Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblebilly cuts
turntablingmycologist

Loc: Saturn
Sterile & Uncharacteristic Malabars from TLG?
    #1414108 - 03/27/03 09:51 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

This moose I know got the freebie a month or 2 back that was Malabar. They colonized pretty quick, fastest was 10 days to 100%. Anyways, They are now fruiting and he's started harvesting. The first cake is showing uncharacteristic caps, spherical with the veil breaking pretty early. Also, all the boomers he has harvested off this first cake are sterile. Will all other cakes be sterile as well? He really wanted to get a print of this strain, but now he's starting to wonder if he even has Malabars at all....

Edited by billy cuts (03/27/03 09:58 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefleshofgods
SpiritualVisionary
Loc: In a daze . . .
Re: Sterile & Uncharacteristic Malabars from TLG? [Re: billy cuts]
    #1414279 - 03/27/03 11:06 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Why dont you ask TLG himself. He is somewhere in these forums. username boxtop703

--------------------
Holler!

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1414481 - 03/27/03 12:47 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Well from experience, Malabar which I have seen grown, which were purchased from TLG have been very impressive. I think it really depends on your environment that you are creating for them to grow. I know that he does carry the pure Malabar strain, and he is one of the most honest people I know here on the boards. I know he would have given you the right strain.

I believe the first flush which was documented did not have the isolate "characteristic" of the veil attachment...Wait for later flushes... it will also vary greatly on which mediums you grow the strain from. Cakes really dont give the mushroom the natural chemicals and nutrients for full and optimum growth...while growing from a dung substrate will.

Edited by angryshroom (03/27/03 12:48 PM)

Invisiblebilly cuts
turntablingmycologist

Loc: Saturn
Re: Sterile & Uncharacteristic Malabars from TLG? [Re: angryshroom]
    #1414494 - 03/27/03 12:52 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the info, hopefully the next flush will be a bit more impressive.  He has a couple casings (straight verm) going as well.  Also said he'd try dung the next time around.  Most of his cakes are pinning prolificly, just waiting on some nice fruits :smile:  Thanks for the info

peace!

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #1414548 - 03/27/03 01:18 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

The Malabar from TLG is an extremely good isolate.
It doesn't have the same characteristics as the Malabar from Sporeworks.
The Veil drops and it has a good spore deposit.

I recieved a print of the Malabar a long time ago from PD.
I worked with it on agar for several months...grew it out.
Then traded a print of it to Joseph who was a grower for TLG.
Joseph is probably one of the best growers in the OMC...IMHO.
Your spores are from Joseph's fruits...so you should be blessed.

All strains throw out some sterile fruits now and then.
Hopefully your other cakes won't...and you will get some prints.

good luck!

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder