Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSorted
Monkee
Loc: UK
U.S. says al Qaeda base destroyed
    #1418631 - 03/30/03 07:17 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Not sure if this has been posted before..couldn't see it on here.
Reminds me a bit of that 'huge chemical weapons plant' that they found a week back. i.e. releasing a story before any of it's been confirmed. I suppose they must be getting desperate for some real finds after 2 weeks with no evidence of WMDs or links to terrorism.

---------------------------
AS SAYLIYA CAMP, Qatar (Reuters) - The United States says U.S.-led forces have destroyed "a massive terrorist facility" in northern Iraq which could have been used by al Qaeda to make chemical weapons.

The head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Richard Myers, told CNN on Sunday the site in northeast Iraq could have been a training ground and may have produced the lethal poison ricin that was found in a London flat in January.

"We attacked and now have gone in on the ground into a site in northeast Iraq where Ansar al-Islam and al Qaeda had been working on poisons," Myers said.

"It's from this site where people were trained and where poisons were developed that migrated into Europe. We think that's probably where the ricin found in London probably came."

Myers said the targeted site was a "large complex with lots of underground pieces, tunnels and so forth" and could take up to a week to investigate properly.

"It's an area that was struck from the air. We had AC-130 gunships up there trying to take care of the target before the folks on the ground went in," he added.

"Some of the bodies that have been recovered, enemy bodies that have been recovered up there, are not Iraqis, they're not Iranians. We don't know for sure, but they're most likely al Qaeda."

U.S. Central Command chief General Tommy Franks said earlier that U.S.-led forces had "attacked and destroyed in the last 48 hours a massive terrorist facility in northern Iraq."

Washington accuses the Ansar al-Islam group, which has several hundred mainly Kurdish fighters in northern Iraq, of working to make chemical weapons with help from Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda network.

Washington blames al Qaeda for the September 11, 2001, suicide hijacking attacks on the United States.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefriartuck
Man of God

Loc: England
Re: U.S. says al Qaeda base destroyed [Re: Sorted]
    #1418662 - 03/30/03 07:34 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds like a frame-up.

How can they possibly know that some of the bodies were not Iraqi? Theyd idn't have their Iraqi national civilian ID cards on them?

>"It's from this site where people were trained and where poisons were developed that migrated into Europe. We think that's probably where the ricin found in London probably came."

How long ago did we find out about this site and why didn't we send the UN arms inspectors there?

>"It's an area that was struck from the air. We had AC-130 gunships up there trying to take care of the target before the folks on the ground went in," he added.

Uncorroberated claim. I won't believe it is verified by an Arab source.

>"We attacked and now have gone in on the ground into a site in northeast Iraq where Ansar al-Islam and al Qaeda had been working on poisons," Myers said.

More likely the Al-Jazeera tv studio they bombed early last week.

>Washington accuses the Ansar al-Islam group, which has several hundred mainly Kurdish fighters in northern Iraq, of working to make chemical weapons with help from Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda network

Aren't the Kurds our allies? I thought the link was between Hussein and Al-Queda. Now it's between our allies and Al-Queda?

--------------------
This post has been brought to you by:

www.thedarkunderbelly.com/phpbb

Never give up, never surrender.

If you're seeing bitterness, perhaps the time has come to clean the shit from your eyes.

Invisibleslppe
the eye

Loc: tripped out
Re: U.S. says al Qaeda base destroyed [Re: Sorted]
    #1418718 - 03/30/03 08:03 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

"It's from this site where people were trained and where poisons were developed that migrated into Europe. We think that's probably where the ricin found in London probably came."

wow if that isnt evidence i dont know what is :smirk: If they found box-cutters in that same factory would they say thats where the 9/11 hijackers trained. How do they come up with these far fetched connections 

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion