Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinevisionstream
Psychonaught

When is going overboard of psychedelics?
    #14153101 - 03/20/11 10:41 AM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Sup guys. Love this site.
My psychedelic experiences started when I was about 16, doing Salvia (as my first mind altering experience ((even before drinking)) ). I did salvia about 15 times over the years but eventually quit because of a terrible trip on a high dose.
My return to psychedelics would happen early this year, 2011, with mushrooms. Took some with a friend, saw pretty colors and felt nice...thats about it.
I wanted to try it again so I did and still the visuals weren't more than colors but I did feel extremely at peace with the world and got the sense of one-ness. I was intrigued by this and my next trip was a high dose...3.2gs (it may be worth mentioning that I was in a park around nature the whole time).
This is one of the top experiences of my life (having all of the typical effects like breathing plants, seeming like plants and all life was 'aware' and seeing the universe behind my eyes) but I felt weird the following days. I guess I could say I didn't feel as part of reality as I used to. A lot of friends of mine caught me staring at the ground in deep thought with a disturbed look on my face quite frequently after this asking "are you ok man?". I'm talking weeks afterword. During this time though I didn't feel disturbed. It was more like a meditative experience for me.
Since then I have done a moderate dose (2.5gs) twice, looking for more answers as I have been truly spiritually intrigued. I have been researching shamanism...etc.
I have yet to be scared for more than a few minutes on shrooms but the idea of a bad trip keeps lingering in my mind, making me wonder if I am going overboard having done shrooms 5 times in only 3 months. I am, however having seemingly other worldly thoughts often, especially after consuming cannabis. Maybe its a leap to say but I feel like I have flashbacks nearly every day. Not visual distortions but the view of seeing earth's life as an alien life form that doesn't quite make sense any more. Humans look weird to me now. I can't understand why trees look the way they do. I feel that this may just be over analysis. But seeing as I consume cannabis daily there always seems to be some kind of shroom-feeling that arises sometime in the high, sometimes causing anxiety and pressure on my chest.
Is looking forward to the next trip a sign of something bad? Is this normal? Should I take a break for a while? What are your guys' thoughts on this?
Thanks so much.

--------------------
I believe in art and creation. I live for captivating mystical moments throughout my own journeys and sharing them with you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: When is going overboard of psychedelics? [Re: visionstream]
    #14153168 - 03/20/11 11:01 AM (13 years, 12 days ago)

I can give you my experience with psychedelics.  When I first started tripping, I believed these drugs gave me access to alternate realities such as the subatomic world, the lives of plants, cosmic consciousness, the experience of infinity, glimpses of life after death, life before death, life beyond life and Buddhist type enlightenment.  I was convinced that these drugs were vital to understanding the universe and my place in it.  I couldn't understand how governments weren't actively studying these drugs, why scientists generally ignored them, and why DMT wasn't a monetary currency in the world market.  I'd spend much of my sober time trying to unravel the mysteries of the experience, studying my notes, listening to my audio-recordings of my trips, reading psychedelic literature, and participating in forums with like-minded thinkers.

Finally I arrived at an epiphany, probably the most powerful idea I'd ever encountered.  The experience is bullshit.  There is nothing substantive there, nothing that can deepen any understanding of anything.  This shit just confuses and obscures and points in random directions.  None of the existential questions that I have can ever be answered, have ever been answered, nor will be answered during my stay on earth.

These drugs are jerking off and masturbation.  Treating them as anything more than that was bad for my mental health.

Of course, your experience and interpretation may differ dramatically from mine and I hope you find peace.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

OfflineValafar
Striking for the gentle
Male

Loc: Vermont/Maine
    #14153227 - 03/20/11 11:10 AM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Sound pretty normal to me, after using psychedelics a good amount I get little flash backs like that in day to day life, things just looking sort of weird and I stare at them for a bit lol. I enjoy them but if they ever get overwhelming or annoying just take a break for a month or 2, seems to get rid of them completely. I tend to trip 3 or 4 times a month and I find that smoking weed always freaks me out a bit if I have been tripping hard multiple times in the recent few months so I would not call that un-normal either.
Just gauge it by how you feel dude, a friend of mine was tripping very large amounts of lsd every week for a few months and the little flashback like your getting turned into him stopping and staring at things for 10-20 minuets and he was starting to get a bit freaked out so he stop and after about a month of not tripping he was completely fine again.
All seem to be good dude :smile: Just remember to trip responsibly in a good setting with good people and your trips should continue to be good, you may have a bad trip at some point but instead of being scared of it or taking it as a bad thing take it as a learning experience.
Peace and good vibes my friend,
-Lewis

--------------------
"Tolling for the searching ones, on their speechless, seeking trail
For the lonesome-hearted lovers with too personal a tale
And for each unharmful, gentle soul misplaced inside a jail
And we gazed upon the chimes of freedom flashing"

OfflineR2-D2
horseradish
Male User Gallery

Re: When is going overboard of psychedelics? [Re: Valafar]
    #14153259 - 03/20/11 11:17 AM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Humans only look as "weird" as you make them look.
Trees look like growth to me, as you can see them reaching ever upwards, always stretching up and out.
Chill out on the thinking, maybe.

--------------------

Offlinevisionstream
Psychonaught

Re: When is going overboard of psychedelics? [Re: joemolloy]
    #14153280 - 03/20/11 11:21 AM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
I can give you my experience with psychedelics.  When I first started tripping, I believed these drugs gave me access to alternate realities such as the subatomic world, the lives of plants, cosmic consciousness, the experience of infinity, glimpses of life after death, life before death, life beyond life and Buddhist type enlightenment.  I was convinced that these drugs were vital to understanding the universe and my place in it.  I couldn't understand how governments weren't actively studying these drugs, why scientists generally ignored them, and why DMT wasn't a monetary currency in the world market.  I'd spend much of my sober time trying to unravel the mysteries of the experience, studying my notes, listening to my audio-recordings of my trips, reading psychedelic literature, and participating in forums with like-minded thinkers.

Finally I arrived at an epiphany, probably the most powerful idea I'd ever encountered.  The experience is bullshit.  There is nothing substantive there, nothing that can deepen any understanding of anything.  This shit just confuses and obscures and points in random directions.  None of the existential questions that I have can ever be answered, have ever been answered, nor will be answered during my stay on earth.

These drugs are jerking off and masturbation.  Treating them as anything more than that was bad for my mental health.

Of course, your experience and interpretation may differ dramatically from mine and I hope you find peace.

I see your point of view, but beg to differ at the same time.
Each person creates their own reality and everyone reality differs from one another even if its only about 1 opinion on a small subject.
If these chemicals can show me that the human-culture and greed oriented perception is not the only one then I think there is more to learn. I don't think I will find all the answers either. The mind is as vast or more vast and just as in-understandable as the external universe. I see what your saying but I don't think that the typical human celebrity worshiping, money driven culture is what humans truly want. I think love is a powerful force and psychedelics offer a few things we can learn from, no?

--------------------
I believe in art and creation. I live for captivating mystical moments throughout my own journeys and sharing them with you.

OfflineShroomerited
Male User Gallery

#14153285 - 03/20/11 11:22 AM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:

I HAVE learned a lot from the use of psychedelics. None of the bullshit you were talking about, though.

Plus they're just fun.

You gotta use your brain AFTER the trip to figure out "was that bullshit?".

One thing I learned after my first trip. On the comedown of my first trip (on 5 grams), I was on the ground looking up at this tree. I was having a great time. I was looking up and I started to feel like I was a baby in a crib and the whole world was looking down on me. Everything was bigger than me. I didn't feel scared, it just was what it was.

It took me AWHILE to figure what the fuck that was about. I figured it out. I had a VERY weird childhood. Pretty much I never had any interaction with anyone my own age until I was 11 years old; which permanently altered how I saw the world. I am so used to seeing everyone as a superior/older/wiser/smarter. I automatically surrender dominance as a result. I have a hard time seeing anyone as a peer.

I've been trying to change that, which I think I have.

Offlinevisionstream
Psychonaught

Re: When is going overboard of psychedelics? [Re: Valafar]
    #14153292 - 03/20/11 11:23 AM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Valafar said:
Sound pretty normal to me, after using psychedelics a good amount I get little flash backs like that in day to day life, things just looking sort of weird and I stare at them for a bit lol. I enjoy them but if they ever get overwhelming or annoying just take a break for a month or 2, seems to get rid of them completely. I tend to trip 3 or 4 times a month and I find that smoking weed always freaks me out a bit if I have been tripping hard multiple times in the recent few months so I would not call that un-normal either.
Just gauge it by how you feel dude, a friend of mine was tripping very large amounts of lsd every week for a few months and the little flashback like your getting turned into him stopping and staring at things for 10-20 minuets and he was starting to get a bit freaked out so he stop and after about a month of not tripping he was completely fine again.
All seem to be good dude :smile: Just remember to trip responsibly in a good setting with good people and your trips should continue to be good, you may have a bad trip at some point but instead of being scared of it or taking it as a bad thing take it as a learning experience.
Peace and good vibes my friend,
-Lewis

Thanks man, this makes me feel better. I am also thinking of taking a small break from cannabis to start to get a little back to normal and to be able to appreciate cannabis again as I did the first time I used it.

--------------------

Offlinevisionstream
Psychonaught

Re: When is going overboard of psychedelics? [Re: Shroomerited]
    #14153303 - 03/20/11 11:26 AM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Shroomerited said:
Quote:

joemolloy said:

I HAVE learned a lot from the use of psychedelics. None of the bullshit you were talking about, though.

Plus they're just fun.

You gotta use your brain AFTER the trip to figure out "was that bullshit?".

One thing I learned after my first trip. On the comedown of my first trip (on 5 grams), I was on the ground looking up at this tree. I was having a great time. I was looking up and I started to feel like I was a baby in a crib and the whole world was looking down on me. Everything was bigger than me. I didn't feel scared, it just was what it was.

It took me AWHILE to figure what the fuck that was about. I figured it out. I had a VERY weird childhood. Pretty much I never had any interaction with anyone my own age until I was 11 years old; which permanently altered how I saw the world. I am so used to seeing everyone as a superior/older/wiser/smarter. I automatically surrender dominance as a result. I have a hard time seeing anyone as a peer.

I've been trying to change that, which I think I have.

Aha! So you seem to think that shrooms work in symbolic ways and that everything experienced was already part of your memories and thus not showing you anything new, as perhaps I feel I have seen?
They do work differently for everyone. I would like to see other people's comments on this.

Do psychedelics offer anything of their own or do they merely connect memories in your head to show you what you already know, in a new light?

--------------------

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

#14153325 - 03/20/11 11:31 AM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Each person creates their own reality and everyone reality differs from one another even if its only about 1 opinion on a small subject.
If these chemicals can show me that the human-culture and greed oriented perception is not the only one then I think there is more to learn. I don't think I will find all the answers either. The mind is as vast or more vast and just as in-understandable as the external universe. I see what your saying but I don't think that the typical human celebrity worshiping, money driven culture is what humans truly want. I think love is a powerful force and psychedelics offer a few things we can learn from, no?

Yes, but you are forgetting something very important.  All of those criticisms you have about modern, western, capitalist culture can be articulated and understood without psychedelics.  Do you really need shrooms to realize how fucked up this culture is? I don't.  These drugs have never shown me anything that I did not already know.

@Shroomerited - Have confidence in yourself.  Your psychedelic "psychoanalytic" moment was already part of you.  You didn't need to trip to realize that aspect of yourself.  It's like people thanking Jesus and giving credit to God when they achieve something.  Fuck that.  I will never credit to God or a mushroom for something I am responsible for.  It's disempowering to do so.

Take these drugs off the pedestal and put yourself on that pedestal.  Empower yourself, don't become a slave to it.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

OfflineShroomerited
Male User Gallery

#14153359 - 03/20/11 11:39 AM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

@Shroomerited - Have confidence in yourself.  Your psychedelic "psychoanalytic" moment was already part of you.  You didn't need to trip to realize that aspect of yourself.  It's like people thanking Jesus and giving credit to God when they achieve something.  Fuck that.  I will never credit to God or a mushroom for something I am responsible for.  It's disempowering to do so.

Take these drugs off the pedestal and put yourself on that pedestal.  Empower yourself, don't become a slave to it.

I actually don't trip anymore. I don't care if I could have learned it another way, I learned it through the trip. Also I rolled around, laughing my ass off in euphoria.

I just had a good time.

OfflineAnthony917
why dont we do it in the road
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #14153379 - 03/20/11 11:43 AM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:

Yes, but you are forgetting something very important.  All of those criticisms you have about modern, western, capitalist culture can be articulated and understood without psychedelics.  Do you really need shrooms to realize how fucked up this culture is? I don't.  These drugs have never shown me anything that I did not already know.

OP listen to joemolly...this is all truth.
Everything that you hope to "discover" while on psychedelics isn't really discovery at all.
All the "epiphany" type moments that occur whilst tripping only seem amazing because you're completely fucked up. Even when analyzing trips after the fact, there's nothing useful I have EVER gained.
In terms of the long-lasting effects of shrooms, they have made me question our general existence WAY more. I've never reached a conclusion, sober or tripping, and I don't think I ever will.

"All of those criticisms you have about modern, western, capitalist culture can be articulated and understood without psychedelics" <---- This x12903821

Seriously, the answers you're looking for are already in your head. Psychs are incredible fun, and they DO have value. They can be great for bonding with close friends, they can be very relaxing, and the days following my trips I always seem to be in a better mood. You'll never reach "enlightenment" through psychs, and if you do...it's more likely just drug induced psychosis lool

--------------------
Prisoner#1 said: I got my ass kicked by a 9yo when I was 17
Trippin? Click Me

What is life? I'm tired of life...

OfflineAnthony917
 User Gallery

Re: When is going overboard of psychedelics? [Re: Anthony917]
    #14153387 - 03/20/11 11:44 AM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
Quote:

OP listen to joemolly...this is all truth.
Everything that you hope to "discover" while on psychedelics isn't really discovery at all.
All the "epiphany" type moments that occur whilst tripping only seem amazing because you're completely fucked up. Even when analyzing trips after the fact, there's nothing useful I have EVER gained.
In terms of the long-lasting effects of shrooms, they have made me question our general existence WAY more. I've never reached a conclusion, sober or tripping, and I don't think I ever will.

"All of those criticisms you have about modern, western, capitalist culture can be articulated and understood without psychedelics" <---- This x12903821

Seriously, the answers you're looking for are already in your head. Psychs are incredible fun, and they DO have value. They can be great for bonding with close friends, they can be very relaxing, and the days following my trips I always seem to be in a better mood. You'll never reach "enlightenment" through psychs, and if you do...it's more likely just drug induced psychosis lool

--------------------
Trippin? Click Me

Edited by Anthony917 (03/20/11 11:44 AM)

OfflineR2-D2
horseradish
Male User Gallery

#14153401 - 03/20/11 11:47 AM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Hey joemolloy, if psychedelics are bullshit, then what is the meaning of life?

--------------------

Edited by R2-D2 (03/20/11 11:47 AM)

Offlinevisionstream
Psychonaught

#14153432 - 03/20/11 11:54 AM (13 years, 12 days ago)

I understand Joemolley and thanks Anthony. I am open minded so I can see some truth in your theory. I did already have the knowledge about corrupt society, I just was never shown it in plain sight, which psychedelics allowed me to do. So are you saying then that all I was seeing was what I already thought, just amplified because I was fucked up?
Because I seem to think now that what I saw, and indeed what I knew before I saw it...has even more truth than before. Is that an illusion?
What could explain this?

And Anthony, about "enlightenment"...are you familiar with Terrance McKenna, or Alex Grey. What do you think goes on in their minds? Are they psycho? They seem to have taken great, timeless lessons away from their trips and understand life on a new level than most of us.

--------------------

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: When is going overboard of psychedelics? [Re: R2-D2]
    #14153439 - 03/20/11 11:57 AM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

R2-D2 said:

No one can answer any question like that, there might not even be an answer.  If someone claims to have the answer, hold your wallet close to you, cover your asshole up, and get away.  If you think drugs can help you with that question, then I wish you luck.

--------------------

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

#14153452 - 03/20/11 11:59 AM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

And Anthony, about "enlightenment"...are you familiar with Terrance McKenna, or Alex Grey. What do you think goes on in their minds? Are they psycho? They seem to have taken great, timeless lessons away from their trips and understand life on a new level than most of us.

I've spent countless hours listening to Mckenna and I love him.  He is batshit insane.  Replace "mushroom" with "Jesus" in his lectures and see if it still has the same relevance.  He was a disciple of the psychedelic religion.

--------------------

OfflineAnthony917
 User Gallery

#14153472 - 03/20/11 12:08 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

visionstream said:
I understand Joemolley and thanks Anthony. I am open minded so I can see some truth in your theory. I did already have the knowledge about corrupt society, I just was never shown it in plain sight, which psychedelics allowed me to do. So are you saying then that all I was seeing was what I already thought, just amplified because I was fucked up?
Because I seem to think now that what I saw, and indeed what I knew before I saw it...has even more truth than before. Is that an illusion?
What could explain this?

Yes, I think every conclusion you've come to while on psychedelics was already in your mind. I think psychs help break down barriers in your mind, allowing you to "realize" things you may have otherwise buried. Although, what conclusions have you reached while on psychedelics that you couldn't have figured out while sober? I think when people start doing psychedelics hoping to find answers, they are going about it the wrong way. I use psychedelics because I like the state of mind it puts me in. I like the visual distortion, the colors, the intense closed eye visuals on high doses...even ego death can be an enjoyable experience.

I am somewhat familiar with McKenna and I will agree that he had an amazing outlook on life. I don't think they "understand" life any better than I do, though. Don't let drugs shape your view of the world.

--------------------
Trippin? Click Me

Offlinevisionstream
Psychonaught

#14153478 - 03/20/11 12:09 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
Quote:

I've spent countless hours listening to Mckenna and I love him.  He is batshit insane.  Replace "mushroom" with "Jesus" in his lectures and see if it still has the same relevance.  He was a disciple of the psychedelic religion.

Interesting...he seems to have so much to offer though on so many subjects. And he treats all drugs with respect and properly, not just getting fucked up every day...I don't know how he's insane. He seems to just be a philosophical mind that just so happened to get sucked into the world of psychedelics. I mean to me at least what he says "rings truth". It seems to have a great message...more so than any religion. It seems to be an advance in humans that may be on the horizon. I am not religious so I don't take any one persons beliefs and make them my own...but i mean it does resonate with me.
How did you come upon the realization that its all BS? Do you, yourself have any sources that have lead you to start thinking in that way?
Thanks.

--------------------

OfflineR2-D2
horseradish
Male User Gallery

#14153485 - 03/20/11 12:11 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
Quote:

R2-D2 said:

No one can answer any question like that, there might not even be an answer.  If someone claims to have the answer, hold your wallet close to you, cover your asshole up, and get away.  If you think drugs can help you with that question, then I wish you luck.

Well then how could you possibly say that DMT is bullshit? I'm not even saying I disagree with it, I just think you should further examine this belief.
McKenna is a goofy dude whose brain literally exploded. In one interview, he talked about never finding simplification in the universe, like "white light" type stuff, only an ever-increasing complexification. "Sane" or not, he has irrevocably inspired many many people and I love him.
Psychedelics have encouraged me to live my "normal" sober life to the best of my ability, and though I often find myself wanting to trip, I believe my desire to "chase" the psychedelic experience is a fault of my own, not of the psychedelics themselves.

--------------------

Offlinevisionstream
Psychonaught

#14153489 - 03/20/11 12:11 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Anthony917 said:
Quote:

visionstream said:
What could explain this?

Yes, I think every conclusion you've come to while on psychedelics was already in your mind. I think psychs help break down barriers in your mind, allowing you to "realize" things you may have otherwise buried. Although, what conclusions have you reached while on psychedelics that you couldn't have figured out while sober? I think when people start doing psychedelics hoping to find answers, they are going about it the wrong way. I use psychedelics because I like the state of mind it puts me in. I like the visual distortion, the colors, the intense closed eye visuals on high doses...even ego death can be an enjoyable experience.

I am somewhat familiar with McKenna and I will agree that he had an amazing outlook on life. I don't think they "understand" life any better than I do, though. Don't let drugs shape your view of the world.

I guess the thing that is different to me is...I didnt start them in search for answers. Answers were given to me and I was intrigued so the next trip was more for answers that were left lingering from the previous. Of course since every trip is different, I didnt get any more answers...just more questions. LOL!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder