Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCaptBeefheart
Psychonaut

Sporeworks questionable service
    #1409961 - 03/25/03 10:24 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Indeed. They have just taken 2 MONTHS to send me my order of spawn bags to the UK.
I paid for 1st class airmail but they sent it via 2nd class surface mail. Which means my package went on a land & sea adventure for two months, while my casings at home rotted with contam. Thanks assholes, what did you save yourselves?, $2? $3?

To all UK mycologists, stay away from these fools.

--------------------
"Real men don't dance, they sit,sweat and curse."
- Bill Hicks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Sporeworks questionable service [Re: CaptBeefheart]
    #1410001 - 03/25/03 10:58 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

1. Choose you language next time a bit, this(and worse) tone is the reason why this forum got to be fully moderated.
2. Did you contact Sporeworks about your order?
3. Do you have an idea how much more airmail costs as opposed to surface mail?
I?ve ordered many things from the USA and know that the difference can be SUBSTANTIAL, not just 2, 3 dollars.

OfflineCaptBeefheart
Psychonaut

Re: Sporeworks questionable service [Re: Anno]
    #1410603 - 03/26/03 07:38 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Apologies for language.
Yes, I did contact them about 4 times and I did get e mails back saying 'its on its way'. It took them 2 weeks from the date the order was recieved to actualy package it.
On my order receipt, it clearly states that I have paid $8 dollars for shipping and handling(1st class priority international airmail) The bags only cost $6

Now I'm looking at the package and it says surface mail $3.80.

So there it is folks, they have diddled me for a lousy $4.20.

--------------------
- Bill Hicks

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

Re: Sporeworks questionable service [Re: CaptBeefheart]
    #1410686 - 03/26/03 08:01 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

We're very sorry for the problems that developed with your order.

Please understand that this was not an attempt to skimp you out of $4. Far from it. We send ALL our international orders via standard air mail, unless surface mail is requested for reduced rates on heavier items. We don't like to ship surface because the packages usually end up damaged and the timeline is completely unpredicable (4-10 weeks sometimes). On top of that, surface mail won't be returned to us if there is some problem with delivery.

With this said, this almost certainly was an error by the post office when the package was dropped off. When international mail is taken to the Post we usually have about 10+ packages going to various parts of the globe. We recently had to change our normal post office drop off location due to parking restrictions implemented due to higher terrorist alert (Orange I believe). It was no longer convient to use the location that was famiilar with our shipping practices.

Postal workers groan when we bring them this much work (and they aren't familiar with how we ship), so I'm fairly sure this was an error when the package was processed at the post office by their clerk.

We'd be happy to make this up to you in anyway fair way possible. Would you like a free print for your trouble?

OfflineCaptBeefheart
Psychonaut

Re: Sporeworks questionable service [Re: psilocyber]
    #1410917 - 03/26/03 09:26 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Many thanks for your reply, I really appreciate the explanation. I'm sure you understand my frustration and I do appreciate that the postal service is a law unto itself! (Its the same in the UK, the service is run by idiots) So I find it highly plausible that they are to blame.

Your offer of a spore print is very kind and I will accept it gladly. I've always wanted to try Ecuador if you have any, if not then anything of your choice.
Thanks again, very good service :wink:

Shall I PM you with my address? 

--------------------
- Bill Hicks

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum