Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Air Stone

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Long Island
To case or not to case.... (Horse Poo)
    #1412984 - 03/27/03 03:10 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

My buddy has a couple of bulk trays that he threw together with pastuerized poo, and a few F+ cakes. He's very proud of the health, and overall vigor of these trays. Definatly the best looking bulk runs he has done so far. My question is about pinning really. He made a really big bulk run some months ago, before he took a break from growing, and it only pinned on the sides of the "cake", for lack of a better word, between the substrate and the container. He thinks that was due to lack of humidity. Now he has a much better growing setup than before. He uses a two rubbermaid, fishtank heater setup, with 4 air stones bubbling away in 4 seperate glasses. The humidity is maintaining a very high level, and as was said before, the trays are puffy white all over, with VERY nice and pronounced rhizo's. He's seen people fruit directly from poo with good results, and would basically like advice on how to achieve this, with a nice pinset. He would really like to get this down without having to case it so any help would be appreciated. Also, how big of a role does temp play in the fruiting/pinning stages? Could it be kept in the low 80's with good results?

--------------------

Edited by Floydseamus (03/27/03 03:37 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblecheesenoonions
??????????????

Re: To case or not to case.... (Horse Poo) [Re: Floydseamus]
    #1413107 - 03/27/03 04:38 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I would just try one case and the other without. check this out the first two pics are cased, the third isn't. There was very high humidity maintained (although this could be argued). The are the same batch of grain transfers. Hope this helps

InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Long Island
Re: To case or not to case.... (Horse Poo) [Re: cheesenoonions]
    #1414980 - 03/27/03 06:18 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Very nice pics your friend has there. Looks like the cased batches are doing quite better than the uncased. So that basically answers that question, although i am still open to other opinions. Thank you very much for sharing that with me. As they say, a picture speaks a thousand words. What about temp? Do you worry about that during fruiting? What were your temps?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Air Stone

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation