Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
Let Freedom Ring
    #1410602 - 03/26/03 05:38 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Fourteen civilians died and another 30 were injured in Baghdad when a shopping area was hit during an air raid by US-led coalition forces, the Iraqi authorities say.

The BBC's Andrew Gilligan, at the scene in the northern Shaab district of the city, says it appears that two missiles hit a busy parade of shops, several hundred metres from any military buildings.

Article

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Let Freedom Ring [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #1410607 - 03/26/03 05:40 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Unfortunately our technology is not perfect.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Anonymous

Re: Let Freedom Ring [Re: z@z.com]
    #1410610 - 03/26/03 05:41 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

neither is our morality.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: Let Freedom Ring [Re: ]
    #1410615 - 03/26/03 05:42 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

I won't argue with that. Everyone on this planet has morality problems.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

#1410628 - 03/26/03 05:45 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Yeah, never mind all the innocents that die in YOUR name.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #1410635 - 03/26/03 05:46 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1410640 - 03/26/03 05:48 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

I doubt he does either.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #1410650 - 03/26/03 05:51 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

There used to be a t-shirt for things like that. It said "Shit happens".

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Re: Let Freedom Ring [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1410694 - 03/26/03 06:03 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

dbl post

Edited by dee_N_ae (03/26/03 06:04 AM)

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Re: Let Freedom Ring [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1410697 - 03/26/03 06:03 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

"Liberation Happens"

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

#1410733 - 03/26/03 06:15 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here.

You're a tax paying citizen of the U.S.A, correct?
This is our tax dollars at work.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #1410871 - 03/26/03 07:08 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

I happen to believe that this preemptive strike will avoid future civilian deaths. I must admit however that this is almost entirely speculation.

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #1410898 - 03/26/03 07:17 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

That is completely illogical...by the same notion, a pre-emptive strike on George Bush would avoid more war..when in reality it would only create more.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: Let Freedom Ring [Re: Rono]
    #1410907 - 03/26/03 07:20 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

It is a documented fact that Saddam kills his own people. I didn't say it would prevent war, I said it would prevent more civilian deaths in the long run.

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#1410920 - 03/26/03 07:26 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

It is a documented fact that Saddam kills his own people

Ever heard of Waco?...

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1410924 - 03/26/03 07:28 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

I'm sick of hearing about how Saddam kills his own people as if that's why we're there.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1410940 - 03/26/03 07:33 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Quote:

It is a documented fact that Saddam kills his own people

Ever heard of Waco?...

Ever hear of Klinton?

And while any dying at Waco was too many, it hardly compares to this.....
"DOING the arithmetic is an imprecise venture. The largest number of deaths attributable to Mr. Hussein's regime resulted from the war between Iraq and Iran between 1980 and 1988, which was launched by Mr. Hussein. Iraq says its own toll was 500,000, and Iran's reckoning ranges upward of 300,000. Then there are the casualties in the wake of Iraq's 1990 occupation of Kuwait. Iraq's official toll from American bombing in that war is 100,000 ? surely a gross exaggeration ? but nobody contests that thousands of Iraqi soldiers and civilians were killed in the American campaign to oust Mr. Hussein's forces from Kuwait. In addition, 1,000 Kuwaitis died during the fighting and occupation in their country.

Casualties from Iraq's gulag are harder to estimate. Accounts collected by Western human rights groups from Iraqi ?migr?s and defectors have suggested that the number of those who have "disappeared" into the hands of the secret police, never to be heard from again, could be 200,000. As long as Mr. Hussein remains in power, figures like these will be uncheckable, but the huge toll is palpable nonetheless."

http://www.iraq.net/erica/news-e/archives/00001146.htm

To even attempt to compare the two is at best..... disingenuous.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1410947 - 03/26/03 07:34 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

If it was coalition missiles, than it is certainly a set back for the coalition and by the same token it was obviously not on purpose

dee,
According to Aldous, no American should get credit for this. But thanks for pointing out that it is those American tax dollars that pay for the precision ordinance that is saving thousands of lives every day. Obviously they are not perfect but when it comes to war, no other country puts as much effort and money into trying to prevent necessary loss of life.

While your at it, where does most money for humanitarian and releif orgs come from? Who forgives the most 3rd world debt? Heres a clue, it isn't France, Germany, or Russia. It isn't even filthy rich oil producing countries.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #1410951 - 03/26/03 07:35 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Yes I have heard of waco. It was a terrible thing, but that hardly applys to what is happening here.

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Re: Let Freedom Ring [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1410974 - 03/26/03 07:42 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

I see...Killing your own people is okay as long as it's not that many, and only if it happens in the U.S. ...gotcha.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom