Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: Al-Jazeera Web Site Hacked, U.S. Flag Placed on Homepage [Re: Murex]
    #1414983 - 03/27/03 04:19 PM (21 years, 6 days ago)

So do you or do you not remember the defense department saying that they had lost no POW's until footage of them was aired on Al-Jazeera?

It was Sunday morning between 10-12:00pm EST.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Al-Jazeera Web Site Hacked, U.S. Flag Placed on Homepage [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #1414992 - 03/27/03 04:22 PM (21 years, 6 days ago)

If you think I am closed minded because I don't believe in your conspiracy theroies, then you are silly.

"So do you or do you not remember the defense department saying that they had lost no POW's until footage of them was aired on Al-Jazeera?"

I don't remember. I don't watch Al-Jazerra and I don't know when the footage was aired.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

#1414999 - 03/27/03 04:23 PM (21 years, 6 days ago)

I just told you when...

Wow, so you aren't even paying attention to the war at all, no wonder you don't have a clue.

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #1415003 - 03/27/03 04:25 PM (21 years, 6 days ago)

Let me ask you a stupid question, why do you support war in Iraq?

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1415005 - 03/27/03 04:26 PM (21 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

You are close minded if you keep hiding your webs of conspiracy that don't exist. And right now you two are feeding off each other- that's not a good sign. No wonder you are anti-war.

WTF are you talking about when you say my "webs of conpiracy"? You mean like the fact that news reporters sign a document to let the military censor their footage? It's common knowledge.

Quote:

BTW my reply was what I wrote- You gave me an opinion on how you think it effected things. I disagree with the way it effects things (I believe the effects are different). That's all that I can say.

But you didn't explain why you disagree.

Quote:

If you think I am closed minded because I don't believe in your conspiracy theroies, then you are silly.

I think you're close-minded because you dismiss opposing viewpoints without even considering them, even for the sake of rebuttal.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Edited by silversoul7 (03/27/03 04:29 PM)

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Re: Al-Jazeera Web Site Hacked, U.S. Flag Placed on Homepage [Re: silversoul7]
    #1415009 - 03/27/03 04:27 PM (21 years, 6 days ago)

Forget this turkey, he's cooked.

--------------------

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

#1415015 - 03/27/03 04:30 PM (21 years, 6 days ago)

Forgive me, I am extremely tired right now and I've been meaning to get off this board and go to sleep, bu then I get sucked into this. I'll post back to you tommorow.

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Re: Al-Jazeera Web Site Hacked, U.S. Flag Placed on Homepage [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1415025 - 03/27/03 04:36 PM (21 years, 6 days ago)

Let me ask you a stupid question, why do you support war in Iraq?

I think Saddam deserves to be taken from power and this threat of possable terrorism and bio-chem weapons is dangerous if he stays in power a few more years. I'm not pro Bush however, I think he sucks at speaches and the ways he doez stuff is just silly sometimes. I wasn't supporting this war until the war started really. I think we should have just bombed Iraq, not invaded. Maybe incite a coup or whatever with a Psy-war.

I donno know now......I said know? Now iz what I meant.  :crazy:

Time for slllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppppppppppyyyyyyy..............zzzz

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

#1415034 - 03/27/03 04:40 PM (21 years, 6 days ago)

>I donno know now......

A crack?

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1415755 - 03/27/03 10:54 PM (21 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Plus they find stuff out that you don't like hearing

no, they find stuff that is false..pay attention.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Al-Jazeera Web Site Hacked, U.S. Flag Placed on Homepage [Re: rhizo]
    #1415762 - 03/27/03 11:03 PM (21 years, 6 days ago)

Al-Jazeera is a joke and you have to be brain dead NOT to see it.

Quote:

"Rhizo, the only way to get some type of grip on current events is to watch information coming from BOTH sides. You'll find some truth (albeit a tiny bit) in the middle.

Great cop-out. The only way to get a grip on current events is to use your head and common sense.

Quote:

It may also be a good idea to ingest some mushrooms and realize how ridiculous this all is in the first place"

Mushrooms don't make you smarter or less gullable.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinegrib
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Here and there
Re: Al-Jazeera Web Site Hacked, U.S. Flag Placed on Homepage [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1415796 - 03/28/03 08:08 AM (21 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

good, I'm glad. Anyone who actually takes that media source as fact needs to consider whether or not they are a good candidate for a lobotomy.

I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it. (attributed to Voltaire) from 'Friends of Voltaire' 1906

Fact, fiction or propaganda they should have a right to say what they like. We have a similar channel in the United States; it's called CNN.

--------------------
<~>Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake <~>

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Al-Jazeera Web Site Hacked, U.S. Flag Placed on Homepage [Re: grib]
    #1415799 - 03/28/03 08:16 AM (21 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Fact, fiction or propaganda they should have a right to say what they like.

I agree totally, no matter how many lies they spread, however as a devil's advocate, so do the hackers and the military.

Quote:

We have a similar channel in the United States; it's called CNN.

like i said before, they are slanted HUGELY to the left and i would argue that they don't flat out lie about reports. They use sloppy reporting, Slant their views but not report things that have not happened.

People have the right to say what they want but at the same time so do we.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinegrib
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Here and there
    #1415813 - 03/28/03 08:37 AM (21 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

...and the military.

I disagree. The military is a government organisation and they should not issue opinion's.

--------------------
<~>Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake <~>

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Re: Al-Jazeera Web Site Hacked, U.S. Flag Placed on Homepage [Re: grib]
    #1415821 - 03/28/03 08:46 AM (21 years, 6 days ago)

Come on Inny, you read this whole post and the best you can come up with is "Al-Jazeera lies!"

It isn't obvious to you that they were taken out by the US because they were broadcasting footage of the war that the US deems unacceptable?

Also, how did you arrive at this opinion that Al-Jazeera is an unreliable news source?

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1415866 - 03/28/03 09:47 AM (21 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Come on Inny, you read this whole post and the best you can come up with is "Al-Jazeera lies!"

It'e preety much all that needs to be said. I would take it a step further and state that they not only lie but do not report on reality itself. If you want to use them as a source feel free, i have a brain and common sense so i'll abstain.

Quote:

It isn't obvious to you that they were taken out by the US because they were broadcasting footage of the war that the US deems unacceptable?

Actually it was taken out because the regime was broadcasting military orders over the airwaves making it a legitamate target. Either way i'm happy.

Quote:

Also, how did you arrive at this opinion that Al-Jazeera is an unreliable news source?

when they report that we are torturing prisoners and targeting civilians...I can't believe you even have to ask.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

#1415876 - 03/28/03 09:58 AM (21 years, 6 days ago)

Wait a minute...you find it hard to believe that we are torturing prisoners? Why? We do it to the enemy combatants all the time in Cuba, so why would we change that practice now?

And we are also targeting civilians. We bombed an apartment building on Tuesday, killing 15 and injuring 50 others, according to the UAE's television channel. On CNN we called it a "market", but unlike the US media, the Arab media is allowed in Baghdad, so I'll take the word of an eyewitness over the word of a defense department that blames the Iraqis for bombing their own city and for bombing Iranian oil depots.

That is just one example of targetting civilians. The defense department has been denying all week that we are targetting civilians, claiming that these so-called civilians are "soldiers in civilian clothing".

>Actually it was taken out because the regime was broadcasting military orders over the airwaves making it a legitamate target. Either way i'm happy

The Iraqi regime was broadcasting military orders over Quater's tv station? Haven't they heard of radios? Are Iraqi troops aremed only with Sony Watchman units?

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #1415888 - 03/28/03 10:21 AM (21 years, 6 days ago)

Senor_Doobie writes:

And we are also targeting civilians.

Incorrect. Proof, please? Bombs go astray from time to time. That does not mean that civilians are being targetted. Do you really think that not a single Iraqi missile, mortar round, tank shell, or AK47 round has hit a civilian ?

We bombed an apartment building on Tuesday, killing 15 and injuring 50 others, according to the UAE's television channel.

You have no way of knowing whether that was an American bomb or an Iraqi SAM that missed its target and fell on the building and exploded. You also have know way of knowing whether or not the building was deliberately blown up by Iraqi sappers in the hopes of embarassing the US.

Even presuming it was an American bomb, you have no way of knowing whether it hit its intended target, or had a guidance system malfunction and went astray.

On CNN we called it a "market", but unlike the US media, the Arab media is allowed in Baghdad...

So the only reports we have out of Baghdad are from pro-Saddam reporters. This doesn't offend your sense of impartiality?

...so I'll take the word of an eyewitness over the word of a defense department that blames the Iraqis for bombing their own city and for bombing Iranian oil depots.

And the eyewitness was able to identify from its color or general configuration in the split second it was in view before it exploded that it was an American bomb? Uh huh.

The defense department has been denying all week that we are targetting civilians... claiming that these so-called civilians are "soldiers in civilian clothing".

And what exactly is the purpose of targetting civilians? What military, operational, and/or political benefit does the US gain by wasting its time deliberately killing civilians?

...claiming that these so-called civilians are "soldiers in civilian clothing".

As for Iraqi soldiers shedding their uniforms and disguising themselves as civilians in order to fight with less restrictions, what on earth makes you so convinced that Iraqis would never use such tactics? The Viet Namese certainly did.

Look, I understand that people should be skeptical of some of the reports coming out of the conflict. There have been inaccurate reports (on both sides) from the very beginning. But you are not ehibiting skepticism, here. You are swallowing hook line and sinker the Iraqi version of reality, which is every bit as foolish (mpre foolish, I say, since there is no independent journalistic presence on the scene in Baghdad) as swallowing uncritically the pentagon's version.

pinky

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Al-Jazeera Web Site Hacked, U.S. Flag Placed on Homepage [Re: Phred]
    #1415890 - 03/28/03 10:23 AM (21 years, 6 days ago)

Damn! I can't edit my typos because the time for editing has expired already. Bummer.

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1415896 - 03/28/03 10:33 AM (21 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

We do it to the enemy combatants all the time in Cuba, so why would we change that practice now?

That's bullshit, so you're saying we are torturing, killing and violating them? I'd like to see a case where this has happened.

Quote:

And we are also targeting civilians. We bombed an apartment building on Tuesday, killing 15 and injuring 50 others, according to the UAE's television channel.

More BS, quit listening to Al-Jazeera. It is not in the doctrine of the US military to purposly target civilians. Where did you find this out that we do. I'd like to see an example of where we have done this.

Quote:

On CNN we called it a "market"

reports show that it wasn't the cruise missle that was blamed because of the crater made. I'll wait and see but YOU have no idea who or what caused that.

Quote:

but unlike the US media, the Arab media is allowed in Baghdad, so I'll take the word of an eyewitness over the word of a defense department that blames the Iraqis for bombing their own city and for bombing Iranian oil depots.

It's your choice and you have that right i guess. It's BS but i would expect anything else i suppose.

Quote:

That is just one example of targetting civilians. The defense department has been denying all week that we are targetting civilians, claiming that these so-called civilians are "soldiers in civilian clothing".

It is becomming more apparant that you as well as others base you're percieved news on your hatred towards Bush and not the facts that are presented.

Quote:

The Iraqi regime was broadcasting military orders over Quater's tv station?

No the TV station in Baghdad.

Quote:

Haven't they heard of radios?

the radio station was hi-jacked a while ago, but i don't see the point of bringing this up.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract