Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Did I overreact? [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #14168747 - 03/23/11 08:28 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

I don't think he said that.

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCyclohexylamine
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
 User Gallery

Re: Did I overreact? [Re: Poid]
    #14168761 - 03/23/11 08:34 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Poid said:

Yeah he is implying that its the kids fault for being kicked out.

Quote:

Yes on both counts. For one people don't get kicked out of there elderly house for no reason. And if the parents refuse to give keys cause they don't trust him alone in the house, well then somethings definitely up ey? Don't have to be :tmckenna: to understand that.

Maybe in some situations but not all. In a lot of situations the parents of pieces of shit who deserve to be fed into a meat grinder.

--------------------
Yes this is tymo - I just changed my name

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?

There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K
Something abut that anaesthetic rush... :inlove:

Qualitative Research Chemical Effects and Experiences
The Wonderful World of Methoxetamine
The 3-Meo-PCP Chapters, Part One

Edited by Cyclohexylamine (03/23/11 08:42 AM)

Invisiblevirus1824
Mr Mushroom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #14168781 - 03/23/11 08:44 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

you certainly seem to know a a lot about me. So much even you have to put words in my mouth.

If i grow up even more i'd die or touch the clouds. I know enough of nice people that don't get keys or are allowed to be alone in there elderly house since they would take crap and sell it. since they are extremely poor.

Quote:

Quote:

In a lot of situations the parents of pieces of shit

You bitch on me for apparently giving the kid the blame but now you do the same on the parent :shrug:

Can't say who's in the fault. All i can say it wasn't santa. And like i said before, people don't get kicked out and get refused entry alone without reason.

You seem to react quite much to my response. Parent trouble kiddo? :rofl:

--------------------
A weekend wasted is never a wasted weekend

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14168788 - 03/23/11 08:46 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

tymoteusz3 said:
Quote:

Poid said:

So, that doesn't mean that he's saying that the kid is a bad person, as you suggested.

Quote:

tymoteusz3 said:
Quote:

Yes on both counts. For one people don't get kicked out of there elderly house for no reason. And if the parents refuse to give keys cause they don't trust him alone in the house, well then somethings definitely up ey? Don't have to be :tmckenna: to understand that.

Maybe in some situations but not all. In a lot of situations the parents of pieces of shit who deserve to be fed into a meat grinder.

And a lot of times the parent just wants to teach their kids a valuable lesson.

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisibleCyclohexylamine
 User Gallery

Re: Did I overreact? [Re: virus1824]
    #14168797 - 03/23/11 08:49 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Actually me and my parents have an awesome relationship, I couldn't ask for a better one.

However I have seen what some really shitty parents have done, and in one case, the death of their daughter. 
When you have seen and experienced what I have as I said, maybe you would think differently.

Like I said, in some cases its the kids but its not always the case, and in many cases the parents are at least partially or all to blame.

--------------------

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?

There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K

Invisiblevirus1824
Mr Mushroom
Male User Gallery

#14168823 - 03/23/11 08:56 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

hen you have seen and experienced what I have as I said, maybe you would think differently.

All i can say to that is someday i hope I'l grow, and have just as much life experience as you do. Seriously I'd use that wisdom and plant a big wisdom tree. Then I'd sit under it and say: "damn I'd wish all people could have the same life experience as tymoteusz3".

--------------------

InvisibleCyclohexylamine
 User Gallery

#14168827 - 03/23/11 08:57 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

virus1824 said:
Quote:

hen you have seen and experienced what I have as I said, maybe you would think differently.

All i can say to that is someday i hope I'l grow, and have just as much life experience as you do. Seriously I'd use that wisdom and plant a big wisdom tree. Then I'd sit under it and say: "damn I'd wish all people could have the same life experience as tymoteusz3".

:facepalm:

--------------------

Invisiblevirus1824
Mr Mushroom
Male User Gallery

#14168835 - 03/23/11 08:59 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Thats exactly what i thought. But i rephrased it in a nice sentence for you.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14168837 - 03/23/11 09:00 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

:lol::thumbup:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Did I overreact? [Re: Poid]
    #14168861 - 03/23/11 09:12 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

i thought the wisdom tree was very cute

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ă˜:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Did I overreact? [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #14168884 - 03/23/11 09:21 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

As did I. :datass:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisiblePhanodude
Sir

Loc: US of A Flag
Re: Did I overreact? [Re: thelivingfreekshow]
    #14168950 - 03/23/11 09:44 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

She actually gives a shit about you and wants to get you unstuck from stupid. She might have been being a bitch but she was keeping it 100 with you so maybe you need to get over your daddy issues and press on instead of letting the obstacles in your life run you.

Troll: I like turtles.

Offlinejustin340
Rock Star
Male User Gallery

Re: Did I overreact? [Re: Phanodude]
    #14169299 - 03/23/11 10:55 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

tegero ton los mistros con meiam con tmingo con twang dangloa .gocon meoogie con nestero con me gellino con ripotelian querrn con mestero con temp con jemp con jemperallo.co.datura.delnecief.com.nequenganglang. losando le empre nlo elvelvo con reandando in elnligh pr quando for englisind angland america con mestro son proper name of el escandado con mestrost arrivign in hetertho dia if he is un cheatador con pratoador con ajack herer con bong hitting pipe hittin it con mestro clbian con mushroom spingangdalda de shroomy shroom shroom quan por pretando. effela.

Offlinejustin340
Rock Star
Male User Gallery

Re: Did I overreact? [Re: justin340]
    #14169306 - 03/23/11 10:56 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

con me amusio con twando effera con mingy con twingy

--------------------
"Miracles will happen as we trip." Seal
"Born with insight and a raised fist...Action must be taken. We don't need the key we'll break in. rip the stage, rip the system I was born to rage against 'em. What? The land of the free? Whoever told you that is your enemy? I've got no patience now so sick of complacence now. know your enemy! Those who died are justified. we gotta take the power back! Some speak the sounds but speak in silent voices. transmissions bring submission. For Jesus blessed me with its future and I protect it with fire for it's the end of history. Sleep now in the fire! There's a right to obey and there's a right to kill. The jury's sleepless we found your weakness and it's right outside our door. Now testify." R.A.T.M

Offlinejustin340
Rock Star
Male User Gallery

#14169326 - 03/23/11 11:00 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

heffer de heffer own twang bangeler. sheeba con je je. twan a quanta. con yathn. com menguando.net.ne.ne.ne.godoa. com dofferiendo.

--------------------
"Born with insight and a raised fist...Action must be taken. We don't need the key we'll break in. rip the stage, rip the system I was born to rage against 'em. What? The land of the free? Whoever told you that is your enemy? I've got no patience now so sick of complacence now. know your enemy! Those who died are justified. we gotta take the power back! Some speak the sounds but speak in silent voices. transmissions bring submission. For Jesus blessed me with its future and I protect it with fire for it's the end of history. Sleep now in the fire! There's a right to obey and there's a right to kill. The jury's sleepless we found your weakness and it's right outside our door. Now testify." R.A.T.M

Offlinejustin340
Rock Star
Male User Gallery

#14169333 - 03/23/11 11:01 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

con want swang con banglar con paca for un fragilie. con menganjuantista con mengero con tridiental con mengeuendo.

--------------------

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Did I overreact? [Re: Phanodude]
    #14169388 - 03/23/11 11:12 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

To everyone giving the OP a hard time for "bitching" or "whining" or whatever, haven't you ever needed to vent to someone before?  I know how much it can hurt when a person who is supposed to care about and protect you uses you as a punching bag (although I was much younger then the OP).  Perhaps this is why I'm so willing to excuse - to a point - the more pedantic of the OP's comments in his conversation; my bias doesn't necessarily detract from my point, though.

I can virtually guarantee that practically anyone who knows me would say I'm the least "dramatic" person they know; getting worked up about petty things, screaming at people, and so on seems like a futile waste of effort to me and I often struggle to understand why some people seem to thrive on drama and are always finding some molehill to make into a mountain.

That said, I've been through some pretty difficult stuff before - who hasn't? - and having friends that I could talk to , get everything off my chest, and "vent" to when things were bad was invaluable.  The OP says the ex is supposedly a very close friend of his, and IMO close friends should be there to listen when you need to get something off your chest, just like you should be there for them.  Obviously, there's a limit to how much "venting" you can reasonably expect a friend to sit there and listen to, but don't give the guy a hard time or call him a drama queen because he had a bad day and really needed to get some stuff off his chest.  I am not saying that I think the OP was anything approaching a gentleman in this conversation, just that I think it's reasonable to cut him a little slack for being inartful with his words considering what we know about the situation he had been in and what he was experiencing at the time.

That said, it doesn't sound to me like this girl actually is a good friend.  She's an ex, one it sounds like the OP still has feelings for, which means the relationship is undoubtedly a complicated one.  She obviously was not the right person to talk to about this stuff. 

I'm not saying I would have gone about that conversation the way the OP did, but the stuff the ex said was pretty unacceptable IMO  - especially since it was spoken to a supposed friend who obviously was hurting and in need of a compassionate ear.  She easily could have just at the beginning said "hey, i'm sorry you're unhappy, but I'm busy (or had a bad day myself, or whatever) and really can't talk to you about this right now."  Passing judgment the way that she did, and the hypocritical stuff she said about the whole heroin thing, just isn't cool.

Even if the OP is like this all the time and this convo wasn't born from a relatively uncommon "needing to vent" emotional state, why would this girl choose to be his friend and talk to him at all?  I sense a good bit of insensitivity coming from her - at least, for someone who calls herself a friend.

All I'm really trying to say is that we all (or at least, the people I know) have had times in our lives when we've been distraught and leaned on/vented to a friend/family member; calling the OP a drama queen after reading one conversation isn't fair.  He very well may be an extremely dramatic person, but even if he is, anyone claiming to be his friend should know this and have a little compassion and understanding.  After all, it doesn't sound like the guy's life is all peaches and cream right now.

It's one thing to be 'annoying' or 'irritating'; it's quite another to be mean/hostile/hurtful.  If you don't like someone, don't string them along and pretend to be their friend and then turn venomous when they turn to you in need of a few kind words.  IMO, this girl is not your (the OP's) friend. 

Anyway, good luck with the shrink/meds/all that, and I hope the family situation gets better.  It can't hurt to keep reaching out and trying to mend things with your dad - my advice would just be to make sure that if you're angry or not in the best mood or find yourself about to say something ugly, hang up or walk away instead.  When you're consistently the 'bigger' person, especially when you're dealing with parents (who are supposed to be the more 'mature' ones), it becomes very difficult for them to give you a hard time - or scream and yell - without looking like a jerk, especially if there are other people around.  I don't envy your situation, but it's not like it's hopeless, so rather than succumbing to bitterness, let it make you a better and stronger and more worldly human being.

Quote:

LloydChristmas said:
I don't know what to tell you, sounds like a crappy situation.  One thing I have learned, never have a serious conversation over texts.  Body language and inflection are important in these types of discussions.

This is absolutely the truth.  Important conversations should always be held in person.  This brings to mind people who break up with their boyfriend or girlfriend by leaving a voicemail, or sending a text message or IM, or even over a phone call.  Whenever I've broken up with someone I've done it in person; when I broke up with someone I was with for a long time (year and a half or so), I called to say I needed to talk to him and to find out if I could come over.  I drove there (45 minute drive, too), we talked at great length, we cried together, and when he asked if I would stay the night because he was a wreck, I did. 

I think with long-distance communication having become so easy, many people are losing the appreciation for face-to-face conversation, and don't seem to realize how little respect (and how much cowardice) that it shows when you break up, for example, over some electronic medium rather than face to face.

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

Edited by the spiral (03/23/11 12:26 PM)

Offlineslakethythirst
Stranger
Male

Re: Did I overreact? [Re: the spiral]
    #14169553 - 03/23/11 11:52 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

To the OP

you sound like an overemotional teenage girl.  stop being such a baby and overly flaunting your enormous emotional problems.  you say hi to each other and within seconds youre bitching on and on about your problems in such an attention-seeker way.  thats why she got so annoyed with you, you sound like a bitch

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Did I overreact? [Re: the spiral]
    #14169595 - 03/23/11 12:00 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

tl;dr:crazybeard:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlineamilibertine
It’s good to be back!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northern South Midwest
    #14169664 - 03/23/11 12:12 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

tymoteusz3 said:
Like I said, in some cases its the kids but its not always the case, and in many cases the parents are at least partially or all to blame.

This is true a lot of the time I think, especially in the cases of drug addict children who most of the time grew up watching their parents get fucked up and emulated them. 

Not always the case but I bet I would have had a different perspective if I didn't grow up with drugs and alcohol in my face constantly.

Glad my mom got her shit together, she's been clean for 6 years now and we have a great relationship.  Drugs suck sometimes.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag