Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineasdfasdf

Anastomosis
    #14161765 - 03/22/11 12:02 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

So I have recently started agar work, and have been reading about anastomosis.  I want to make sure I understand.  Anastomosis is the joining of dikaryotic mycelium, the joining of different strains.  I imagine each strain being represented by a lump of clay, and all the lumps being mashed together into one, making it impossible to get back the separate lumps.  Is this how it works?  Or do they just sit next to each other, working as one, but still possible to separate?

1.  So, lets say I've done some agar work and narrowed it down to 10 different strains on a petri dish, and I want to isolate all of them to separate petri dishes.  If anastomosis has occurred, it means I cannot do this right?  There are not ten different strains anymore to isolate, correct?  No matter where I take from the petri, it will be the same?  So I guess my question is, what does joining really mean?  Are they inseparable?

2.  Every time I read about anastomosis, I read that it will "eventually" happen.  What does eventually mean?  I want to know this because I want to avoid it (depending on the answer to question 1) and need to know how far I can grow my petris out.  Like, to what diameter.  I realize I have asked the same question in many ways.  I want to make sure as many people as possible understand, and there is no confusion about what I'm asking.  Thanks.

--------------------
"FlexXx said:
To answer some of your questions...If by "ms" you mean "magic shrooms" then yes that's what I'm trying to grow"

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: upstate NY, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Anastomosis [Re: asdfasdf]
    #14163395 - 03/22/11 09:32 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

As long as you see sectors, the strains are still separate.  Not all are compatible, so not all will join a common network.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder