Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegoldenora
Psychonaut inTraining

GoldenOra's first run... EQ's/Malabar PF Tek (Simple)
    #1409692 - 03/25/03 05:53 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

hi im goldenora, a pet spider monkey owned by a British lady with quite the bright inner city tan...  ive been quite interested in trying/growing my own shrooms for a long time both gourmet and magiqal so i figured i have some time on my hands in this silly bathroom cabinet and the journey has begun...  i have ripped through the FAQs and tutorials i feel im ready and anxious....

03/26/03 - Purchased & Organized Supplies/Ordered Spores
  1 syringe of Equador  (TLG)
  1  syringe of Malabar (freebie)
  long grain brown rice 4lb
  vermiculate (medium-fine organic) 12lbs worth  :confused: $9.98
  large sterlite container clear/solid lid
  meat loaf oven tins (casing) 6 for .75 
  Perlite
  plastic coleander (drying)
  DampRid container

Large 120CFM Server grade sunon fan for drying (freebie)
  Chef Design 11.6PSi PC (freebie)

need to get:
- Half Pint Jars
- Screen to place over perlite (keep cakes/casings/stuff in general out of the wet  perlite
- Lysol/Rubbing Alcohol

QUESTIONS:

i want to go through a full cycle of this hobby im starting with purchased needles but want to case in my first run and want to take spore prints of both my strains and make my own needles for the next grow...

is the tek for printing where prints are placed in a jar (jar tek?) any good??
i have ALOT of vermiculate, how can i put this stuff to use??
whats a recomended casing tek??
what case gets the most bang??
I want to case after atleast 1 flush, or should i wait till the cakes dont flush anymore, or after the 1st, 2nd, 3rd flush??
can i re-use the needles im getting i assume so people sterilize them??
would a major supermarket carry the jars??  i know they carry 'mason jars'

IS THERE ANYTHING IM MISSING??  spores should be here by monday worst case :smile:

thank you...

--------------------
You are what you eat..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCultyVader
Dark SporeApprentice

Re: GoldenOra's first run... EQ's/Malabar PF Tek (Simple) [Re: goldenora]
    #1409733 - 03/25/03 06:07 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

You need a coffe grinder to get good brown rice powder
Also id recomend you case before anything fruits I always though that youre cakes have a very limited amount of nutrients and casing does not add any, so fruiting while still in cake form would be a waste of time. Vermiculite is good in moderation i think. I would mix coco coir (found at pet stores as a type of reptile bedding its in hard brown blocks) with the vermiculite to make an excellent casing. Also your Pressure Cooker is not technically up to snuff (many say you need at least 15 psi) but im pretty sure mine isnt either and i havent had any problems i usually pc for about 40 minutes.

Offlinegoldenora
Psychonaut inTraining

Re: GoldenOra's first run... EQ's/Malabar PF Tek (Simple) [Re: CultyVader]
    #1409751 - 03/25/03 06:13 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i have a food processor??  the ones for chopping food, i use it for my coffee...  :smile:  should work i think.

what casing tek would you recomend 50/50, 60/40?

i was planning on PCing my jars for about 60minutes...  maybe 90?

--------------------
You are what you eat..

OfflineCultyVader
Dark SporeApprentice

#1409764 - 03/25/03 06:18 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Mycophile says 25 % vermiculite 75% coco coir . Ived usesd peat moss but i hate it and i just bought a whole bunch of coco coir to prove it.
90 minutes is too long IMO Try one at 40 and the rest long just to see what your pc can handle.

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #1409812 - 03/25/03 06:49 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Grow Log
Tek : PF
Strain : South American [SA]
Spore's : Came from homemade prints. 36 total jars to be injected.
Substrait :Brown Rice Flour [BRF] and Vermaculite [Verm] 36 jars------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 10:15 PM 3/4/03 : Project is started. Jar prep is just putting small holes in the lids for the spore syringe and then taping them closed until inoculation. Tape used is the standard black electrical tape. First batch of jars is mixed. The mix used is 2 parts verm, 1 part water, and 1 part brf. [ This mix is the max fruiting formula by PF.] Mix is put into 1/2 pint canning jars lightly, not packed in, left it airy. Put substrait in until it reaches the threads of the jar, then add dry verm the rest of the way.
Jars are PCd at 10psi or 240f for a period of 45 minutes. Then jars were left to sit overnight to cool.

8:39 PM 3/5/2003 : First batch of jars injected. (24 jars)

10:04 AM 3/6/2003 : Incubator is running to low 77F. Gonna turn it up today.

5:45 PM 3/6/2003 : Second batch of jars is in the PC will be injected tommrow. Turned up incubator runs at 83F. 86F is the best and if the incubator is 83F and myc growing in the jars are suppose to create a little heat I figure this should work out well.

1:11 PM 3/7/2003 : Second batch of jars is done. (12 jars)

12:10 PM 3/9/2003 : Jars are doing good, no signs of contams

2:54 AM 3/19/2003 : Tape removed from the holes today and coffee filters put over the top of the jars for added protection. Holes were opened so the CO2 in the jars could escape. I gave 12 jars to a friend who kept fucking up. 24 jars about 75%done.

12:13 PM 3/22/2003 : Well it's saturday and the jars will probably be done by the 25th. So it was 36 jars. 12 were given to a friend, 24 done by tuesday.

10:26 PM 3/23/2003 : 15 jars were done enough to put into dunk. I dunk and cold shock before birthing and after every flush. The other 9 jars have a spot the size of a pea that has to be coverd so I'll do those on the 25th.

7:17 PM 3/24/2003 : 15 jars put into the pod. Put in and put a layer of dry verm on top. With geolite I just put the cakes on it. With some other chambers I put the cake on a lid filled with verm. This is done to give the shrooms on the bottom and the top of the cake some added moisture.
The other 9 jars just finished so I'm gonna give them a couple more days to make sure the middle of the cake is done.

The cakes haven't flushed yet so that is why I've haven't posted it before

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinegoldenora
Psychonaut inTraining

Re: GoldenOra's first run... EQ's/Malabar PF Tek (Simple) [Re: Magash]
    #1411464 - 03/26/03 11:34 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

thanks Magash good overview...

say is incubation needed at 86degrees??  i dont have any form *i can think of* to heat my terrarium...  the temp in my home is 73-75degrees all the time....

03/26/03

i grabbed a few odds and ends today...  spray bottle, frying pan splatter screen (fan drying), thermomoter/hydrometer 3 bux at K-mart, half pint jars funny how they cost 6 bucks for a dozen but its only 7.50 for a dozen pint jars...  'coco coir' from Bed-A-Beast about 3.99 at pet smart...  ill be doing the 60/40 casing tek by road kill....

i only have space for 6 'meat loaf tins' casing containers in my terrarium each casing will have two cakes...  what this means for me is i will only be able to inoc 12 jars at a time...  i would like to use both of my syringes...  what i figure is use 1 syringe, 12 jars, once they are done and flushed ill start over with the new syringe...

how long does a casing take to expire its flushes??  im worried as i hear a syringe is only viable for about 30 days...  any truth?

and for those wonderings no i cant buy a new terrarium it would mean, another therm/hydrometer, more perlite, and more jars, more maintenance for my first run also :smile:  so any help is appreciated....

--------------------
You are what you eat..

Offlinefleshofgods
SpiritualVisionary
Loc: In a daze . . .
    #1411529 - 03/26/03 12:09 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

this do0ds pet iguana is gonna make his incubator pretty soon except he is using a 50 watt aquarium heater. Do you think this will be enough to heat the water and make the incubator at around 80-83 degrees?

--------------------
Holler!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale