Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineeVenom
DRIFT on toBATTLE
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: Base Icks] * 1
    #13844231 - 01/24/11 07:59 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Base Icks said:
I ate 50g last weekend and it :feelsbadman:

50g on one GO?

that is crazy!

how long do you let your stones grow?

--------------------
eVenom

"Some of us like a nice buzz, while others want to climb a screaming volcano naked to meet god."
RR

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJavadog
Continuing along
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: eVenom] * 1
    #13856300 - 01/26/11 08:02 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

eVenom said:
Quote:

Base Icks said:
I ate 50g last weekend and it :feelsbadman:

50g on one GO?

that is crazy!

how long do you let your stones grow?

Sorry to hear this bud!

I am ambivalent, as I have a jar that is coming up on four months
and has to be opened soon....so I have to ask what happened too.

If you would prefer to PM me, then please do.

Take care,

JD

--------------------
Boyd Rice told my brother that life is a corny pack of freesakes

Myco-tek.org

Edited by Javadog (01/26/11 08:03 PM)

InvisibleBase Icks
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomshire Flag
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: Javadog] * 1
    #13862122 - 01/27/11 07:12 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

InvisibleJavadog
Continuing along
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #13862359 - 01/27/11 07:47 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I remember now....I commiserated at the time.

I did not recall that that was a sclerotia caused event.

Hmmm......well, I am glad that you weathered the storm.

Take care,

JD

--------------------
Boyd Rice told my brother that life is a corny pack of freesakes

Myco-tek.org

OfflineBlueGrower
Stranger
Male

Re: Recipe Thread [Re: Javadog] * 1
    #14099079 - 03/10/11 04:49 PM (13 years, 21 days ago)

This is a simple recipe very typical in Spain made out of Níscalos (Lactarius deliciosus). Wikipedia says in english they are called Saffron milk cap or Red pine mushroom.

Just get the small fellows (so they can be taken with the hand and eaten in one byte)
cut part of the stem
place them upside down in oven paper
spread chopped up garlic and parsley over the shrooms
pour some olive oil (extra virgin best) and salt
put in the oven
Leave in the oven for 15 minutes. Every 5 minutes open the oven and spoon the juice that the shrooms sweat to the oven paper on top of the shrooms.

It´s also typical to add some "jamón Ibérico", maybe the caviar of spanish products.

--------------------
http://bluegrowers.wordpress.com

InvisibleMonkeyKnifeFight
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Recipe Thread [Re: BlueGrower] * 1
    #14103311 - 03/11/11 10:34 AM (13 years, 21 days ago)

Holy crap BlueGrower those look awesome.  And a simple recipe.  I'm definitely going to have to give that a shot when i have an appropriate batch of shrooms to try it on.

InvisibleFernandoCastro
Deus Impeditio Esuritori Nullus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Portugal Flag
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: MonkeyKnifeFight] * 2
    #14135754 - 03/17/11 08:49 AM (13 years, 15 days ago)

Mushroom gnocchi

How to make gnocchi

Usually, I use this as garnish to duck breast; but it provides a great meal just for itself

--------------------
www.cogusbox.com

InvisibleFernandoCastro
Male User Gallery

Re: Recipe Thread [Re: RogerRabbit] * 1
    #14135918 - 03/17/11 09:41 AM (13 years, 15 days ago)

Porcini Risotto

Ingredients:
  • 250g of Carnaroli or Arborio rice
  • 1l of vegetable or chicken stock (I usually add some dried mushrooms for extra flavor)
  • 1 onion
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 300g of mushrooms
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 2 tsp dry whit wine
  • Parmesan cheese
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 tsp butter
  • fresh parsley

Preparation:
  • Saute the mushrooms in a little oil and butter, salt and      pepper. Reserve
  • Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil.
  • Add the rice and until translucent. 
  • By then add the wine and let the alcohol evaporate. 
  • Add some broth and stir.
  • When the broth has evaporated, add a little more until evaporates again, always storing without letting the rice completely dry.
  • When the rice is half cooked add 2/3 of the mushrooms.
  • Repeat the process until the rice is cooked (al dente).
  • Off the stove, then add the butter and the cheese involving.
  • Serve with parsley and the rest of the mushrooms on top.

--------------------
www.cogusbox.com

InvisibleRan-D
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: FernandoCastro] * 1
    #14142993 - 03/18/11 12:30 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

Made some beer battered Hericium last nite, stole the recipe from another website. Pretty simple, but probably the best thing I've ever cooked :homerdrool:

2 cups flour
2 cups beer (I recommend Great White... Humboldt's version of a Blue Moon)
2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon parsley flakes (or pick your own spices and let me know if you find a better mix!)

Heat oil to 375.
Meanwhile, mix beer, flour, & spices into a bowl until smooth creamy consistency.
Then dip em and cook em. Easy as that.

*I left my Hericium in pretty big chunks, basically cut it up just enough to make sure they could be thoroughly cleaned of insects.

For my side dish I just sauteed up some bell peppers, onions, carrots, and then threw some swiss chard in there for the last minute or so. Wild mushrooms and home grown organic veggies (besides the bell peppers) MMM MMM GOOD!

Offlinelancasterpunk29
Peer

Loc: strangest climate on the ...
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: Ran-D] * 1
    #14146533 - 03/19/11 12:07 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

for the ultimate mushroom lover this will be the only way to go.

olive oil only you'll know how much to add the ratio is about the same as if you were to cook scrambled eggs.

add a quarter or more of the mushrooms in add sea salt a pinch or two depending on the amount and your liking for salt.

fresh cracked pepper. enough to smell when you waft the steam to your nose.

while sautéing do not use a spoon or stirrer unless you absolutely cannot pan flip. if you use a light weight rounded pan and flip them in the pan every few seconds allowing them to turn as to cook the other side and mix up the ingredients.

then add jarred garlic (or fine granulated* garlic. if you have too little oil it may remain gritty) usually comes in a great lc sized jar. oh boy add this on if you are a fan once again to the scent of the waft. if it needs less add more of your mushrooms. this happens fast but if some  start to brown in color that is what you want. (the pan will flame up slightly this is ok unless you are in too cluttered a kitchen or panic.)slight flaming will add flavor.

the oil should have the viscosity of cold milk. keep smelling as soon as they appear done enough to your main entree then perfect. (if you are a true friend of them this is your main dish =])

make an omelet and add to center
serve on fresh grilled steak pre seasoned with all of these ingredients
add to anything burgers bread sauce

butter may be used in conjunction with or instead of olive oil

but canola or vegetable is not as tasty (if your accustomed to them it will suffice)

i prefer them cooked almost to nothing while not burning them. as they caramelize inside they are sucking up the main ingredients like a sponge.

i'm sure this would go great with tofu as a topping for rice as long as you made a sauce out of the same things maybe a little soy sauce in the cook for flavoring. top the rice with butter first and have a filling delicious cheap meal.
If you have not ever successfully tried?made this dish are you considering?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (03/19/11 12:00 PM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

InvisibleBase Icks
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomshire Flag
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: Ran-D] * 1
    #14150427 - 03/19/11 08:10 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Ran-D said:
Made some beer battered Hericium last nite, stole the recipe from another website. Pretty simple, but probably the best thing I've ever cooked :homerdrool:

2 cups flour
2 cups beer (I recommend Great White... Humboldt's version of a Blue Moon)
2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon parsley flakes (or pick your own spices and let me know if you find a better mix!)

Heat oil to 375.
Meanwhile, mix beer, flour, & spices into a bowl until smooth creamy consistency.
Then dip em and cook em. Easy as that.

*I left my Hericium in pretty big chunks, basically cut it up just enough to make sure they could be thoroughly cleaned of insects.

For my side dish I just sauteed up some bell peppers, onions, carrots, and then threw some swiss chard in there for the last minute or so. Wild mushrooms and home grown organic veggies (besides the bell peppers) MMM MMM GOOD!

I cant belive you brought up Great White. thats my favorite beer except for HBC's Tangerine(when the batch is good).

I've missed it dearly since moving to the UK.

Offlinexwk
Stranger
Female

#14287552 - 04/13/11 11:25 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

stuffed button mushrooms are easy and really good.  i'm bad at writing recipes, so here goes.  clean your button mushrooms and remove the stems.  dice the stems and set them aside.  combine cream cheese (8oz) with shredded cheese (parmesam or gouda is good), some seasonings, the chopped stems from the button mushrooms, and some breadcrumbs.  mix all that up very well and spoon it into the mushroom caps.  bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.  i'm sure you could use the same process for big portobello caps and it would be even more delicious!

made this for thanksgiving last year, it's delicious with mushroom cream gravy.
http://foodandspice.blogspot.com/2008/04/mushroom-nut-roast-in-puff-pastry.html

Mushroom Nut Roast in Puff Pastry

2/3 cup of cooked quinoa (1/3 cup uncooked)
2 cups of nuts, finely chopped (cashews, walnuts, pecans, Brazil, or any combination of nuts you desire)
2 - 3 tablespoons of sesame seeds
397 gram package of puff pastry
2 tablespoons of olive oil or butter
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 - 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
6 fresh cremini mushrooms, finely chopped
2/3 - 3/4 cup of dried wild mushrooms (porcini, portabello, oyster)
4 - 5 sundried tomatoes
1 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of cayenne
1 teaspoon of oregano
juice from one lemon
3 eggs beaten + 1 for brushing the pastry
sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste

Soak the quinoa overnight in 2/3 cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for about 15 - 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside.

In a frying pan, toast the nuts and seeds over low heat for about 5 minutes or until they begin to darken a few shades. Transfer to a large bowl.

Soak the dried mushrooms and the sun-dried tomatoes in two small bowls of hot water for roughly 20 minutes. Squeeze out excess liquid, finely chop and set aside.

Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add the onion, garlic and celery to the pan. Stir and fry for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is softened. Now add the fresh and dried mushrooms to the pan, raise the heat and cook for another few minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the toasted nuts.

Now add the lemon juice to the bowl, along with the quinoa, paprika, cayenne, oregano and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir until well combined. Add the salt and pepper, stir and test for seasoning. Add the three beaten eggs, and stir well.

Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured board until very thin. Line a loaf pan with the rolled out pastry, leaving enough overlap to cover the top of the loaf pan. Spoon the nut mixture into the loaf pan, distributing evenly and pressing down firmly. Beat an egg in small bowl. Brush the puff pastry with the egg and cover loaf with the overlapping pastry. Place a baking sheet over the loaf pan, invert, and remove the loaf pan. Make small slits and holes in the pastry and brush the entire loaf with more of the beaten egg.

Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 20 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 40 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm with a vegetable dish or salad.

--------------------
i tried making sense of it, and then i realized i should be trying to make sense as to why i was even trying to make sense

OfflineNSF
Eager to learn
 User Gallery

Re: Recipe Thread [Re: BlueGrower] * 1
    #14288802 - 04/14/11 08:12 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

BlueGrower said:
This is a simple recipe very typical in Spain made out of Níscalos (Lactarius deliciosus). Wikipedia says in english they are called Saffron milk cap or Red pine mushroom.

Just get the small fellows (so they can be taken with the hand and eaten in one byte)
cut part of the stem
place them upside down in oven paper
spread chopped up garlic and parsley over the shrooms
pour some olive oil (extra virgin best) and salt
put in the oven
Leave in the oven for 15 minutes. Every 5 minutes open the oven and spoon the juice that the shrooms sweat to the oven paper on top of the shrooms.

It´s also typical to add some "jamón Ibérico", maybe the caviar of spanish products.

Not fair at all!  Jamon is utterly outstanding in Spain, nowhere in the world does it as well.  My god this is making me miss the north of Spain badly and i was only there 8 months ago.

--------------------

InvisibleFernandoCastro
Male User Gallery

Re: Recipe Thread [Re: NSF] * 1
    #14401536 - 05/04/11 07:17 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
www.cogusbox.com

InvisibleMonkeyKnifeFight
Stranger
 User Gallery

#14518002 - 05/26/11 09:51 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Anyone have any clever tips for cooking mushrooms while camping?  I'm gonna go kayak camping this weekend so we can haul a bunch of stuff so I want to bring some tasty food.  It looks like I'm gonna have a good amount of shiitake ready, and probably hericium and I harvested a flush of nameko tonight.  So I have quite a bit to work with.

Ideally I'd like to cook at least the shiitake on the campfire.  Anyone tried roasting them in the campfire with some other veggies in tinfoil?  That's the first thought that occurred to me.

Any other ideas for enjoying mushrooms while camping are welcome.  I also have a small camp stove so could cook them in a more traditional way too.

OfflinePileusSonofGalt
PhungiPharmer
Male

Re: Recipe Thread [Re: MonkeyKnifeFight] * 1
    #14581309 - 06/08/11 06:54 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Really, not one pizza, no duxcells and not even a mention of bruschetta toppings? Well one of my favorites, not only for the ease of preparation but it is one of the few dishes where the mushrooms get to really stand on there own.

I use whatever is on hand, morels, shitake, french horn, or my favorite chanterelles! I usually use about a pound, but I eat a lot.

If you have cast iron use it! Nothing is better for sauteing mushrooms in my opinion, or a heavy bottomed skillet if none is available.

1 pound of mushrooms sliced
1 loaf of crusty bread- I prefer pugliese or cuban style bread cut in 1/2" to 3/4" thick pieces
5-7 ounces of mild creamy goat cheese
2-3 cloves of crushed garlic
1/4 cup red onion diced
1/4 cup of chopped parsley
1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper- more or less depending on your affinity for heat
Salt and FRESH ground black pepper to taste

Saute the garlic until golden in a mix of 50/50 butter and olive oil NOT EXTRA VIRGIN it has to low of a smoke point for this application, add red onion and caramelize. Set aside and saute mushrooms, when they are about 90% done add the onion and garlic back to the mix along with the parsley, crushed red pepper, and salt and black pepper to taste. Toast the bread while doing this and when ready spread a thin layer of the goat cheese on the bread, top with your mushrooms and enjoy. If you really want to give it some extra ummph, sprinkle just a little parmesan reggiano on top. Make sure it is the good stuff though, if it came pre grated forget it. When sauteing the ingredients SALT them, kosher salt is the way to go, if all you have is table salt then go to the store, kosher salt tastes better, is available everywhere and for a great price.

Invisiblebastard4life
Travel Agent
Male User Gallery

Re: Recipe Thread [Re: PileusSonofGalt] * 1
    #14611602 - 06/14/11 11:40 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Dutch Oven Pork Loin

1 four pound pork loin
  1 large white onion
  1 red yellow and orange bell pepper
  1 pound portobella mushrooms
  1 pound button mushrooms
  1 quart mason jar filled half way with pineapple juice
  4 ounces of honey
  4 ounces of lime juice
  2 ounces spicy brown mustard
  2 tsp each of black pepper, paprika, salt, basil, rosemary, thyme.

marinade
      Add honey, lime juice, mustard, black pepper, paprika, salt, basil, rosemary, thyme to the mason jar of pineapple juice. Put jar lid on mason jar and shake until all ingredients are well mixed. The mustard and honey take a little bit of shaking to blend completely.
    preparing pork loin
      Put pork loin in the botton of a gallon ziplock freezer bag with mushrooms and your marinade. Put in fridge at least one hour. I usually do six hours.
    Cooking pork loin
      Put pork loin and mushrooms and marinade in your dutch oven saving about a cup of marinade to put in a small sauce pan to make a sauce for the pork when its done. Also add the bell peppers sliced into the dutch oven. Put in 400 degree oven for about 3 hours or until tender.
    Making sauce
      Take the cup of saved marinade and put it in a small saucepan under high heat. Using a wisk constantly mix sauce until it is thick. If you stop whisking while on high heat you will burn the honey and carmelize the pineapple so pay attention. I usually reduce the sauce by half on high heat
    Making the plate
      slice fully cooked pork loin and serve with peppers and mushrooms. Drizzly the sauce you made out of the marinade on the pork and enjoy.

OfflineKamek
Male User Gallery

Re: Recipe Thread [Re: bastard4life] * 1
    #14743904 - 07/10/11 03:23 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I can't believe I only come across this thread now. I'm going to go and try a couple of these recipes.

Offlineiloveshitaki
Apprentice
 User Gallery

Re: Recipe Thread [Re: RogerRabbit] * 1
    #15043975 - 09/07/11 05:14 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Mushroom omelet

2-3 eggs depending on appetite
1/16th cup milk (or water)
pinch of sea salt
pinch of black pepper
half a small onion (optional)
1/8 lb mushroom (I like button and pink oyster)
olive oil for Sautéing

1) Finley chop onions and mushrooms
2) Throw a little bit of olive oil in a pan and let it get nice and hot
Place onions and mushrooms in pan (You may want to throw onions in first depending on how much you want them cooked)
3) Mix eggs, salt, pepper and milk into a medium bowl and whisk until uniform
4) Take mushrooms and onions out of pan, place in bowl mix then pour into pan.
5) Let sides of omlet cook so you can lift and move the uncooked egg around the pan cooking uniformly.
6) Place lid on and turn heat to low.
7) Flip and serve!

--------------------
Yes I spelled shiitake wrong
yes I am to cheap to pay $10 to fix it :shrug:

Edited by iloveshitaki (09/07/11 05:15 PM)

OfflineFlagPharmer
Mycoholic

#15342006 - 11/08/11 09:13 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

CRAB STUFFED SHIITAKES

1 pound fresh shiitakes
approx half pound (6-8 oz) lump crabmeat
5 green onions, thinly sliced (not too much of the green tips like half white onion half green part)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried herbs de provance
ground black pepper to taste
I like to garnish with fresh chopped marjoram and lavendar blossoms

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, combine crabmeat, green onions, herbs, and pepper. Mix in mayonnaise and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese until well combined. Refrigerate filling until ready for use-it is a little easier to put in shiitakes if it is firm from being cold.
Wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp towel. Remove stems. Spoon out the gills and the base of the stem, making deep cups. Discard gills and stems. Fill the mushroom caps with rounded teaspoonfuls of filling, and place them in an ungreased shallow baking dish. Sprinkle tops with Parmesan and fresh garnishing herbs.
Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top and bubbly. Remove from oven, and serve immediately

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale