Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefortune2k
Stranger
First time (Atlantis Truffle)
    #14130250 - 03/16/11 11:38 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Hi Guys,

I havent been able to find any mushrooms so im starting off with some truffles. I have just ordered  30 grams  of atlantis truffles (http://www.avalonmagicplants.com/magic-truffles/magic-truffles-super-sale.html). MNy freind and I are going to do them at the weekend I have been looking at what kind of dosage to take im thinking around 10-15 grams each. I have read mixed reviews about truffles,  what im after is a really cool visual high. What do you guys think?

How should i take them to get the best out of them    i have rad that  warm water is good, I was thinking of blending them up and making some sort of  war smoothly drink

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGhostwriter

Loc: USA
Re: First time (Atlantis Truffle) [Re: fortune2k]
    #14130348 - 03/16/11 12:00 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i too ordered a 12 gram pack for myself.
i havent tried them yet and keep searching for info on whats the deal with em but cant get very much good info..

I guess its like searching for something youve never tried so i guess we just need to try em haha

i hope the 12 grams will produce a good trip

Offlinefortune2k
Stranger
Re: First time (Atlantis Truffle) [Re: Ghostwriter]
    #14130361 - 03/16/11 12:02 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Apparently  if they are fresh and wet they will be good. Fingers cross they make it here to the UK tho :O

InvisibleGhostwriter

#14130365 - 03/16/11 12:03 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

yeah im hoping for the best its been a while since i tripped so i hope this dosent "let me down" in a sense of speak

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
    #14130421 - 03/16/11 12:16 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Magic Truffles (sclerotia) give good trips that are pretty much identical to mushroom trips. You can try making some kind of tea - that would probably give you a faster onset - but I've never tried it myself so I don't know if it makes a lot of difference to the trip.

Normally I just chew up the sclerotia really well, and then swallow it. Seems to work for me :grin: The come-up can take a while, you probably won't feel anything for at least 30 minutes, then by 1 hour you should be starting to feel them kick in properly.

Potency can be a bit variable with truffles, but 10-15g should be ideal for a first-time trip. I'd probably eat 15 if you want "a really cool visual high." Remember that a lot of the visuals are more spectacular with eyes closed - open eye visuals are more subtle, a kind of strange "shift" in the way things appear, hints of movement, patterns overlaid onto objects. All interesting stuff, but while your eyes are open, don't expect a full-blown orgasmic rainbow-colored kaleidoscopic assault on the senses. Close your eyes....

Also, it's less of a "high" - more a type of confusing fluorescent weirdness that alters your thought-patterns and takes you by surprise. It's fun though, I'm sure you'll enjoy it:thumbup:

Safe tripping!

:awecid:

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

InvisibleGhostwriter

Re: First time (Atlantis Truffle) [Re: Aldebaran]
    #14130435 - 03/16/11 12:18 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

what dose did you take?

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

#14130656 - 03/16/11 12:53 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mamdbdylan said:
i too ordered a 12 gram pack for myself.
i havent tried them yet and keep searching for info on whats the deal with em but cant get very much good info..

I wrote this Sclerotia FAQ a while back for an Amsterdam message-board. Some of the info might be useful.

Quote:

what dose did you take?

Various doses of various types. Recently I've been taking an intial dose of 15g, waiting a couple of hours, then eating another 10 or 15g. I like extremely strong trips; this kind of dose is not something I would ever consider attempting outdoors or in a social situation.

15g on it's own is usually a nice trip with a comfortable onset.

A guideline on sclerotia dosage for experienced trippers:

10g = mild dose
15g = medium
20g = strong
25g+ = headfuck central

Since I wrote the FAQ, I've found that potency can be quite variable between different types of sclerotia, and also between different batches of the same type. It's difficult to say exactly how stong any particular dose will be.

In theory, 5g of fresh sclerotia should be equivalent to 1g dry cubes, but this is only a rough estimate.

A 12g dose should be comparable to 2.4g cubes (maybe 2g is more realistic?) although I won't be surprised if you come back and tell that's wrong and the trip was stronger/weaker than you expected.

--------------------

InvisibleGhostwriter

#14130840 - 03/16/11 01:16 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, im just hoping that it will be worth the while of getting it..
at least i got some syrian rue on the way too so i can try out some ayahuasca jello shots or something..

InvisibleGhostwriter

#14130849 - 03/16/11 01:19 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i think im going to end up making tea with the truffles so i can trip the hardest on what i got..wish i had more just incase but oh well might as well try my best

Offlinefortune2k
Stranger
    #14149375 - 03/19/11 04:45 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

hi guys,

2-3 hours ago  took  around 15g atlantis from avlonmagicplants not feeling nothing  hoping  more comes :frown:

Offlinefortune2k
Stranger
    #14152524 - 03/20/11 06:36 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Hi guys an update

I first started with 8 grams (blended up the truffles, added some coffe, ginger lemon and honey - didnt tatse that great and didnt sit very well on the belly) on an extremly empty stomach  after 40 mins i felt like i was comming up  and felt like i was on a mild mdma  got to around the 1 hr 30 mins mark and still the same sostupiedly  i took the rest making it in total of 15g got to around the 2hr 30mins mark still nothing .around the three hour mark i started to feel rather sleepy although getting enough sleep from the night befor. So i got impatient and  smoked a pretyt big  joint  which  seemed to get me  more giggly  then ever,  never really had that. My imagination was running riot i was thinking about all sorts of things re assessing the things i am doing with my life  and such.  Visually  my eyes would go blurry  alot  and couldnt read nothing  i kicked back on my  bed  put on some Solitude with itunes visualizations on full screen and  felt relaxed but still cracking up at everything. I think the combination of the truffles and mj.

I had a packet of chewing gum which  was tatsing very good however i lost it during the night and spent ages looking for it

Overall i didnt think much of the truffles but when the season is here  im going  hunting for some liberty caps !

these truffles were ordered from avlonmagicplants. not really worth the money  but for as my first experience it was alright  probly more stoned than anything.

Edited by fortune2k (03/20/11 08:38 AM)

InvisibleAbstraKt_I_Am

Loc: Abroad.
    #14152569 - 03/20/11 07:03 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Hey man glad you had an enjoyable first trip. I too have ordered from else where atlantis truffles. Me and a friend split 18.4 g each and we tripped hard. Totally not a recreational dose. Whole time we laughed our asses off but too intense. If u go with the truffles again eat all 15g at one time and that should make a stronger difference if that's what u hope for

--------------------

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #14152590 - 03/20/11 07:13 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Aldebaran said:
I wrote this Sclerotia FAQ a while back for an Amsterdam message-board. Some of the info might be useful.

Good stuff! :thumbup:

The Mush Cult board here also has a Sclerotia FAQ for those who may wish to grow them.

15g fresh truffles would be just fine for me, but different people have different sensitivities.
And I suppose it depends on what you expect from the experience too.
But if 15 wasn't enough, try 30 next time.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Offlinefortune2k
Stranger
Re: First time (Atlantis Truffle) [Re: AbstraKt_I_Am]
    #14152764 - 03/20/11 08:41 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

AbstraKt_I_Am said:
Hey man glad you had an enjoyable first trip. I too have ordered from else where atlantis truffles. Me and a friend split 18.4 g each and we tripped hard. Totally not a recreational dose. Whole time we laughed our asses off but too intense. If u go with the truffles again eat all 15g at one time and that should make a stronger difference if that's what u hope for

I think if i do  truffles again it will be 15g all at once and  no MJ till later.  Where did you get your truffles from ?

Offlinefortune2k
Stranger
    #14153378 - 03/20/11 11:43 AM (13 years, 30 days ago)

has anyone brought atlantis truffles on the internet and had a really good time on them im looking for another supplier to try

InvisibleGhostwriter

#14153844 - 03/20/11 01:21 PM (13 years, 30 days ago)

i heard the tampanesis (sp?) truffles were the best ones

InvisibleAbstraKt_I_Am

Loc: Abroad.
    #14154365 - 03/20/11 03:00 PM (13 years, 30 days ago)

Its against the rules to source. Ill send u a pm. And no Atlantis is the strongest I think. Though theres one type rumored to be stronger Im unsure of the name.

--------------------

Offlinefortune2k
Stranger
Re: First time (Atlantis Truffle) [Re: AbstraKt_I_Am]
    #14155014 - 03/20/11 05:34 PM (13 years, 30 days ago)

ahh sorry i didnt know your not allowed to source.  SORRY SHROOMERY..

i read that Psilocybe Pajaritos  is rum ored to be stronger under some  Dragon truffle name or something, but for a first time i expeceted a little more from the truffles. I think i may try them again coz its some time till its the Season in the UK :smile:

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

#14160036 - 03/21/11 03:55 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

There is a type sold as 'Dragon's Dynamite.' The first time I tried these, they were extremely potent. I've eaten them a couple of times since then and the potency was pretty good, but not quite as strong as the first time.

:dragon:

A couple of trip reports:

15g Dragon's Dynamite Sclerotia - an indirect way to experience Egypt

20g - Psilocybe Pajateros - Dragon's Dynamite

--------------------

Offlinefortune2k
Stranger
    #14165346 - 03/22/11 03:42 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

yes i have been looking for 'Dragon's Dynamite'  but no where has it in stock :frown:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix