Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSevHoeSev

Loc: 707 - Napa
night vs. day ..?
    #1411964 - 03/26/03 05:05 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

ight.. ive never ate mushrooms during the day because i never thought it would be as good as it is at night.. but the other day my freind said it was off the hook during the day and he said he likes it better then at night.. and sense ive never tripped during the day i want to ask you shroomers which you prefer better? and why? thanks

7Hoe7.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: night vs. day ..? [Re: SevHoeSev]
    #1413058 - 03/27/03 04:06 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

night more visual, day less scary.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Offlinemesq
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: night vs. day ..? [Re: Bilge]
    #1414221 - 03/27/03 12:36 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

During the day is good for observing the beautiful colours of nature...witnessing trees breathe... watcing animals watching clouds...less scary..

Nightime is for the real visuals, inner exploration and more quiet, plus the beauty of the stars...

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1414869 - 03/27/03 05:36 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Both have there positive sides. I typically find myself tripping durning the night, but the times I'm able to trip durning the day are amazing. I'm able to observe things by the light of the sun that I would never be able to see at night.

If you get the chance to trip on a clear night on a new moon and all the stars are out . . . there are just no words to describe how amazing it is. On the other hand, during the day where you have big puffy clouds in the sky. . . it's just as amazing as the stars are.

You can walk in the woods during that day and you'll be absolutly in awe of the nature around you. At night, if weather doesn't permit you to venture outside, you can sit in a dark room and be just as awed by the visuals your mind creates for you.

You will feel safer outside during the day as opposed to the night. But sometimes you can go places during the night while tripping while you can't go during the day.

So basically, I believe you'll enjoy your trip no matter what time of day you choose to trip. You really won't be able to get a good feel on what time of day is good to trip from our feedback. The best way to figure out is just to try it out for yourself. What works for one, many times doesn't work for other.

Enjoy yourself and be safe.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineDamn
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: night vs. day ..? [Re: djd586]
    #1415061 - 03/27/03 06:51 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

ive always triped in the night, tomorrow around 2pm ill be dosing my first 3.5gram day trip. wish me luck

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #1432413 - 04/05/03 10:55 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

djd586 made some great comments, all of which I agree with.  Personally, I enjoy planning trips which start around mid-afternoon and begin to peak around sunset or at night beginning in a "safe house" or some nice calm place for the comeup, and then proceeding on some adventure either at a beach or forest on a clear night - any place with a pleasant view or atmosphere.

I've always wanted to dose in the early morning hours and begin the peak at sunrise, but have yet to accomplish this feat.

Either way any way is good so long as you're in a good mind set and comfortable setting :cool:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: night vs. day ..? [Re: geokills]
    #1432650 - 04/06/03 12:55 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I agree. my favorite trip was when we ate at 4-ish, and peaked during sunset. the arizona sunsets are simply breathtaking, just listen to The Orb - Little Fluffy Clouds. you get the best of both worlds, and literally... once the sun goes down the world changes, and you are in a different place.
day=nature, sun, outrospection (a word?)
night=stars, introspection

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: night vs. day ..? [Re: Blastrid]
    #1433315 - 04/06/03 01:19 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I've tripped at night everytime cept once, but that was w/ some weak stuff and it wasn't that great...I blame the drug not the day. I'm gonna give daytime another try cuz I think I'd be cool, I'll let you know how that turns out probably next weekend :wink:

Offlinemarcosbj
Harmony, theequilibrium

Loc: Brazil
Re: night vs. day ..? [Re: DailyPot]
    #1433681 - 04/06/03 05:12 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

for me, a night trip is really far away from my reality.....
when there's too much fear, the mind can make unwished detours.....

besides, Brazil during daylight is INCREDIBLE......

--------------------
www.cogumelosmagicos.org

The Magic Mushrooms in Portuguese.

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: night vs. day ..? [Re: geokills]
    #1434104 - 04/06/03 09:16 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

My most intense trip to date peaked during sunrise. My friend and i went out to the mountains at about 4:00am and dosed 7 grams with some sangria wine. Divine breakfast! We sat in an ancient dry riverbed during our come up and peak. It defies description. I kept expecting it to get darker as i lost hold but finally the SUN broke through the clouds! Strangely, i had zero afterglow following that wonderously terrifying peak. I think it was directly related to the time i tripped.

Invisiblefunkymonk
Get's down, withthe get-down.
 User Gallery

Loc: saskatchewan
Re: night vs. day ..? [Re: Viveka]
    #1434206 - 04/06/03 09:55 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i like night, defiantly more of a trip

Offlinehighwayman
long hair, butno hippie

Re: night vs. day ..? [Re: Blastrid]
    #1434243 - 04/06/03 10:07 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Hey, Blastrid. Where do you go to trip in AZ? Been a couple years since I've had the chance to take it out to nature. I agree those sunsets are just amazing. I've spent quite a few evenings in the desert out in Apache Junction on the way to Safford watching the sun go down and myself come up. Anyway, as you guys can see, I'm all about the dark. Just need enough light to collect wood and start a campfire.

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: night vs. day ..? [Re: highwayman]
    #1435203 - 04/07/03 04:22 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Well, I'm down in Tucson now, but I've tripped in Phoenix too. Up there my buddy had a gorgeous backyard with grass and stuff and rarely a parental presence. I've also been to the salt river, right as you get out of Fountain Hills. kinda creepy tho, cuz there's lots of rattlesnakes.

down here I'm on my own, so we either go to a park in town or have driven into the mountains west of town. They have a VERY strong light ordinance, because UofA has a big astronomy department. The lights have to be pretty dim, esp around campus. IMO, the sunsets in tucson are fucking breathtaking, better than phoenix. I cannot count the times my jaw has been on the ground from what i've seen at dusk while even sober.

Another trip I've had was in northern AZ by ShowLow/Pinetop. It was at Hawley Lake, in the middle of the woods. beautiful.
Oh, and another was Sedona. TRIP IN SEDONA!!!! TRIP IN SEDONA!!!! the environment just begs you to. there's a ton of metaphysical shops where you can get a cool trip toy, but watch out cuz they'll suck your money away. gorgeous red rocks, peaceful creek... I never could've imagined the vibe from nature up there. Everything is so alive and brilliantly speaking to you. go. Now!

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Edited by Blastrid (04/07/03 04:28 AM)

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
    #1444723 - 04/09/03 11:32 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

it all depends... I like it at night when everything is quiet.. I plan on getting nuked this weekend and listen to surround sound and surf the net.. ;D

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Offlinetastyshroom
Mr.Shroom
Male

Loc: Washington
Re: night vs. day ..? [Re: Macey Howard]
    #1445586 - 04/10/03 04:02 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Definintly sunset..
Then you can experience both qualities
I think day time is really fun too and if you wanna experience a night like wuality just go into a drak room
But since in my area stars dont come out much so i usually dont trip night time to go outside

--------------------
Perspective on life always changes

OfflinePsilozero
StonedGuitar/BassPlayer

Loc: mile high
Re: night vs. day ..? [Re: tastyshroom]
    #1447399 - 04/10/03 06:28 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Like everyone else has said, they both have their positive aspects. I have tripped during both times. Nature during the daytime is amazing to watch, while night time brings much more visuals and possibility for a crazier trip.

--------------------
http://myspace.com/thevoid

OfflineLa_La_Land
PF Teker

Loc: Canada
Re: night vs. day ..? [Re: Psilozero]
    #1448415 - 04/11/03 01:09 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

For me I find it depends on whom I will be tripping with. If it is a bunch of friends then I like to go for the 4pmish start and trip into the early night. But the best trip I ever had was at night, me and this girl, we ate 3.5g each of these shrooms that were stained blue and very potent... then took a long walk on the beach. The night was so clear and the stars were something beyond stellar. The cool summer nights breeze, combined with the waves, sand and the stars is just so powerfully awesome.

--------------------
"If you don't do it this year, you'll just be one year older when you do."

-Warren Miller

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports