Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Agar, Microscope, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefleshofgods
SpiritualVisionary
Loc: In a daze . . .
where to get mexicana "A"
    #1414315 - 03/27/03 01:20 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

AFOAF has been looking for a good supplier of Psilocybe Mexicana Strain A spore but doesnt want to go through sporeworks.com(crystal clear syringes). Are there any better suppliers out there?

--------------------
Holler!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: where to get mexicana "A" [Re: fleshofgods]
    #1414339 - 03/27/03 01:34 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

No.

"Crystal clear" doesn?t mean there are no spores in it.....

Offlinefleshofgods
SpiritualVisionary
Re: where to get mexicana [Re: Anno]
    #1414342 - 03/27/03 01:35 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I know but he also bought spores from them before and had no growth what-so-ever. He is very disapointed with the company and doesnt want to give them business.

--------------------
Holler!

OfflineWorkmanV
Psilocybe Microscopist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington, USA
Trusted Cultivator
    #1414354 - 03/27/03 01:39 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Mexicana doesn't produce thick or large prints. Even if an entire mexicana spore print was put into a syringe I doubt you could tell it from pure water. Prints are available but they also cost more.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Anonymous

Re: where to get mexicana [Re: fleshofgods]
    #1414448 - 03/27/03 02:27 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i've always gotten excellent products from the works. i actually bought a P. mexicana 'a' syringe from them once. my research went very well.

Edited by Anonymous (03/27/03 02:29 PM)

Offlinefleshofgods
SpiritualVisionary
Re: where to get mexicana [Re: ]
    #1416223 - 03/28/03 10:48 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

well i will let him know that it is worth a try again. but if there is no success he is gonna be pissed at me.

--------------------
Holler!

Offlinetrainboy55
Stranger
Re: where to get mexicana [Re: fleshofgods]
    #2251556 - 01/19/04 12:15 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i have had trouble with sporeworks syringes as well. twice, absolutely no growth and once, green mold under every inoculation hole.

i am wondering if it is just me but i have gotten pretty comfortable with jar cultivation over the years.

Offlinebuckeye
enthusiast
Loc: oHIo
    #2251721 - 01/19/04 01:32 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I ordered from sporeworks too...Got a crystal clear syring of b+...No growth at all....Never go with them again!

I am now trying hawkeyes, cause i heard they have very good dark syringes.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: where to get mexicana "A" [Re: buckeye]
    #2253730 - 01/19/04 08:14 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Sporeworks rocks my world. They are a great vendor and they provide quality products.

N00B's screw up a lot. I did.

One lesson I have learned. If you have a problem with a syringe, contact the vendor and see what they will do before you publicly trash them.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflinePandyCants
Doin' what I can

Re: where to get mexicana "A" [Re: Rose]
    #2253848 - 01/19/04 08:57 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I gotta say I like sporeworks too, no problems with syringe at all

Offlinetrainboy55
Stranger
Re: where to get mexicana "A" [Re: PandyCants]
    #2256544 - 01/20/04 05:13 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i do not mean to publicly disparage sporeworks. they have been great at getting me free replacements almost immediately. but this is my third time with their syringes, pennington's annual ryegrass seed, 2 hrs. PCing, three years experience with cubies behind me and i have not gotten any germination.

just pointing it out, i think sporeworks is good people.

is there anybody else i can try for mex A syringes?

Edited by trainboy55 (01/20/04 05:15 PM)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: where to get mexicana "A" [Re: trainboy55]
    #2256981 - 01/20/04 07:45 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Sporeworks is the most reputable US vendor I know of to have mexicana a. Mushmush has 'em but they're in the Netherlands, I don't know if you can order from them. Have you tried agar? That way, you'd know if you had viable spores. Have you tried using wbs or millet? You may have grass seed that was treated with fungicide.

Anyway, good luck... I think mushmush uses the same spores as Sporeworks.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineDalinkwent
Re: where to get mexicana "A" [Re: Rose]
    #2257227 - 01/20/04 08:58 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Sporeworks is great. They replaced my Eq. syringe after I f'd it up. I thought the syringe was sterile. BUT it was a n00b problem. I found that if you sterlize by steam you should steam the jars at least twice and not just once. The first time all 10 jars got contaminated. The 2nd time I steamed twice and only 2 jars got contaminated. Sterility is the key. My syringes were crystal clear too. But they worked great. Oh it also makes a difference if you shake the spores too.

--------------------
"If you don't eat your meat you can't have any pudding... how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?" PF.

Anonymous

Re: where to get mexicana "A" [Re: trainboy55]
    #2257343 - 01/20/04 09:29 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Sporeworks is an extremely reputable company. Not only are they reputable, but they are the company that brought Psilocybe mexicana to the OMC. Without them we don't have the mexicana. I have tried repeatedly to obtain wild prints from other sources and they always are something else.

Mexicana is absolutely nothing like cubensis. Obtaining sterile prints is not an easy thing. Conditions that are condusive to sterile prints, are not condusive to sporulation. This is not a cubensis that will drop spores regardless of environmnet.

The darkest prints I have gotten came from outdoor grown specimens. But sterility cannot be guarenteed. Indoors, under controlled conditions, you get sporadic sporulation, and incomplete sporulation. A single mushroom may produce good spores from only sections of the gills.

I recently made spore solutions with up to three prints in them(10 cc) and they were crystal clear!!! But they work just fine.

A single cubensis print can make 1000 syringes that visibly, to the naqked eye, containing spores.

100 mexicana prints can make a very dark syringe.

Do not bitch and wine about the hand that feeds you. If they have some problems with sterility, just realize it is inherent in the production of exotic spores. If they are not dark syringes, it is for this same reason.

They replace what is wrong. They give you the species you order. They sell species NO ONE ELSE WAS OFFERING.

ALL MEX A in circulation are from sporeworks. If someone else is selling it, then they most have obtained GOOD SYRINGES from the works.

If you place 1/22 of a ml on a microscope slide, and add a cover slip, put it under a scope, you will be able to measure hundreds of spores.

Troubles with germination are typically on the cultivators end.

My sporework mex a syringe was contaminated with mold spores. I told them this. They sent another. It worked perfectly for my purposes. Every order placed with sporeworks is guarenteed. And Every order I placed was filled, and guarenteed. I obtained what I ordered EXACTLY. No mislabled species, or strains.

Just my two cents.

Just to giive you a clue. I use 5/22 ml per 1 cup rye seed, of any spore solution.
Regardless of the degree of darkening. Thats 5 drops from a calibrated dropper.

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

Re: where to get mexicana "A" [Re: ]
    #2259799 - 01/21/04 02:44 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the wonderful words Teonan. Many people don't understand just how difficult it was to bring this microscopy sample to the community.

If anybody has problems with any of our products, then they should contact customer service to receive a replacement. We try to the best of our abillity to ensure that every sample leaves our store clean and containing a good sample of spore material. Some syringes will arrive in less than desireable condition, it's just the nature of the business. This can also be complicated by weather conditions during shipping (such as extreme cold or heat).

If your syringes contain contamination or no visible spores for your microscopy experiements then please allow us the ability to make it up to you. If you are ordering spore or culture samples and it is 5 or 105 degrees, maybe you should think about waiting for better climes or having it shipped to a more mild location.

Thanks again for all the great feedback and support from our customers!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Agar, Microscope, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation