Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Paul Stamets, pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebigj2
journeyman
Dense Yield Strains
    #1416398 - 03/29/03 02:47 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

What are some really heavy yielding cubensis strains??? I've grown before and will grow again. I like 60/40 straw and dung cased bulk substrates. I know most do good but I want some dense crops. Anybody have a say?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Dense Yield Strains [Re: bigj2]
    #1416513 - 03/29/03 05:41 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

EQs, SAs, GTs

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineApocolypse
Stoner
Loc: Central US
Re: Dense Yield Strains [Re: Magash]
    #1416574 - 03/29/03 07:56 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Umm, just wanted to point out this is about the third or fourth thread related to this topic posted in the last week.

--------------------
-All pictures and associated text featured in any posts of mine are the sole property of Batman who flies by my window in the morning, he asked me to post it online for him and so I do-

OfflineApocolypse
Stoner
Loc: Central US
Re: Dense Yield Strains [Re: Apocolypse]
    #1416580 - 03/29/03 08:08 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

bigj2, As I was reading through the forums after responding to this thread on page one, I noticed all of the threads that I was referring to in my first post all come from you! Why don't you read the FAQ and the forums, before you start 5 threads in 3 pages, all asking either about a potency of a strain, or the benefits of casing.

Heres the benefits of casing, took exactly 4 mouse clicks from the musroom cultivation page, I bet thats the same # of clicks it took you to post the thread.

Apoc

Why case? Why not?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The casing layer serves 4 purposes:

1.) To protect the colonized substrate from drying out.
2.) To provide a humid microclimate for primordia formation and development.
3.) To provide a water reservoir for the maturing mushrooms.
4.) To support the growth of fructification enhancing microorganisms.
(TMC, p 128 -129)

The 1st(main) 3 elements all are ancillary manifestations to the substrate's requirement for water. Mushrooms are 90% water, and casing not only provides water, but seals it in and actually helps make the casing produce moisture on its own. Casing has gained a reputation for being "hard" for beginners, unfortunately. It is actually just one more step after the birth of the PF jars - the "crumble and case" step.

Newbies fear casing for a few reasons, none of which are flippant:
1.) Casings add another vector of possible contamination (several within the steps) as compared to PF and cakes.
2.) Casings require additional steps, which are not necessary to produce fruit.
3.) Casings put "all of your eggs in one basket" - casing containers often contain anywhere from 1 to 6 PF style cakes. If one casing is lost, the equivalent in PF cakes (and their productivity) is lost.
4.) Casings require more attention to the RH (relative humidity) than cakes do. Casings require alternating humidity levels, 95 -100% at the pinning stage, and around 90% at the fruiting stage, while cakes can remain and produce well at a stable 95% RH.

Casings can be better than straight cakes because:
1.) They produce larger flushes, both in terms of the size, weight, and gross/net harvest.
2.) They give the hobbyist a better understanding of the mushroom life cycle. Not only for psilocybes, but learning the basic life cycle can introduce the new hobbyist into the world of gourmet and medicinal mushrooms.
3.) Casings are often a "stepping -stone" into further, more discreet and sophisticated methods of mushroom production.

--------------------
-All pictures and associated text featured in any posts of mine are the sole property of Batman who flies by my window in the morning, he asked me to post it online for him and so I do-

Offlinebigj2
journeyman
Re: Dense Yield Strains [Re: Apocolypse]
    #1418501 - 03/30/03 05:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I actually asked in my other post if casing increased first flush yieds significangtly. I know it allows for good second and third flushes and I knew all of the purposes served you listed. THIS post was asking about individual strains that grow particuarly dense. Big difference. I havent read anything in the faq's that talk about characteristics of different strains. thanks

Offlinebigj2
journeyman
    #1425071 - 04/03/03 02:36 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

EQ's sound good. Thanks for your help Magash. YOU guys have helped me alot. And Apocolypse.....no need to be so cocky. I know it's easy to pick on newbies like me (less than 30 posts), but I am actually very educated and HAVE read the FAQs and TEKs. I'm not too familiar with different strains so I feel I asked a legitiment quaestion. If you have problems with my posts, please send me a PM rather than a public staetement and it will be much more accepted. Thanks

Edited by bigj2 (04/03/03 02:47 AM)

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BurgerTime, Space Invaders
Trusted Cultivator
    #1425135 - 04/03/03 02:57 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

cambodian are very dense cubs.
fast too.

at least thats what kramer says

--------------------

Quote:

pftek said:Impossible to clean everything right now. Maybe in a week.

ROTHBURY

:pm:

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #1425685 - 04/03/03 10:52 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Treasure Coast and Thai Lipa Yai yeild very heavily...

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1425746 - 04/03/03 11:39 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

PESA's fruit very heavily , they are a smaller species , but produce very well !

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
    #1426164 - 04/03/03 02:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

IMHO..... it is not so much the strain, as it is the quality of the spawn, consistancy, nutrient & moisture level of the substrate, optimal casing mixture (pH balanced)optimal colonization & fruituing conditions.

A dude sent my foaf a print off a strain that he said pinned sparingly & fruited poorly. Same strain with differing spawn, substrate, casing layer pinned & fruited like bunches of grapes on a good healthy california vine.

6T (aka Mycota)

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Paul Stamets, pH Test Strips

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation