Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: War people, why do you support the war? [Re: Phred]
    #1411801 - 03/26/03 02:12 PM (21 years, 8 days ago)

How would it mean anything different at all? Hitler was not threatening the US. Saddam was not threatening the US. Hitler had no possible way of invading the US. Saddam has no possible way of invading the US.

hitler was a threat to the world, his army was 4 times the power of any other country. he was working towards global domination. saddam is poor, has a weak military and poses no threat to the shores of the united states. sorry, no analogy. if you compare hitler with bush, then there are similiarities. bush is attacking a sovereign country that poses no threat to the united states. hitler did the same thing, except that country was called poland.

hitler made his people believe the jews were going to destroy germany, got the people riled up for war, and lead them to their destruction. bush wants people to think terrorists will destroy the u.s. he like hitler has gotten them riled up, and now they want war. hitler deceived his people into believing war was the answer, that somehow invading a country was justified. and i'm sad to say, the people of america have also been deceived, they believe that war will solve this problem and any other problem that comes their way. nevermind the problems that were started because of the wars that were meant to fix the problems that other wars have caused. its a never ending cycle. throughout the history of man, conquerors and dictators have massed armies to play into their game of greed. one day we will stop blindly following our leaders and stand up for humanity and realize that wars will only lead to more wars. no better time than now, stand up and stop this war.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #1411810 - 03/26/03 02:16 PM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Or mine. But I was responding to silversoul7, remember?

It's a public forum, remember?If you want to have a personal conversation with silversoul then do it with PM's.

Quote:

Hussein had occupied Kuwait for christ's sake!

He was driven out awhile ago if you remember. Saddam was already driven out.

Quote:

What way was that? How, in 1945, or even 1955 or even 1965, was Hitler going to cross the ocean with an invasion force sizeable enough to be trouble to the US?

Hitler ,unlike saddam, would have had nuclear weapons.

Also,How are we able to cross an ocean and be trouble to anyone so far away?

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: War people, why do you support the war? [Re: ]
    #1411828 - 03/26/03 02:20 PM (21 years, 8 days ago)

LoOnEr writes:

hitler was a threat to the world...

Nope. He was a threat to Europe. He was no threat to North America.

he was working towards global domination.

Nope. He would have been content with Europe and maybe Russia.

saddam is poor, has a weak military and poses no threat to the shores of the united states.

Hitler posed no threat to the shores of the United States.

hitler made his people believe... blah blah blah... they believe that war will solve this problem and any other problem that comes their way.... one day we will stop blindly following our leaders and stand up for humanity and realize that wars will only lead to more wars. no better time than now, stand up and stop this war.

All of the above could have been applied with equal validity to the question of whether or not the US should have invaded Germany. No difference whatsoever. None.

pinky

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: War people, why do you support the war? [Re: sirreal]
    #1411843 - 03/26/03 02:27 PM (21 years, 8 days ago)

sirreal writes:

It's a public forum, remember?If you want to have a personal conversation with silversoul then do it with PM's.

I wasn't saying you couldn't join in, I was merely pointing out that silversoul7 felt a war wasn't justified against a country which posed no threat to the US. I never said YOU had the same criteria.

You don't know that. At the time the US entered the war, nobody had nuclear weapons. Hell, nobody even knew if nuclear weapons were possible. You can't try to claim that the possibility of Hitler someday having nuclear weapons was a consideration for joining the war, because it wasn't.

Also,How are we able to cross an ocean and be trouble to anyone so far away?

Becuase today there are such things as jet-powered military aircraft capable of carrying hundreds at a time, and nuclear powered aircraft carriers capable of carrying thousands at a time. Neither existed in 1941.

pinky

--------------------

Anonymous

#1411848 - 03/26/03 02:29 PM (21 years, 8 days ago)

All of the above could have been applied with equal validity to the question of whether or not the US should have invaded Germany. No difference whatsoever. None.

united states was attacked by japan. japan was allied with germany. at this point, its simple military strategy. the u.s was attacked, and war was justified. defeating the germans became a military objective. not a case of justified invasion.

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #1411871 - 03/26/03 02:36 PM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

You don't know that. At the time the US entered the war, nobody had nuclear weapons. Hell, nobody even knew if nuclear weapons were possible. You can't try to claim that the possibility of Hitler someday having nuclear weapons was a consideration for joining the war, because it wasn't.

The first bomb was dropped in the summer of 1945 i believe. July I think. How long had they been working on this technology? I thought the German scientists were close to having one. I thought there was like a race going on and that was part of the reason we decided to get involved. This is a question. I am going to look into this.

It would not have been wise to let Germany fulfill it's plans. In my opinion the war against germany was justified. Alot more than this war.

--------------------
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: War people, why do you support the war? [Re: sirreal]
    #1411902 - 03/26/03 02:46 PM (21 years, 8 days ago)

sirreal writes:

How long had they been working on this technology?

Look up the Manhattan Project.

It would not have been wise to let Germany fulfill it's plans. In my opinion the war against germany was justified.

I agree. However, it was not justified (nor did anyone ever try to justify it) by saying that Hitler was a threat to the US. He wasn't.

pinky

--------------------

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #1411933 - 03/26/03 02:56 PM (21 years, 8 days ago)

I will look that up.

Also, didn't alot of technology come out of WW2? Weren't the German scientists developing alot of this technology during this time? If we had not stopped Germany when we did wouldn't they have produced alot of the same technology that we did? Didn't we know this when we decided to fight?

--------------------
-----------

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1412127 - 03/26/03 04:00 PM (21 years, 8 days ago)

You seem to contradict yourself, in one breath, you claim :

Quote:

Nope. He would have been content with Europe and maybe Russia.

Which, from all I can tell, is speculation, and in the next breath you put down someone else's speculation with this:
Quote:

When we became involved in WWII, Hitler was in the midsts of not only killing millions of jews, but he was also on his way to conquering Europe. Saddam, while guilty of genocide, is not in the middle of conquering his surrounding neighbors. He is, for all intents and purposes, contained. That is the difference between him and Hitler. I still stand by my guns that this war is not our business.

Oh, and if stopping genocide is such a high priority (not saying that you said this, just some deductions that I gathered from your posts, sorry if they are incorrect) why the hell did we let the massacre in Rwanda go on for so long?

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: War people, why do you support the war? [Re: silversoul7]
    #1412207 - 03/26/03 04:33 PM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Also, I support other means of removing Saddam other than war(such as covert action and training resistance groups, etc.)

Like we did with the Talliban?

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

OfflineoDin
Re: War people, why do you support the war? [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1412257 - 03/26/03 05:05 PM (21 years, 8 days ago)

a thing for all to remember is that how the US interacted with iraq and saddam in the 80's was due to the fact of a cold war and a hatred for Iran. many of you are too young too remember such things. and i suppose almost all of us cant remember the last world war when a ruthless dictator was allowed to amass much power. the reason i post this because

1. history repeats itself although mankind never seems to figure this

2. in the cold war many things were acceptable for the cause...this was done by BOTH sides. sometimes i think its all just a fad to hate America.

3.the vast majority of the people that are old enough to remember WWII (from the US at least)are in favor of this action. so i don't know...perhaps they have been through alot and have much more wisdom than the majority of us soft, spoiled whiny warm weather fans that are the people of today.....me included.

i have second thoughts about this thing all the time thats human nature. but thus far i support the war for the various reasonable reasons listed by others. many nights i have butterflies in my stomach...sometimes just sit there with my face in my hands and think....i pray that the end justifies the means.

nothing but good vibes....this forum scares me

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: War people, why do you support the war? [Re: oDin]
    #1412269 - 03/26/03 05:13 PM (21 years, 8 days ago)

I feel ya.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: War people, why do you support the war? [Re: oDin]
    #1412295 - 03/26/03 05:26 PM (21 years, 8 days ago)

1. history repeats itself although mankind never seems to figure this

yes, and war has been repeated over and over again with no peace in sight, yet it is promised everytime.

3.the vast majority of the people that are old enough to remember WWII (from the US at least)are in favor of this action. so i don't know...perhaps they have been through alot and have much more wisdom than the majority of us soft, spoiled whiny warm weather fans that are the people of today.....me included.

war saved their generation. they feel pride in their accomplishments through war. of course they will resort to war to solve their problems. i realize they have wisdom, but only in respect to their world. its my generation now, and i won't stand for war being the answer. we can have a new start at peace, one where wars don't promise it. i refuse to sit back and let my generation be dictated by warfare.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1412296 - 03/26/03 05:27 PM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Hussein was very aggressive. He attacked and tried to invade Iran

With the complete and total support of the US remember.

I agree. However, it was not justified (nor did anyone ever try to justify it) by saying that Hitler was a threat to the US

Actually the US only declared war on Japan. It was Hitler who declared war on the US.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: War people, why do you support the war? [Re: Xlea321]
    #1412309 - 03/26/03 05:32 PM (21 years, 8 days ago)

With the complete and total support of the US remember.

At the time we did not see Saddam as a threat. I don't think he was, so we helped defend his country against aggressors who just plain wanted to take Iraq over. AND noone bitched at Russia for starting this war like countries are at America now...WTF? .....and we aren't even fighting to conquer!

:mad:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Edited by Murex (03/26/03 05:34 PM)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: War people, why do you support the war? [Re: Murex]
    #1412314 - 03/26/03 05:35 PM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Iraq invaded Iran.

He was using chemical weapons (supplied by the US) on a regular basis in those days. Makes the argument about "He has chemical weapons now and may use them one day so we must drop 3000 missiles on Baghdad" sound a little hollow doesn't it.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: War people, why do you support the war? [Re: Xlea321]
    #1412323 - 03/26/03 05:39 PM (21 years, 8 days ago)

rehashing a hollow dirty hands theory is what sounds hollow.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: War people, why do you support the war? [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1412335 - 03/26/03 05:44 PM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Do you apply this theory to all aspects of your life? If someone who murdered your wife and child 20 years ago applied for a job as a care assistant for your current child would you say "Of course. The dirty hands theory doesn't apply here you know".

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: War people, why do you support the war? [Re: fleshofgods]
    #1412682 - 03/26/03 07:59 PM (21 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

can you honestly say that you dont believe that saddam is dangerous to our country?

Well wheres the evidence? The US are a much bigger threat to Iraq than they are to you. The US and UK have been bombing Iraq for the last 12 years FACT.
The US have blocked humanitarian aid which was approved by all other countries so causing death of genocidal proportions in Iraq FACT
The US is entering an energy crisis and needs to make sure that there will be an uninterrupted supply of ol from one of the last big reserves on the planet FACT

Quote:

For CHRIST sakes he used chemical warfare on his own people.

Sold to him by the west and this was an action that went unpunished at the time. Ever heard of Agent Orange?

Quote:

So I say bomb them all to pieces. They are breeding hate over there and raising their children to hate the United States!

Source? The arabs dont hate the west as a matter of course. The average taliban didnt either. A documentary made prior to the attack on Afghanistan showed that they were friendly, hospitable and curious of westerners. You probabaly hate Arabs more than alot of them would ever hate you.

Quote:

9-11!

Whats that got to do with Iraq?

Spiritual visionary? close minded bigot more like.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1412685 - 03/26/03 08:01 PM (21 years, 7 days ago)

how you could ever compare the current situation with WWII is beyond me. There is absolutely no comparison.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom