Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Mindblowing trip on 9 grams, talking with "God", no longer athiest (please read) [Re: Joolz]
    #14213378 - 03/31/11 05:04 AM (13 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

You should learn that religions only help people if they believe in it. What doesn't help you, may help other people. Are you denying that a Buddhist master can have control over their chakras? Or be one with the cosmos? Or reach enlightenment? Surely you would know what they see and feel better than they do, right?

Before you right something off as "bullshit," you should learn that the main rule of life is "to each their own" and that you, nor anyone else are right.

You clearly have as much of a clue as anyone else does.

Some people have more of a clue than others.  Some people are downright delusional, schizophrenic, or supremely superstitious.

Yes, I think the idea of chakras is bullshit, so obviously a Buddhist has no control over it.  One with the universe?  Fraudulent or delusional claim.  Same with enlightenment.  There is not a shred of evidence that any of this exists.  Nothing, other than the unverifiable ramblings of shysters or nutjobs.  I'm not gulled into that nonsense.  Its all lumped in with virgin births, Muhammed, and Zeus.  Of course if believing in your own particular cultural myths or choosing foreign myths or creating myths from psychedelic trips make you happy, then do it but don't pretend that its anything different than rubbing a rabbit's foot for luck.

I have a bullshit detector.  Invest in one.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineiluvfungi
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA USA Flag
Re: Mindblowing trip on 9 grams, talking with "God", no longer athiest (please read) [Re: alexc]
    #14213398 - 03/31/11 05:14 AM (13 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

alexc said:
Not to sound like a dick, but I doubt taking shrooms actually had you talking to the "real" god (if one does exist)

It's clearly your mind just running rampant. I don't see how someone can seriously change their faith after a shroom or lsd trip and I've had some intense shit happen to me, but I know at the end of the day I'd never really communicate with an actual god on either substance, that's just silly.

I've found God on nearly half my trips at this point. Or at least something is related to God in some way on essentially every trip; believe it or not. In my video below, I try to explain the concept of love, for those of you who have difficultly accepting religion.

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Mindblowing trip on 9 grams, talking with "God", no longer athiest (please read) [Re: joemolloy]
    #14214113 - 03/31/11 10:21 AM (13 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Same with enlightenment.  There is not a shred of evidence that any of this exists.

By God, that's true. Nor will there ever be! :awesomenod: Praise the Lord!!:jesus:

:peace:PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Offlined00d557
Earth Transient
Male

Loc: Earth
Re: Mindblowing trip on 9 grams, talking with "God", no longer athiest (please read) [Re: joemolloy]
    #14214216 - 03/31/11 10:51 AM (13 years, 1 day ago)

Yes actually.  Comparing insights on psychedelics to a heroin nod?  Please. :huxleyfacepalm:

--------------------
Spread the love and always remember to be at peace with yourself.
Namaste

Offlined00d557
Earth Transient
Male

#14214277 - 03/31/11 11:05 AM (13 years, 1 day ago)

Problem with you is even though you have experienced these things, or at least claimed to have experienced them.  You still maintained your reductionist materialist views.  What you people seem to forget is the scientific view is indeed a paradigm in and of itself.  It limits you.

--------------------
Spread the love and always remember to be at peace with yourself.
Namaste

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Mindblowing trip on 9 grams, talking with "God", no longer athiest (please read) [Re: d00d557]
    #14214779 - 03/31/11 01:07 PM (13 years, 1 day ago)

Yeah, you can go there but you can't take you with you.:alientransform:

:peace:PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Offlinefugazi32
Hardcore Raver & Junglist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Milton Keynes, England
Re: Mindblowing trip on 9 grams, talking with "God", no longer athiest (please read) [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #14215043 - 03/31/11 02:11 PM (13 years, 1 day ago)

Thanks for sharing, excellent post! I've had many similar experiences on my 10g+ trips - mind expanding indeed!!!!

--------------------
“Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence." - Robert Anton Wilson

It is so obvious: Psilocybin Mushrooms are living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy! :mushroom2:

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Mindblowing trip on 9 grams, talking with "God", no longer athiest (please read) [Re: d00d557]
    #14215060 - 03/31/11 02:14 PM (13 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

d00d557 said:
Yes actually.  Comparing insights on psychedelics to a heroin nod?  Please. :huxleyfacepalm:

Read some heroin trip reports, many of them sound psychedelic to me.

Perhaps its the hippie cultural paradigm that makes you elevate the mushroom trip above the heroin experience or the alcoholic stupor.  Can people have insights on these other drugs?  Can they experience "alternate realities" on other drugs?  The answer is yes and the "education" that you've received from sites like this reinforces those notions.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

#14215085 - 03/31/11 02:19 PM (13 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

d00d557 said:
Problem with you is even though you have experienced these things, or at least claimed to have experienced them.  You still maintained your reductionist materialist views.  What you people seem to forget is the scientific view is indeed a paradigm in and of itself.  It limits you.

I agree that the scientific view is a paradigm and a lens to interpret the world.  However, compared to any of the other options, it is the most logical, rational, and critically minded.  It is not afraid to discard old dogmas and values evidence and repeatability when making an assertion.  When thinking about my trips, the only way I can understand them is by looking at them rationally.  Did I really turn from a slave crawling in the Egyptian desert into the sphinx?  Fuck that and any entertaining of such an idea is bullshit.  You're advocating delusion if you suggest otherwise.

--------------------

OfflineKTexas
Third 3ye
Male

#14224438 - 04/02/11 12:59 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
Quote:

You should learn that religions only help people if they believe in it. What doesn't help you, may help other people. Are you denying that a Buddhist master can have control over their chakras? Or be one with the cosmos? Or reach enlightenment? Surely you would know what they see and feel better than they do, right?

Before you right something off as "bullshit," you should learn that the main rule of life is "to each their own" and that you, nor anyone else are right.

You clearly have as much of a clue as anyone else does.

Some people have more of a clue than others.  Some people are downright delusional, schizophrenic, or supremely superstitious.

Yes, I think the idea of chakras is bullshit, so obviously a Buddhist has no control over it.  One with the universe?  Fraudulent or delusional claim.  Same with enlightenment.  There is not a shred of evidence that any of this exists.  Nothing, other than the unverifiable ramblings of shysters or nutjobs.  I'm not gulled into that nonsense.  Its all lumped in with virgin births, Muhammed, and Zeus.  Of course if believing in your own particular cultural myths or choosing foreign myths or creating myths from psychedelic trips make you happy, then do it but don't pretend that its anything different than rubbing a rabbit's foot for luck.

I have a bullshit detector.  Invest in one.

To you it's bullshit but your dogmatic thought process is just as hypocritical as someone who believes in magic.

Yeah so what a chemical caused a life changing spiritual awakening experience? Is it not ironic that the chemical that produced his trip came from a fungus? Since fungus decompose dead plants and animals; could it not be a linked gateway to a spiritual realm?

I think when  you have your "bullshit detector" on you put a barrier in your mind to different possibilities. try being agnostic for a trip. :P
but hey, being atheist might have its pros right? you must value your life on this planet more than me since it all ends when your dead lol

--------------------
I'd much rather have a internal, telepathic escapade with my lover. It's like fiber-optic wires connect our brains into one conciseness and our imagination is our playground. It's the most beautiful thing i have ever experienced. -Me

"The only real valuable thing is intuition.”
-Albert Einstein

http://salamisticks.tumblr.com

InvisibleAbstraKt_I_Am

Loc: Abroad.
Re: Mindblowing trip on 9 grams, talking with [Re: KTexas]
    #14225228 - 04/02/11 09:37 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Edited by AbstraKt_I_Am (04/02/11 09:45 AM)

Offlinethecoalman
knows where his towel is
Male

#14225418 - 04/02/11 10:48 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
Quote:

d00d557 said:

I agree that the scientific view is a paradigm and a lens to interpret the world.  However, compared to any of the other options, it is the most logical, rational, and critically minded.  It is not afraid to discard old dogmas and values evidence and repeatability when making an assertion.  When thinking about my trips, the only way I can understand them is by looking at them rationally.  Did I really turn from a slave crawling in the Egyptian desert into the sphinx?  Fuck that and any entertaining of such an idea is bullshit.  You're advocating delusion if you suggest otherwise.

No scientist would regard anything they didn't understand as "bullshit"
You are taking a dogmatic approach to this. That might be "science" as outlined by preachers like Richard Dawkins, but it is not the genuine scientific viewpoint. Science is not a question that has been answered, it is a never-ending journey into the unknown, a small light in the eternal darkness. I heard a good analogy recently, that this "everything we have not already explained is bullshit" pseudo-science is like a drunk looking for his lost keys underneath a street light. When asked where he dropped them, he points into the shadows. When asked why, then, is he looking under the street light, he replies "because that's where I can see."
Your attitude is not rational or scientific, it is dogmatic and provocative for the sake of being provocative. Please stop shitting on other people's experiences, or if you insist on doing so, do it in the name of your own beliefs, not Science.

--------------------
"What the hell is the point of having a cake if you can't eat it?"

- Some Guy.

OfflineHyperSpaceMaggot
Uncle Creepy

Re: Mindblowing trip on 9 grams, talking with "God", no longer athiest (please read) [Re: thecoalman]
    #14225441 - 04/02/11 10:53 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Lmao ass of at " DMT is bullshit."
You are a very angry young man.
:feelsweirdman:

--------------------
:feelsweirdman: :feelsweirdman:

Offline12468
Stranger
 User Gallery

#14225832 - 04/02/11 12:32 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
Quote:

d00d557 said:

You`re a real piece of work, Joe Molloy. IF that is your real name...

Can't you see your point of view is at least as irrational and dogmatic as those you've made it your personal mission to attack?

I've seen some angry, frustrated, vitriolic people on this board before, but you really take the cake

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Mindblowing trip on 9 grams, talking with "God", no longer athiest (please read) [Re: thecoalman]
    #14225862 - 04/02/11 12:42 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

No scientist would regard anything they didn't understand as "bullshit"
You are taking a dogmatic approach to this. That might be "science" as outlined by preachers like Richard Dawkins, but it is not the genuine scientific viewpoint. Science is not a question that has been answered, it is a never-ending journey into the unknown, a small light in the eternal darkness. I heard a good analogy recently, that this "everything we have not already explained is bullshit" pseudo-science is like a drunk looking for his lost keys underneath a street light. When asked where he dropped them, he points into the shadows. When asked why, then, is he looking under the street light, he replies "because that's where I can see."
Your attitude is not rational or scientific, it is dogmatic and provocative for the sake of being provocative. Please stop shitting on other people's experiences, or if you insist on doing so, do it in the name of your own beliefs, not Science.

I think science would classify my experience of turning into the sphinx under the influence of DMT as hallucination/delusion or in layman's terms, bullshit.  Maybe you learned science from a shaman though so let me get my tye-dye shirt and 2012 prophesy calendar so we can better understand each other.

--------------------

OfflineHyperSpaceMaggot
Uncle Creepy

#14225902 - 04/02/11 12:51 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Like as if messages from the other dimensions are always literal. :rolleyes:

--------------------
:feelsweirdman: :feelsweirdman:

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Mindblowing trip on 9 grams, talking with "God", no longer athiest (please read) [Re: HyperSpaceMaggot]
    #14226011 - 04/02/11 01:15 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

HyperSpaceMaggot said:
Like as if messages from the other dimensions are always literal. :rolleyes:

Blaspheme!

--------------------

InvisibleSobercolober
Tuft checker
 User Gallery

Loc: EU
Re: Mindblowing trip on 9 grams, talking with "God", no longer athiest (please read) [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #14226333 - 04/02/11 02:11 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

A thought that has often occurred to me is that we have reality and then we shroom reality. Both are experiences. There seems to be an interplay between what is seen externally and our response, it is one phenomena.

Both of these require an observer (or subject) and an environment, they are dependent on each other. As such there is a case for the altered perception to be as real as the baseline perception, because what is experienced internally is reliant on the environment and the environment would not be what we see it as without our consciousness.

Have I just written complete rubbish? I am open to that possibility.

Of course if there was an observer to a person in an altered state he could say "that picture is not wobbling". Just because it is not wobbling for one person does not mean it is not a personal consciousness reality for shroomer.

I am sure someone will come with a really good analogy and I will be shot down in flames. I am open to that too.

Edited by Sobercolober (04/02/11 02:24 PM)

OfflineAnthony917
why dont we do it in the road
 User Gallery

Re: Mindblowing trip on 9 grams, talking with "God", no longer athiest (please read) [Re: Sobercolober]
    #14226379 - 04/02/11 02:22 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I haven't read all the replies, but I agree with this OP

- There is NO meaning to life. There is absolutely no point to it. We are bound by logic in this universe of physical laws, and thus seek, logically, to define meaning. The beauty is that it is all about experiencing life, as it happens, through your senses.

- I have absolutely no fear of death now. I could die right now, and not be scared. However, I love living more than ever, it has taught me how precious every heart beat is, every breath, every tingle of the senses.

This is pretty much exactly what happened to me on my epic dose a couple months ago. :thumbup:
I think this is the ultimate teaching of psychedelics, and since then I have been much more content with life in general

--------------------
Prisoner#1 said: I got my ass kicked by a 9yo when I was 17
Trippin? Click Me

What is life? I'm tired of life...

InvisibleSobercolober
Tuft checker
 User Gallery

Loc: EU
Re: Mindblowing trip on 9 grams, talking with "God", no longer athiest (please read) [Re: Anthony917]
    #14226432 - 04/02/11 02:33 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

But there are other aspects to a human being than logic, reasoning etc.And it is here where the interesting stuff is and I like it and feel better for it.Anyone can say.... well we are all gonna be dead so it means nothing.What a contrived and inhuman thought, what is the goal of such reasoning?

What is the action that follows from concluding... there is no point.

Humans have co-operated that is why we are here and running tings.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order