Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Tempeh -- "Rhizopus oligosporus "
    #1415783 - 03/27/03 11:44 PM (21 years, 6 days ago)

Anybody here tried their hand at Tempeh?

I got some dry powdered starter from mushroompeople when I was there for the harvest festival a few years ago.

I never did anything with it, but I did eat some that I got from the summertown commune.

It was O.K. but not great or anything.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offliner05c03
The Slug Scourge
Loc: Indiana, US
Re: Tempeh -- "Rhizopus oligosporus " [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1415787 - 03/27/03 11:55 PM (21 years, 6 days ago)

You mean growing it, or eating it. I have had it a few times. As far as growing it is not a basidiomycete, I think it is a zygomycete, the same order as Pilobus, that fungus that grows on cow shit and shoots off a spore packets in the direction of the sun using enormous tugor pressure.

--------------------
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offliner05c03
The Slug Scourge
Re: Tempeh -- "Rhizopus oligosporus " [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1416163 - 03/28/03 07:44 PM (21 years, 5 days ago)

Now that I think about it, I think that tempeh is actually textured soy protien that has been fermented and enzymatically altered by R. oligosporus. Iz'nt zhat vierd?

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Tempeh -- [Re: r05c03]
    #1416351 - 03/28/03 11:43 PM (21 years, 5 days ago)

It's soybeans, and sometimes grains sprinkled with some white powder that grows and mattes it together into one solid mass.

I'm pretty sure it's a fungus.

I meant growing it. I had a packet of starter once, but I never did anything with it.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offliner05c03
The Slug Scourge
Re: Tempeh -- [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1416592 - 03/29/03 07:02 AM (21 years, 5 days ago)

Tempeh is OK, either way. The fungus is not very fun to grow, zygomycetes are a lower, aseptate fungus. They do not produce fruit bodies. They grow quite quickly and can get fluffy that they lift the top of you petri lid off and get their fucking spores all over the place. They more of a nuisance to the mushroom grower than anything else.

--------------------

OfflineNoLogos
Loc: South US
Re: Tempeh -- [Re: r05c03]
    #1420539 - 03/31/03 09:15 PM (21 years, 2 days ago)

I like tempeh! It is best sauteed in a bit of oil and soy sauce until brown. Growing it isn't hard, if my memory serves--it needs warm temps and acidified soybeans or acidified soybeans and grain. It grows really really quickly! I think the temps need to be around 30 C.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags