Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ranch Dressing

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleLord_of_Fungus
The AlmightyLord & Master ofThe Universe

Future Flashbacks
    #1417539 - 03/30/03 12:32 AM (14 years, 20 hours ago)

I was on horseback riding through a vividly green dense forest...Everything was so clear...I remember thinking about letting out a primal scream, for no apparent reason, but just simply because. I didnt though. I just kept slowly riding the horse through the dirt path. The whole scene lasted about 5-10 seconds.

This is one of the most vivid images/scenes that I remembered in my head as a little child. I don't remember if it came from a dream, or just from "daydreaming".
But a few months or so afterwards, I went to a little summer camp, far out in the northern parts, where it was mostly beautiful rural forests and so on. We had a lot of activities there, mountain hiking, swimming, etc., and of course, horsebacking.

So when it came to the time that the whole group went horseback riding, which was actually in entirely different location, a ranch of some sort, that had horseback riding as one of its recreational services. So, we all got our own horse, and I think mine was a nice white/gray color...and one of the other things I also remember really well, was that there was this particular horse, that had only one eye, I guess it lost its other eye in some kind of accident. But seeing just a small gaping hole, with no eye, was very disturbing. I felt kind of sorry for it.

Anyways, as we were softly galloping through the path, through the forest, enjoying the scenery, I came to this one corner of the dirt path....and as the horse too me around the corner...it hit me like a freight train...Everything looked IDENTICAL to the exact same scene I had envisioned in my mind before. Exactly the same. But being at that age, I didnt think too deeply about it...I just sort of thought to myself "oh...wow...okay" and moved on.

This is just one of the MANY times that this has happened to me. I'm only mentioning this particular one because it was by far the most vivid and remarkable.
And I've talked to other people about this too, and I've had a lot of people share the exact same type of experiences...

So I would like for all you fellow Shroomerites to share some similar experiences, if any...I'm particularly interested in any "theories" any of you might have, regardless of how ridiculous it may sound.
Peace

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
Re: Future Flashbacks [Re: Lord_of_Fungus]
    #1417566 - 03/30/03 12:51 AM (14 years, 20 hours ago)

That type of the scenerio has never happened to me.. but I will share this.

Just last night I had a dream in which my good friend and I were "rewarded" a job for a huge corperation that happened to be a U.S. Navy contractor, and this job happened to be on a ship in Persian Gulf.

Now, my friend and I are both currently on Unemployment because we were laid off from our factory jobs on account of the crappy Bush economy.
So we're looking at these letters that say essentially that we've got these jobs and they're starting very soon, so we need to pack up and report to the local recruiting office for the next step.

The letters are still very vivid in my mind.
They mentioned nothing of combat, but considering the nature and location of the assignment my friend and I knew better.
It was like a sort of draft under the guise of employment that any regular Dumb American would gladly accept. 

"Hey they got me a job and I didn't even have to do anything!"

I said to my friend "We don't have to do this."
In my mind (in the dream) I knew we would have to prepare to fight in order to not take these jobs.

I hope this wasn't a "future flashback" as you put it.  :crazy: :wink:

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #1417583 - 03/30/03 01:07 AM (14 years, 19 hours ago)

Wow, yes I have had a quite similiar experience, and like you I had many more(some dreams,some not)the most vivid one was a dream that came true months later.

Could it be coincedence? maybe..I have looked for a logical explanation an found nothing.
I would say a "vision" could be one theory, but most of mine dont seem important.
Quote:

...I'm particularly interested in any "theories" any of you might have, regardless of how ridiculous it may sound.

heeehe..o.k.

So it would seem every physical object/event in space/time is indeed held within our 4 dimensions(including time)..
Lets say space is multi-texchured, or not smooth and uniform, having muti dimensions contained within our own dimensions(our I suppose you could see it the other way around) But at least in our physical sense they would seem distortions in space/time, and as far as we can tell we cant physically travel into them.
Now consider that earth and every thing on it being underthe 4 forces of our universe is traveling through "space" along with all other matter.
Yet percieve consciousness as the substance physical or other that our in our minds, so lets say this consciousness comes in contact with space-time pocket, and physically picture this pocket as a micro-inward spirallingish funnel, if you hit the edge would your consciousness be "slung into the future, or maybe only a possible future or past event (deja-vu). would your mind come back? is the consciousness capable of time travel? You have to admit the consciousness seems hard to call physical.

Anonymous

#1417598 - 03/30/03 01:17 AM (14 years, 19 hours ago)

I've only ever had one precognitive dream, but it was very vivid. The details were exactly the same when the event occurred. In my case though, I had the dream the night before the day it happened. This happened when I was a kid. I still remember one of my childhood friends saying that this sort of thing happened to him about once a month.  :shocked: I'd like to hear how the local S&P materialists would explain this phenomenon. 

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Future Flashbacks [Re: ]
    #1417624 - 03/30/03 01:36 AM (14 years, 19 hours ago)

ive had many dreams like this, they seem to happen more often too.

the earlyest dream i could remember of this type. One time about maybe 7 years ago. I was dreaming when a clown crashed two symbols together; at the same time my sister in the other room dropped a hairdryer that woke me up. i woke up thinking, how did my dream know that my sister was going to drop it, and wake me up.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

Loc: Lost in the Patterns
    #1417653 - 03/30/03 01:51 AM (14 years, 19 hours ago)

What I think: Your thoughts/dreams(thoughts while sleeping) have an amazing influence over your reality. I have experienced this first hand, but would rather not go into details. I've also found that you pretty much attract whatever you fear. Easiest solution: Realize there is no need to fear anything. Anyways I'll stop babbling... :grin: 

--------------------
need that cash to feed them jones.

OfflineAldous
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: inside my skull
Re: Future Flashbacks [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1418663 - 03/30/03 07:34 PM (14 years, 1 hour ago)

Nothing really crazy about that, knowing that dreams happen very fast. I've heard of a guy who dreamt he was living during the French revolution, and he was going to get beheaded. At the very moment the knife of the guillotine cut his head off, the frame that was hanging over his bed fell on his neck.

It's easy to imagine that the dream only lasts for a split second and starts at the exact moment you get the sensory impulse (frame falling, sound of hairdryer).

Just my ? 0.02.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1418948 - 03/30/03 11:28 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

deja vu?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleLord_of_Fungus
The AlmightyLord & Master ofThe Universe

#1624973 - 06/10/03 11:40 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I've noticed some of the threads here on the S&P Forum about Coincidences and such, so I figured I'd bump up this thread to add some fuel to the fire...

--------------------

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1625007 - 06/10/03 11:49 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

:grin:

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ranch Dressing

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology