Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAiCo5o3

Need help with my grow bag!!!
    #1414348 - 03/27/03 11:37 AM (21 years, 25 days ago)

Hey yall,
I am new here and I need some expert advice on my shroom bag...My friend purchased two puerto rican spore syrienges along with the white rice substrate bags off of shamanshoppe.net...The first bag we started did not go well at all...We thought that we could just leave them alone and under normal room lights until they were ready for flushing...I know we did something wrong cuz the whole thing is contaminated and my friend was impatient and opened the bag...It did bruise blue but we waited for two weeks after that and nothing happened...We were wondering what process we should take on the second bag so we dont fuck it up...Do we need to put them in a different container for fruiting?...What is some good advice we can use?...Thanks for the replies
AIC

--------------------
"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS GET FRIEND'S HAIRCUTS..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineExtravagantDream
Beacon in theDarkness
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in the Local Su...
Re: Need help with my grow bag!!! [Re: AiCo5o3]
    #1414372 - 03/27/03 11:50 AM (21 years, 25 days ago)

I'm not sure what exactly ur asking. But...

are the bags presteralized? how are you innocing? Do they use filterdisks, or some sort of holes with filters?

OfflineAiCo5o3

Re: Need help with my grow bag!!! [Re: ExtravagantDream]
    #1414402 - 03/27/03 12:07 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

here is a picture for ya... the bag was presteralized and the white square on the top of the bag is the air filter...I am asking if there is anybody that has used this type of bag before and if so...what are the proper steps to take for good results...Are we supposed to take the cake out of the bag?....and if we are what do we put it in?...What is the best lighting, temperature, etc.? Sorry if I am really confusing...I am just really high...:)
AIC

--------------------

OfflineNotnecstoned
jazz messenger
Loc: NY
    #1414473 - 03/27/03 12:44 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

your supposed to innoculate the bag through the black disk, then leave it in a dark, warm place until it's fully colonized. Then if you want, cold shock it in the fridge or in a cold place to initiate pinning, give it some light and wait till harvest time. all of this happens in the bag, you could take the mycelium out after it's fully colonized, case and get a higher yield.

--------------------
"It is not wise to shine like jade and resound like stone chimes"

OfflineAiCo5o3

Re: Need help with my grow bag!!! [Re: Notnecstoned]
    #1414514 - 03/27/03 01:02 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

so when the cake is fully colonized the WHOLE thing be white?...We did the innoculating already in the second bag...we innoculated it as directed...but that was 4 weeks ago...There is a little colonization on the top but I dont think it has colonized completely...Is four weeks too long for colonization?...And someone please describe pinning...Thanks for the help everyone
AIC

--------------------

OfflineLightBright
conspiring
    #1414527 - 03/27/03 01:12 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

So says the cereal:

"Grow bags take a long time to begin with, there's alot of substrate to colonize, and the time can be lengthened due to cool temps. Innoculate, let it sit in a closet or something in the dark (as you seem to have been) and let it become colonized. Then, when it looks all colonized, you should gently crumble it and shake it gently, it helps to distribute the mycelia. You'll hear lots of people who may say this is the wrong way to go and if you are too harsh it can be, but I experianced good results from it. Other than that, you seem to have really messed up your first bag and I'd suggest reading and learning how the mushrooms live, grow, and what they need. Don't start into something until your really comfortable with it."

--------------------
"This hooch, it burns my soul."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck