Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblethetechnician
 User Gallery

Drugs that MAKE you schizophrenic
    #14124567 - 03/15/11 10:59 AM (13 years, 17 days ago)

Edited by thetechnician (07/13/20 01:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlueJayWay
Stranger
Female

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Drugs that MAKE you schizophrenic [Re: thetechnician]
    #14124618 - 03/15/11 11:12 AM (13 years, 17 days ago)

I thought Adrenochrome was an urban legend.

How old is your friend? Schizophrenia usually sets in around the late 20's or early 30's if I'm remembering it right.

They don't for sure know the cause of schizophrenia; there are several hypothesis: one is that schizophrenia is a viral infection...there has been some correlation with the flu virus. There has also been a correlation between cats too if I'm not wrong, which kind of makes sense because pregnant women shouldn't be around cats. We also know that schizophrenia is somewhat heritable, that it's not isolated to a single gene, and that the genes involved are related to the genes involved with bi-polar disorder.

InvisibleToe_Jam
Bluefoot Bandit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around some corner... Flag
Re: Drugs that MAKE you schizophrenic [Re: BlueJayWay]
    #14124634 - 03/15/11 11:17 AM (13 years, 16 days ago)

Adrenochrome exists, but it is not a drug, and does not get you high in any way. Look it up on erowid. Some substances that may help in turning someone... nuts, are datura, PCP, Ketamine, LSD, Mushrooms....

--------------------
God lay his finger at the Mouth of the Serpent

March 1984

A pleasing land of drowsy head it was,
Of dreams that wave before the half-shut eye,
And of gay castles in the clouds that pass,
For ever flushing round a summer sky. -Castle of Indolence

InvisibleExcessiveSamsara
Witnessing
 User Gallery

#14124639 - 03/15/11 11:18 AM (13 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

BlueJayWay said:
There has also been a correlation between cats too if I'm not wrong, which kind of makes sense because pregnant women shouldn't be around cats.

:oogle:

--------------------
/\_/\/\__/\__/\/\/\_/\/\__/\/\___/\_/\__/\_/\/\__/\

OfflineBlueJayWay
Stranger
Female

Re: Drugs that MAKE you schizophrenic [Re: ExcessiveSamsara]
    #14124654 - 03/15/11 11:21 AM (13 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

ExcessiveSamsara said:
Quote:

BlueJayWay said:
There has also been a correlation between cats too if I'm not wrong, which kind of makes sense because pregnant women shouldn't be around cats.

Toxoplasma gondii
I honestly forget why pregnant women shouldn't be around cats, but I know I heard it from multiple places. It might be related to the same thing, iunno

Witnessing
 User Gallery

#14124661 - 03/15/11 11:23 AM (13 years, 16 days ago)

sometimes with excessive drug use, you will show symptoms relating to a traditional schizophrenic.  if he's still doing them, it is very well probable his psychosis is because of the drugs.  next time you see him, maybe a couple years from now, or whatever, he'll be off the excess intake and you'll see an improvement.  or give him a call and tell him what you think and offer to spend a week camping, hiking in the woods.  bring him back to common reality.

--------------------

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana Flag
    #14124666 - 03/15/11 11:25 AM (13 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

ExcessiveSamsara said:
Quote:

BlueJayWay said:

Wow  :jawdrop: I had to google that one. Apparently, Toxoplasmosis can cause symptoms of schizophrenia and other bipolar disorders putting unborn children from pregnant women at considerable risk.

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

Invisiblearis
Feline Bovine

Loc: dl
    #14124669 - 03/15/11 11:25 AM (13 years, 16 days ago)

rough... I have had at least 3 very important people to me go bonkers.  Its tuff when people go bonkers whether its drug caused or not.

Hang in there...

Kurt Vonnegut has written a fair amount on the subject.  Check out "palm sunday" and "fates worse then death" he talks about when his son went nuts and when he personally went nuts and was institutionalized.

His son wouldn't take the meds until they started reefing to them as vitamins.

on the opposite end of the spectrum i know someone who developed a gastro problem and od'ed on anti nausea med they prescribed her and had psychotic symptoms for two weeks. they locked her up and forced her to take  heavy psych drugs for two weeks. then she was prescribed the same drugs for a year because they still didnt know the "Regulan" had poisoned her and the new symptoms were from the heavy psych meds and benzos they had her popping....

OfflineBlueJayWay
Stranger
Female

Re: Drugs that MAKE you schizophrenic [Re: thePatient]
    #14124677 - 03/15/11 11:27 AM (13 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

schizophrenia and other bipolar disorders

Ahh, cool, I didn't know they found a correlation between toxoplasmosis and bi-polar disorder, but it makes perfect sense because the same genes are involved in bi-polar disorder and schizophrenia

Witnessing
 User Gallery

#14124714 - 03/15/11 11:34 AM (13 years, 16 days ago)

i love how researchers find correlations between one thing they cannot quite define and another thing they think might cause it.  there is hardly an acute definition of schizophrenia or the manic depressive, they are still just labels for varying forms of general psychoses. 

cats are lovely animals :sun:

--------------------

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Re: Drugs that MAKE you schizophrenic [Re: thePatient]
    #14124715 - 03/15/11 11:35 AM (13 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

thePatient said:
Quote:

ExcessiveSamsara said:
Quote:

BlueJayWay said:

Wow  :jawdrop: I had to google that one. Apparently, Toxoplasmosis can cause symptoms of schizophrenia and other bipolar disorders putting unborn children from pregnant women at considerable risk.

I would have never known anything about Toxoplasmosis had it not been for Trainspotting.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

OfflineNova

#14124717 - 03/15/11 11:35 AM (13 years, 16 days ago)

I had something very similar happen to a friend of mine. I actually have an old post on here about it if you wana read it here. He eventually came back around but that was after being in a mental institution for a good 6 months.

It seems to be related to either a combination of 'traditional' psychedelics mixed with stimulants or (and most likely) more obscure research chemicals that are part psychedelic and part stimulant (bromo-dragonfly comes to mind), potent in extremely small amounts (micrograms) and has a very long duration.

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
Re: Drugs that MAKE you schizophrenic [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #14124722 - 03/15/11 11:36 AM (13 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Is Adrenochrome an urban legend?

Yes.

:themoreyouknow:

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Invisiblethetechnician
 User Gallery

#14124727 - 03/15/11 11:37 AM (13 years, 16 days ago)

Edited by thetechnician (07/13/20 06:42 PM)

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #14124736 - 03/15/11 11:39 AM (13 years, 16 days ago)

Late teens is when schizophrenia is most likely to occur.

Drugs can help facilitate the condition, but most likely it would have appeared anyway. Same story in Syd Barrett's case.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Offline1tokeovrtheline
life=painfully beautiful
 User Gallery

Loc: innerverse&universe, surrealis...
    #14124748 - 03/15/11 11:41 AM (13 years, 16 days ago)

adrenochrome is real, but its effects are not like in fear and loathing, but it can cause some really bad effects. thats not really very likely though. The biggest ones I would be concerned about are datura/nightshade/belladonna and pcp.

--------------------

Music, business as usual
Mi' spliff and Guiness as usual
Highgrade we puffin as usual
Fight down the system as usual
The system fight we down as usual
The cops dem a watch we as usual
And a we a watch the cops as usual

OfflineMoronicus
smokehousebacon.
Male

Re: Drugs that MAKE you schizophrenic [Re: 1tokeovrtheline]
    #14124793 - 03/15/11 01:00 PM (13 years, 16 days ago)

Meth makes people seem like they're schizo. The other day a black lady was near this courthouse and she was waving her arms around screaming at traffic and looking inside cars only to find something wrong with it to yell at it for. She looked at me, so I 'looked' at my non-existent watch and walked faster.

Then some lady at the liquor store with extremely pinned chameleon eyes was asking me for change, I gave her 25 cents and walked to the gun store.

--------------------

BACON RANCH, FUCK YEAH

A post about m00nshine

Anonymous #6 said:
Yes, it is. The shine stands for his job title, which is Shoe Shiner, the moon stands for the time he comes out to be a nigger, which is best suited for the negroid camouflage.

Offlinetripp23
Kratom Freak
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida, US
Re: Drugs that MAKE you schizophrenic [Re: 1tokeovrtheline]
    #14124844 - 03/15/11 01:10 PM (13 years, 16 days ago)

i had a friend tht recently went to the hospital for schizophrenia. he used to be completly normal from what i remember. just alittle spacy/bubbly, you know.. but he got into drugs real bad, alotta x and weed and he smoked crack a few times. im not too positive of what else hes done but..

this last year.. he claims he "quit" drugs n would only drink n smoke tht k2 shit. the synthetic JWH chemicals. before he would smoke the k2, he would be somewhat normal and you could actually have a decent conversation with him. but once that k2 reached his brain, his sentences would drag and he would basically just says what evers on his mind. you would ask him a question n he would just ignore it and say whats on his mind instead.  his sentences would trail off, unfinished and they would drag like almost as if there was a block in his head restraining him from connecting his sentences.

very scary stuff. hes gotten alittle better but hes still pretty out there.

Edit: also i want to add. he would mumble to himself alotta the times which really creeped me out. but anyways, he once took a.. like 70mg vyvanse or w/e. you guys kno wut im talking about.. and he thought wayyyy so much more clearly. like.. he was his old self, its soooo crazy what drugs can do to people. then the next day afterr it wore off, he was back to his "slower" self so to speak. just kinda wanted to include tht for more info.

--------------------
Experience my nightmarish first time of smoking Ganja!

Edited by tripp23 (03/15/11 01:13 PM)

Invisibleifoundwaldo

Loc: Denver, CO Flag
Re: Drugs that MAKE you schizophrenic [Re: Moronicus]
    #14124851 - 03/15/11 01:11 PM (13 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Moronicus said:
Meth makes people seem like they're schizo. The other day a black lady was near this courthouse and she was waving her arms around screaming at traffic and looking inside cars only to find something wrong with it to yell at it for. She looked at me, so I 'looked' at my non-existent watch and walked faster.

Then some lady at the liquor store with extremely pinned chameleon eyes was asking me for change, I gave her 25 cents and walked to the gun store.

Because random homeless people on the street are a representative cross section of meth users?

I'd postulate that uppers can exacerbate bipolar disorders; I've seen a girl go off the deep end first hand from meth.
I suppose they could probably accelerate schizophrenia symptoms as well.

Schizophrenia is usually linked with psychedelic use though.
I would guess this if he ended up with the rainbow family for a short time.

--------------------

OfflineMoronicus
smokehousebacon.
Male

Re: Drugs that MAKE you schizophrenic [Re: ifoundwaldo]
    #14124876 - 03/15/11 01:18 PM (13 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

ifoundwaldo said:
Quote:

Moronicus said:

Because random homeless people on the street are a representative cross section of meth users?

I'd postulate that uppers can exacerbate bipolar disorders; I've seen a girl go off the deep end first hand from meth.
I suppose they could probably accelerate schizophrenia symptoms as well.

Schizophrenia is usually linked with psychedelic use though.
I would guess this if he ended up with the rainbow family for a short time.

Obviously you have never been to the courthouse I've been to. Plus, my areas been getting hit with a meth epidemic for the past 2 years, also they had pick/track marks on them, there are many signs they had with meth usage...so, before you even try to comment on my post you might wanna have a chat with the 5 people that are hooked on meth that I once considered 'friends'... :bored:

--------------------

BACON RANCH, FUCK YEAH

A post about m00nshine

Anonymous #6 said:
Yes, it is. The shine stands for his job title, which is Shoe Shiner, the moon stands for the time he comes out to be a nigger, which is best suited for the negroid camouflage.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates