunt their potential, since they're meant to grow upwards, and growing in a lumpy mass may mean less grams of final product.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

OfflineE Tard
Space Cowboy
Re: too much lysol? [Re: valour]
    #1418766 - 03/30/03 06:30 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

how could this be avoided? should he not spray lysol when he's doing this? he doesn';t have any fruits yet, so if any lysol is getting into the terrarium will it kill the mycellium?

--------------------
I am not stoned.

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

#1418801 - 03/30/03 06:57 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

I don't think it'll kill it (unless it gets directly on the mycellium) - I think the waiting after spraying is a good idea. Also consider wiping down the area around the terrarium with lysol sprayed on a cloth/paper towel instead of spraying right in that area - make sense?
And wash your hands AFTER lysolling.

Hm..is lysolling a real word?

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

OfflineE Tard
Space Cowboy
    #1418828 - 03/30/03 07:17 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

thanks for the feedback. i dont think any lysol is really getting directly on the mycellium. i wait for the mist to settle, so only what small amount is still floating of the air would get in. Would wiping down the terrarium with A lysol-soaked cloth be effective? im afraid of contaminants in the air blowing into the tray - not so much any contam on the lid of terrarium itself. anyway, why do you recomend washing my hands after using the lysol? just because its not something i want to be inhaling getting in my mouth and such?

--------------------
I am not stoned.

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

#1419069 - 03/30/03 11:11 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

Your hands are going into the terrarium, and are like little conveyors for both contams and now Lysol (if you rubbed down stuff with lysol).

So yeah - spray around to lower the contams floating around the room, but not directly above the terrarium.
Rub down the area around the terrarium to get any which are settled on the terrarium. It's not surgery - this guy I know has some casings that produced 140g on the first flush, not a single contam AFTER the fruiting stage - but just being careful helps. Sounds like you're on the right track.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

OfflineE Tard
Space Cowboy
    #1419079 - 03/30/03 11:18 PM (21 years, 22 days ago)

alright thanks man. the reason i asked about washing the hands afte spraying lysol is becaise i wasnt sure if you were getting at it being bad for the mycellium or just because id have it all over myself after everything was taken care of. alright, so thanks for you're help man. i hope all goes well

--------------------
I am not stoned.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds