Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedmc_illz
Modest Newcomer
Loc: Suburbia
Treasure Coast, COMPLETED! 4-18
    #1413940 - 03/27/03 08:55 AM (21 years, 7 days ago)

Thursday March 13th I recieved my P.c. Treasure Coast spores from my vendor.
I had previously monitored a controlled terranium setup and achieved a proper humidity
and temperature for casings. As a side note, I was extremely satisfied in the professionalism
and my vendors overall operation. I would strongly recommend them to anyone, get ahold of me
if you want their contact info and website.

After months of research and readings from various websites across the net
shroomery.org, theforestfloor.org, www.magic-mushrooms.net/, www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/, to name
a few, I had obtained a good sterile spore syringe, enough knowledge and money to go
through with the setup.

Enjoy the read, distribute freely.

~~~March 13th, Thursday - Spores Arrived!

Came home from work today to see a little brown package on my front porch.
>=)

~~~March 14th *Day 1, Friday - Innoculation and Sterilization

Woke up vommiting, wasnt feeling good. Stayed home from work and finished Incubator.
I finished unexpectedly early so I decided to mix my verm/brf/water components to sterilize
the jars. I have 10 1/2 pint jars so I Mixed 6 2/3 cup verm with 2 1/4 cup brf, mixed well
and added 2 1/4 cup water. Made a good mixture, in the end turned out to be about 3-4 jars
too much mixture, but i had an abbundance of verm and brf, so threw it out. Stacked the jars
and steam cooked all ten in one pot. Cooked for an hour boiling, I then let the jars cool
in the pan all day.

By midnight that night they were definately below room temperature, so I used
Captian's Over Sterilization Technique. I ran into only one real problem, on some of the
jars the holes in the lids were just a fraction too small, on some jars I had to force the
syringe into two holes and had to leave the other two untouched. To compensate I injected
twice as much solution in each point. The tip of the syringe touched a couple unsterile
counter tops so... "if in doubt, sterilize" and my butane lighter did an awesome job in heating
the needle up in a time efficient manner.

The oven heat, breath mask, gloves and the holes being too small fusterated me alot,
I was dripping with sweat after I got done. But I felt confident in my precautions
to be sterile. I put the jars in the incubator and closed the lid for a goodnights sleep.

~~~March 17th *Day 4, Monday - Checked Jars

My incubator is at a constant 84 degrees with a RH of about 73%. Its a more
original setup. I bought a 40 gallon rubbermaid container at walmart, filled it about 1/4
full with water. Put another large plastic container inside the big one. It took about 50 lbs
of preasure to hold the inner plastic container down into the water. So I bolted one side down
and used some industrial strength zip ties to pull the other side of the container into the water.
I have a 20 dollar walmart submergable aquarium heater between the two and its working very
well. After the jars become colonized I have plans of turning the inner contain into a terranium
and just keep this "Atlantis" Like setup.

Its been about 2.5 days since innoculation, I can see a really vague fuzz covering
the outer side of the jar, cant really be sure of anything yet. The jars are sealed fairly
tight with alluminum foil around them.

~~~March 19th *Day 6, Wednesday - Checked Jars

Im really curious about my jars, but when I innoculated them I told myself i was gonna
check on wednesday. Today is wednesday (my day off). After examining the jars, I have
determined that they are all showing strong signs of growth. The mycelium is covering
a respectable portion on everyside of the jar that was innoculated. In some jars the mycelium
has ran down the sides and has covered the bottum portion of the jar.

While checking them, I decided to take off the alluminum foil and losen the lids
a great deal. The gas exchange will be higher now and will hopefully make for a faster
growing mycelium. Ill check my jars again this sunday.

~~~March 23rd *Day 10, Sunday - Checked Jars

Four of the faster colonizing jars are at about %80-95. I plan on mixing the four
fastest ones with pastuerized cow manure and put them in a container to be cased in the
near future.

The Other jars slow colonization time can be attributed to the holes too small
made on the top of the jars so I skipped them and injected that much more in the next
hole. I now understand the importance of having the most surface service area of brf/verm
when innoculating. The other jars ill expect to be completed by this coming sunday.

~~~March 26th *Day 13, Wednesday - Rebuilt Terrarium, Pastuerized Cow Manure

Rebuilt the terrarium to utilize the space of the outermost container. I had to
take the top lid off the outside container to compensate for the two inches the inner
chamber protruded out the top of the terrarium. I plan on altering the lid somehow. The
main concern for this is to trap the heat being generated from the water tank heater
into the terrarium's atmosphere.

Pastuerized the steer manure at about 170-175 degrees (alittle warmer than i woulda
liked, but it worked) for about an hour. Im working on a tight schedule today so I wont
be able to wait for the manure to cool down enough to safely mix with the broken up mycelium
(did that in ziplock freezer bags). Letting the manure cool down overnight in a seal tight
rubbermaid, still in the pillow case in a distant shed in the northwestern united states.

~~~March 27th *Day 14, Thursday - Mixed Cow Manure

I understand the importance of using a food processor to mix the mycelium and
manure, however I did not have a sterile food processor readily availible. I broke up
the mycelium with some patience and a couple ziplock bags.

Other than checking the growth of the 4 other colonizing jars, I was satisfied with
just mixing the mycelium and manure for the day.

A couple observations; When I went to dump the mycelium i had broken up yesterday
into a clear rubbermaid, it all fell out in a brick like form. Im very surprised the
mycelium had grown that much overnight. It was alittle more dry than I had expected it
to be, so Im gonna try and raise the humidity in my incubator/terrarium some by adding more
water to the perlite.

~~~March 28th *Day 15, Friday - Altered Terrarium, Innocc'ed 5 pint jars

I fixed my terrarium to where I believe it will utilize the heat from the
submerged fish tank heater the most. I have a concern with a few air leaks that might
be contributing to the less than acceptable current perlite RH.

I have about.....50-60 dollars into a good ~40 gallon portable terrarium, that can
produce cubensis in alaska if need be, and Im very proud of it. I just need to tweak with
it somewhat. But yes, I have spent a couple dollars into it already.

Sterilized and Innoculated 5 pint jars with 2cc's of spores per jar. The whole
process seemed extremely fast compared to the first attempt. In that sense, I have worries
about the sterility of everything, but more likely than not, its just a false sense of
insecurity due to the experience and unneeded thinking that was required this time around.

~~~March 29th *Day 16, Saturday - Check Casing

I was very excited to check the progress of goliath (the 4 cake casing), the
mycelium fuzzed up alot and are grabbing ahold of the manure. Im very satisfied with
its 2 day progress.

~~~March 30th *Day 17, Sunday - Pastuerized Cow Manure, Prep.

I had so much fun brewing cow manure the other day, I decided to do it again.
This time seemed to go even more fluent then last. I didnt use a thermometer, I just
remembered where the knob was exactly on the stove last time. This batch of cow manure is for
my other 4 cakes that just finished colonization. I wanna do two one cake casings, and
one two cake casing. I made my casings a variety of sizes to see which one produces the most
fruit in comparison to the risk of contamination and losing the given amount of cakes.

Went to wal-mart and spent a couple more bucks on some microvable tubberware.
They are a good size to mix a half pint jar with half a pint of cow manure, and still
have some room to case it.

The cow manure is gonna drain tonight and tomorrow ill mix it up with the mycelium.

Gnight ; )

~~~March 31st *Day 18, Monday - Mixed Cow Manure

Made three new spawn containers by mixing the 4 other cakes into 3 microwavable
containers. I used one part manure to one part mycelium.

I've noticed some dropped manure into the perlite ground layer. I cleaned a spoon
with some h202 and spooned out the "dirty" perlite.

Goliath spawn is doing very well.

~~~April 2nd/3rd *Day 20/21- Cased Goliath

Pastuerized a decent amount of jiffy mix (verm/moss/lime mix) at around 165 degrees
in a pillow case with a plate and a big rock to keep the mix submerged for an hour.

Let pillow case drain and cool till the late hours that night.

Applied Casing to goliath spawn. Realized how **WET** casing was after all damage
was done. Worries of contamination and overlay. =\

~~~April 4th *Day 22, Friday - Pastuerized More Jiffy Mix

Same method as last time. Put jiffy mix in a pillow case, submerged and heated at
160-170 degrees for an hour.

Let drain all night.

~~~April 5th *Day 23, Saturday - Cased Remaining Spawn, Patched Goliath

Rolled my sleeves up as I was anticipating a second confrontation with the tricky
jiffy mix scum.

Unlike last time, I squezzed excess water from the jiffy mix compound and applied
a good half inch to an inch layer over the 3 spawn containers.

I only cased my goliath spawn with a layer of about....1/2 inch, so mycelium has
already broke through in a couple heavy patches. I sprinkled some pastuerized j-mix over the
heavy growth areas in hopes of achieving a more even pinset down the road.

Very anxious, but at the same time, Im loving every bit of this process!

~~~April 7th *Day 25, Monday Early Morning - Check up

I can see growth into all the smaller casing layers. Im gonna guess by about....
thursday or friday at the latest, they will be ready to be exposed to fruiting conditions.

I opened the lid of goliath to see an amazing field of black and white. The mycelium
has taken up a fair portion of the casing layer, So by the time a get alittle sleep and wake
up, im gonna expose goliath to fruiting conditions.

Note: Since all the casings share the same terrarium, im gonna have to put a couple
layers of electrical tape over the three smaller casings so they can still inncubate in
darkness. Im not positive on exactly how well this is gonna work, but ill soon find out.

I will soon be borrowing a digitalcamera so I can take some end pictures of my first
grow.

Other than that, I have gotten all the way here without any of my roommates having
the slightest clue of my operation. With alittle bit of luck, Id like to keep it that way.

~~~April 11th *Day 29, Friday - A titlewave of hope yet so small

In the past couple of days the quiet drama in my head as to the possible success of
my biggest casing has been increasing.

Monday early morning I turned the temp of the terrarium down to 67 degrees and let it
sit for about 14 hours. I then adjusted the temp to 75 degrees, exposed it to twelve hours
of indirect sunlight, and started fanning 3 times a day for about a minute of strong fanning.

Until this morning, the mycelium just seemed to colonize alittle more of the casing.
When I opened the lid of the terrarium for a good morning fan of some nice oxygen, I noticed
about three small mushrooms, and estimated about five distinguishing pins visible to my
unexperienced eye.

Im just gonna keep fanning the piss out of the terrarium, maybe put some water/h202
mix into the perlite. Prolly gonna mist the sidewalls of the terrarium and clean up any
extra perlite.

Ill include some pictures shortly.

~~~April 12th *Day 30, Saturday - Pins, pins, pins....

Gave my terrarium a good fanning this morning. I was inspired by the new growth and
decided to take tally marks of exactly how many pins/small mushrooms I found on my biggest
casing.

I have 12 pinheads/mushrooms currently visible on my biggest casing. I've been
exposing them to about 10 hours of light a day, alittle too much. I think im gonna start
giving them less than an hours worth of light and see what happens. The biggest mushroom
is about 1.5cm's in height.

On dcc (double cake casing with dung) there were at least 7 small pins in formation.

Im quite excited, while at the same time I'm trying to be as patient and as calm as
possible. This is a totally new concept to me and approaching it with as much knowledge and
common sense as possible seems like a logical thing to do.

I'll pray to the shroom gods tonight to bless me and my modest setup with an
abundance of pins.

~~~April 13th *Day 31, Sunday Evening - woah.....

My prayers were heard last night. They were....definately were....

The following is my best description of what exactly is going on:

Goliath: There are about 5-6 mushrooms taller than an inch and approximately, 30-40
more small mushrooms, and about 30+ more mushroom formations on the casing. They definately
tend to like the valleys and some of the outersides (which tend to be valleys). They grew
just about everywhere, but clustering more and favoring the previously stated areas. I will definately take note of this
as i will try to impliment a more valley based design system while laying down the casing.

Overall, i would say, if every little formation grew to be a mushroom, I would have a
120+ mushroom harvest. I need to research the nutritional distribution amongst the mushrooms
and wether a size of a carpophore will dictate how much nutrients the other smaller ones get
and thus giving the smaller mushrooms less of a chance to develope/mature.

DCC (double cake casing): The fruits seem very strong and have been increasing in mass noticably faster than the mushrooms in goliath. The mushrooms in this casing generally stick to closer clusters and inhabit the valleys and sides. There once was alot of spawn/dung to the size of the container, so the casing came right up to the containers top, and thus was leveled. I've noticed that on more of the leveled casing areas the mushrooms are less abundant. I do expect throwth on these plateau areas in the near future. The number of little fruit bodies that inhabit this rather small casing reach into the 30s, 40s and possibly 50s.

SCCs: I have two casings of single cake spawn mixed with one part dung. The formations on these
casings are the last to come of all the containers in the terrarium. Their growth resembles that of Goliath. Tending to like the valley areas all throughout the whole casing surface. The number of little formations reach into the 20s and 30s.

Note: *The casing layer of DCC and the two SCCs is at least 1/4inch deeper than Goliath.
*The casing layer of Goliath was much much more moist when applied than the other casings.
*I feel the spawn layer of goliath is slightly shorter than the others by about half an inch. Standing a mere 2.75-3 inches high.

Thanks for reading,

dmc,

--------------------
Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die tomorrow.

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23682 - Level 4

Edited by dmc_illz (04/18/03 03:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePrometheus_Unbound
Can't respondI'm banned frompsting & sndingPMs

Loc: Canada
Re: Newbie Log, P.c. Treasure Coast (no pics) [Re: dmc_illz]
    #1414643 - 03/27/03 02:11 PM (21 years, 7 days ago)

Sounds like things are going well for a first grow.

Offlinedmc_illz
Modest Newcomer
Re: Newbie Log, P.c. Treasure Coast (no pics) [Re: Prometheus_Unbound]
    #1416787 - 03/29/03 11:30 AM (21 years, 5 days ago)

Edited to fit forum guidelines.

--------------------

Edited by dmc_illz (04/07/03 03:29 AM)

Offlinedmc_illz
Modest Newcomer
    #1435305 - 04/07/03 03:56 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

=X

--------------------

Offlineshoe
In Death'sEmbrace
Loc: Australia
    #1435820 - 04/07/03 10:32 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

pics asap! :laugh:

--------------------
The above writings are fictional. It is being used to collect information to write a book about someone growing mushrooms.

And remember I will always love you,
As I claw your fucking throat away.
It can end no other way.

Offlinedmc_illz
Modest Newcomer
Re: Newbie Casing Log, P.c. Treasure Coast - UPDATED 4-7 [Re: dmc_illz]
    #1451139 - 04/11/03 09:46 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

cant imagine?

heh

alil more

the outer container is 40 gallons, the inner one is 35.

My setup, goliath is the upper most casing.

--------------------

Offlinedmc_illz
Modest Newcomer
    #1455956 - 04/13/03 11:58 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

^bump

--------------------

OfflineFocusHawaii
Keeper of theMagic Garden

Loc: Canada
    #1456649 - 04/14/03 08:58 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Cant see too much, i can vaguely see the mycelium, Is this on a webcam?

Nice job.

Offlinetastyshroom
Mr.Shroom
Male

Loc: Washington
Re: Newbie Casing Log, P.c. Treasure Coast - UPDATED 4-7 [Re: FocusHawaii]
    #1457767 - 04/14/03 05:08 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Good job dmc illz!! :wink:

--------------------
Perspective on life always changes

Offlinedmc_illz
Modest Newcomer
Re: Treasure Coast, COMPLETED! 4-18 [Re: dmc_illz]
    #1470807 - 04/18/03 03:23 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

+ A beer = One helluva meal

245 grams fresh - First flush

Thanks for reading,

dmc

--------------------

Offlineaeonblue
OrganicSpiral

Loc: northeast us
    #1470943 - 04/18/03 04:14 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Say hello to Terence McKenna for me.....

--------------------
The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be.

Paul Valery

www.dailygrail.com

Offlineaeonblue
OrganicSpiral

Loc: northeast us
    #1470944 - 04/18/03 04:14 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Say hello to Terence McKenna for me.....Nice job!

--------------------
The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be.

Paul Valery

www.dailygrail.com

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
    #1470947 - 04/18/03 04:16 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

well done. good job :grin:

mushies for tea

--------------------
buh

Offlinetastyshroom
Mr.Shroom
Male

Loc: Washington
Re: Treasure Coast, COMPLETED! 4-18 [Re: shirley knott]
    #1471235 - 04/18/03 06:18 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

YEA!!

--------------------
Perspective on life always changes

OfflineSevHoeSev

Loc: 707 - Napa
Re: Treasure Coast, COMPLETED! 4-18 [Re: tastyshroom]
    #1471268 - 04/18/03 06:34 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

nice lookin shrooms ya got there.. how is the treasure coast strain?? my freind is growing treasure coast right now.

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #1471333 - 04/18/03 07:04 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Whoa, I have that exact type of plate. Heh heh, and I ate shrooms off of one like you.  :grin:

Nice shrooms. 

--------------------

Offlinecomario2
amateur

Loc: between places
    #1473184 - 04/19/03 12:31 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

:cool: congrats 

--------------------
comario

"crusaders against emotional poverty"

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
Re: Treasure Coast, COMPLETED! 4-18 [Re: comario2]
    #1473379 - 04/19/03 02:14 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

245 g fresh will give you something like 24,5 g bone dry right?

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Treasure Coast, COMPLETED! 4-18 [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #1473383 - 04/19/03 02:17 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

more like 8% than 10%, i've learnt.

--------------------
buh

Offlinedmc_illz
Modest Newcomer
Re: Treasure Coast, COMPLETED! 4-18 [Re: shirley knott]
    #1476367 - 04/20/03 11:38 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

These particular mushrooms, even at a higher dose, dont seem to like to produce visuals. No even light visuals, but you can tell, your vision is alittle messy.

They produced....and i've always thought this term is alittle wrong, but its a perfect description, a "mindfuck".

Had alot of fun yesterday, ate a grip of shrooms and went shoulder to shoulder in the deepest parts of the saturday market in downtown portland.

After about 60 minutes of ingestion, I was in the market, and some lady came up to me and was like, "your being fined for being too handsome" so she hands me some stickers, one was a american flag and the other was a peace symbol. I was SOOOO MESSED, SOOOOO CONFUSED. She said something like "blah blah blah, donate" and I already had the stickers in my hand, damnit, it was a trap. I fumbled for my wallet and gave her three dollars. The confrontation of a complete stranger, with all the music and noise of people in the background, and everyone there, was alot to deal with. I did it though.

Fungi is a very........odd oddity of life, and must be respected.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder