Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCynosure
allow me to be your guide.
 User Gallery

Black Pine Bonsai;
    #14119965 - 03/15/11 12:33 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Hey there,

For my birthday I acquired lots of goodies for my first garden to be started here shortly!  I'm very excited

Included with those goodies were some Japanese black pine seeds.  It came in a growing kit (:lol:) but unfortunately the kit didn't have any proper instructions.  I'd like this to grow without error, but am unable to find sources on starting the trees from seed.

Inside the kit are 4 round disks (coir?), the seeds, and a pot.  I'm assuming I just pour hot water on the disks (although it doesn't say to) and plant the puppies.. but I'd feel better germinating them properly!

Any suggestions, ideas, or links that I may have missed?

--------------------
"You can peel it [language] off the ceiling and make it dance in front of you" - McKenna

<3 .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToltecatl
Psychonaut
Male

Loc: Tardis
Re: Black Pine Bonsai; [Re: Cynosure]
    #14120050 - 03/15/11 12:52 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

The first thing you need to do is buy at least 2-3 books on Bonsai. I got mine from Half Price Books. Make sure it is written by a Japanese bonsai grower or at least endorsed by the Japanese Bonsai Association. I've never bought a "Bonsai Kit" as I find it to be a waste of money since seeds and cuttings are free in nature and it's much easier to grow a species native to your area. I've always started with the seed directly in the soil, keeping it moist but not "wet". If you read some bonsai books they will give you a very good idea on what soil to use and how to layer it. Some species may take months before the sprout pokes through the dirt, so patience is key. That is the number one thing you will learn from growing bonsai. But above all, read, read, read. I can't stress enough how important it is to educate yourself on this subject before any undertaking. Good luck and PM if you have any other questions down the line!

--------------------

OfflineCynosure
allow me to be your guide.
 User Gallery

Re: Black Pine Bonsai; [Re: Toltecatl]
    #14120080 - 03/15/11 12:57 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Many thanks!

I was hoping for internet articles, guides, etc.. but I will head over to the library and check out Amazon for some books.

Patience is something I have a lot of; I will hit you up if I get stuck along the way! =)

--------------------
"You can peel it [language] off the ceiling and make it dance in front of you" - McKenna

<3 .

Offlinefungivore
Son of Nun
Male User Gallery

Re: Black Pine Bonsai; [Re: Cynosure]
    #14120160 - 03/15/11 01:15 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
"His job is to shed light
And not to master."

OfflineMikeallojee
Coolaid smile
Male User Gallery

Loc: SW WA
Re: Black Pine Bonsai; [Re: fungivore]
    #14125895 - 03/16/11 01:51 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I got a kit three years ago. It said it was a sequoia but looking at it now it looks more like a black pine. I did as the kit said I used the coir and germinated the seed. It worked well...kinda. Only one seed out of 10 germinated. I agree with what was already writen read read read and get a couple good books. If you don't have the cash there is plent of info on the web. myc

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order