Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
US officials think that Russia is guilty
    #1407909 - 03/25/03 06:11 AM (21 years, 9 days ago)

Will American Administration Declare War on Russia?

http://english.pravda.ru/war/2003/03/24/44928.html

US officials think that Russia is guilty of their unsuccessful war

It is obvious today that the war in Iraq is not the kind of war that the American administration was intended to have. The strong resistance that Iraqi troops showed, Iraqi ABM systems and anti-tank facilities turned out to be an unexpected surprise for Americans.

As the American administration believed, the war turned out to be difficult on account of the fact that the Russian defense industry delivered anti-tank missiles to Iraq via third countries. As it was said, the Russian defense industry also supplied Iraq with night vision devices, and unique Kolchuga anti-missile systems. The US administration determined that Russia delivered those weapons to Iraq several days before the war was launched. The official note of protest on the part of the US Department of State was based on those illegal deliveries. The note of protest was handed over to the Russian ambassador to the USA, Yury Ushakov.

The Russian government did not ignore USA?s threats (in the form of certain statements) to punish Russia for arms deliveries. The Russian leadership realizes that the war menace is approaching the country. According to the information from competent military sources, the navy command finished checking the alertness of anti-submarine facilities of naval troops in Kamchatka. Military exercises were conducted in admirals? presence. Diesel submarines of the Russian navy performed basic military exercises at sea. The order for battleships to travel to the Indian Ocean and to the Persian Gulf was called off.

Military units of the Russian Far East get ready for possible border conflicts. It seems that the Supreme Commander-in-Chief of Russia, President Vladimir Putin, realizes the anti-Russian essence of America?s aggressive aspiration. Putin takes measures to strengthen the alertness of Russian troops at the border territory. The Russian army and navy command held a secret session in Moscow yesterday, at which military high-ranking officials considered possible variants for the Mideast situation to develop. American spy planes have been conducting aerial reconnaissance at Russia?s borders for several days already.

Colonel-General Valery Manilov, a member of the Federation Council from the Primorye region, said in his interview to Echo of Moscow radio station: ?The decision to start the war on Iraq is a big mistake that the United States made. America gave an incentive for the rest of the world to unite in the anti-American coalition. It is obvious from the diplomatic point of view that no country in the whole world will wish to live and watch Americans using the military force whenever they want and like it to use. The world community will have to consolidate its military, political, economic, technical resources in order not to allow that to happen. The process is under way already. This is a unique moment, for it never happened before, not even during the USA?s bombing of Yugoslavia. The world will have to unite and find a format to restrain America, the country, which opposed itself to the whole world.?

On the other hand, the beginning of the war is a drama for the USA itself. This is likely to provoke the collapse of the antiterrorist coalition, terrorist activities in the USA and in Great Britain might increase, arms race is likely to speed up, including the weapons of mass destruction race. Ecological catastrophes are likely to happen in the world as well. Before opposing the whole world, the United States and Great Britain made desperate steps to strengthen their activities for winning UN Security Council members and the world community over to their side. This means that George W. Bush, Donald Rumsfeld, Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice did their best not to let the USA have an aggressive image for the world community. The American administration suffered a diplomatic failure. Cheap and high-quality Iraqi oil is the prime goal of the game. Americans hope that the oil will allow them to settle their economic and financial issues. However, the price of that oil will be unacceptable for the USA. America?s image as a safe, stable and powerful country has been ruined. At present moment, the world perceives the USA as a country that is ready to disregard the opinion of the world for the sake of its own interests only. A large number of victims is not an issue at all.

Thousands of lives will have to be wasted for such hypothetical takeover of the Iraqi oil. Those lives will be the lives of American people too. As they say, if you sow wind you will rip a storm. The inferiority complex might also be a reason why the war began. This complex has been tormenting President Bush and his team ? the people, who did not get to overthrow Saddam in 1991. Those people try to get rid of their complexes, including the September 11th complex, with the help of the military force. The inevitable failure of the incumbent American administration will be the result of that. You can conquer with bayonets, but you can?t sit on them.

Vasily Buslayev
Daily News
Vladivostok

PRAVDA.Ru

Translated by Dmitry Sudakov

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshoe
In Death'sEmbrace
Loc: Australia
Re: US officials think that Russia is guilty [Re: pattern]
    #1408859 - 03/25/03 12:08 PM (21 years, 9 days ago)

Interesting article.
It pisses me off that the US chucked up such a stink about the Russian arms.

GOD FORBID Iraq be able to defend itself.
Especially since the US supplied all the chemical and biological weapons to them in the first place.
Hypocritical bastards.. theyre throwing all thier most high-tech weaponry at them, Iraq gets a few things to help them from being bombed out of existence and the US gets pissed off. Thats totally out of line..

"Oh no, they aren't playing by the rules that we made up!"

--------------------
The above writings are fictional. It is being used to collect information to write a book about someone growing mushrooms.

And remember I will always love you,
As I claw your fucking throat away.
It can end no other way.

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#1408890 - 03/25/03 12:21 PM (21 years, 9 days ago)

This just goes to show the anti-american sentiment in the world. The US went ahead with the war without UN approval (many countries dont even attempt to go through the UN) while Russia actually violated several UN resolutions by providing Iraq with militarily sensitive equipment. Who gets the shit end of the stick? Guess.

--------------------
:egyptian:

Offlinerhizo
herb eater
Loc: Superposition of possible...
Re: US officials think that Russia is guilty [Re: Catalysis]
    #1408958 - 03/25/03 12:51 PM (21 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Who gets the shit end of the stick? Guess.

the people of Iraq?

--------------------
An optimist is never pleasantly surprised.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1409004 - 03/25/03 01:08 PM (21 years, 9 days ago)

The US should get the shit at the end of the stick. What we are doing is terrible.

We are just creating more anti-american sentiment. Im glad this article was written from a different country... shows a great different perspective than most of you people are used to reading. Of course CNN/FOX/CBS/ABC are going to be pro-war. People of the US need to open their minds and look past the obvious.

Great article... I couldnt have said it better than myself.

I like the part where it says that we need this oil to get ourselfs out of the economic struggle we are facing today... it just makes sense. Bush has done nothing good for this nation. He as revoked key environmental laws and just has caused more hatred towards American people... thus resulting in the quality of the American life.

He's taking us backwards, we are not progressing as a nation... The world has now realized that WAR is obsolete. War is something that should not be done. No one wants war, and is smart enough to realize that it has no good outcome. The US is the only one who is stuck back in the 1900s thinking that war will actually get them somewhere.

FUCK WAR!!!!

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Loc: Qu?bec
Re: US officials think that Russia is guilty [Re: angryshroom]
    #1409142 - 03/25/03 02:09 PM (21 years, 9 days ago)

5 shrooms to this thread. That's all I've got to say.

--------------------
I'm a bipedal carbon-based pseudo-random number generator.

Demonstration: 152.

Offlineshoe
In Death'sEmbrace
Loc: Australia
    #1409152 - 03/25/03 02:15 PM (21 years, 9 days ago)

America has been in violation of several US resolutions for years.

By going ahead with the war without UN approval, it makes them just as bad as the countries that you speak of that don't attempt to go through the UN.

I don't really consider it going through UN when it was more of a 'If you guys don't agree with us then we will do it anyway'. It was a last ditch effort to gain support. That is why they got shit at the end of a stick.

--------------------
The above writings are fictional. It is being used to collect information to write a book about someone growing mushrooms.

And remember I will always love you,
As I claw your fucking throat away.
It can end no other way.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Re: US officials think that Russia is guilty [Re: Meph]
    #1409648 - 03/25/03 05:36 PM (21 years, 9 days ago)

Will Russia get drawn into this war?
Yes
No

I wanna know.

Votes accepted from (12/31/69 05:00 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Anonymous

#1409670 - 03/25/03 05:44 PM (21 years, 9 days ago)

they already have...

this newspaper is a russian newspaper if anyone didn't catch that.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: US officials think that Russia is guilty [Re: ]
    #1410213 - 03/26/03 01:54 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

But Russian newspapers don't indulge in propaganda anymore. They only did that when the Commies were running the show.

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1410474 - 03/26/03 04:37 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Who gets the shit end of the stick? Guess.

you're right. americans get the shit end of this stick.

I love the hypocrisy of the people on this site. Many here are bickering (while never reading it) about 1441 but see no problem with Russia violating the terms of the surrender agreement. The UN is no longer relavent because they cannot abide by their own rules while complaining when someone calls them on it. I hope out of this war comes a NEW alliance with those countries that backed up 1441 and exclude countries like France, Russia, Germany and China.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: US officials think that Russia is guilty [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1410483 - 03/26/03 04:40 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

The American PEOPLE get the shit end of the stick, yes. But this war greatly benefits the government. Good business for the Oil Companies, and increased hatred towards the U.S., which leads to more terrorist attacks, which could make way for Patriot Act 3, Patriot Act 4, Patriot Act 5, etc.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Edited by silversoul7 (03/26/03 04:42 AM)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: US officials think that Russia is guilty [Re: silversoul7]
    #1410496 - 03/26/03 04:48 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

But this war greatly benefits the government.

and if France would of used their Veto it would of favored THEIR government. Also the Iraqi people will benefit as well. This cannot be argued.

I don't buy this "it's all about Oil" argument and is just a ploy by weak-minded people (i know you didn't say that but it's implied).

Quote:

Good business for the Oil Companies,

So What? What is it with you people and Big Companies? Big Tabacco, Big Oil, Big Business, Big Money, Big advertising....BIG DEAL!!! It sounds like a broken record. I notice noone ever mentions BIG HOLLYWOOD.

Quote:

which could make way for Patriot Act 3, Patriot Act 4, Patriot Act 5, etc.

i don't think it will lead to this but there isn't person on here that likes the patriot act, save pinkfadedwings.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1410512 - 03/26/03 04:55 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

I don't buy this "it's all about Oil" argument and is just a ploy by weak-minded people (i know you didn't say that but it's implied).

Sorry if you think that's what I implied. It wasn't intended. There are many complex reasons for this war and oil is but one of them.

Quote:

So What? What is it with you people and Big Companies? Big Tabacco, Big Oil, Big Business, Big Money, Big advertising....BIG DEAL!!! It sounds like a broken record. I notice noone ever mentions BIG HOLLYWOOD.

Tell me where I used the phrase "Big Oil."

Quote:

i don't think it will lead to this but there isn't person on here that likes the patriot act, save pinkfadedwings.

You don't think the government will take advantage of people's fear and insecurity by taking away civil liberties? It has historical precedent that goes way beyond the Patriot Act.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: US officials think that Russia is guilty [Re: silversoul7]
    #1410544 - 03/26/03 05:05 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Tell me where I used the phrase "Big Oil."

you didn't, you did imply there is something wrong with oil companies profiting. The catch phrase with libbies is "Big Oil" which still leaves me perplexed.

Quote:

You don't think the government will take advantage of people's fear and insecurity by taking away civil liberties?

I have no doubt, however they've been using that for years, both sides. Until we get a vialble third party it will continue but trying to blame all our lose (i know you didn't say this either but again you're replies imply otherwise) of rights to an act that has just came out is rediculous. We've been losing our rights for years. It's nothing new.

Quote:

It has historical precedent that goes way beyond the Patriot Act.

what does?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

#1411035 - 03/26/03 08:05 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Russia scorns U.S. "liberation" claim

http://www.swissinfo.org/sen/Swissinfo.html?siteSect=143&sid=1721261

By Maria Golovnina

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia has fired a new broadside against the United States over its military action against Iraq, scorning claims its troops were "liberating" Iraqis and accusing it of defying world opinion.

Foreign Minister Igor Ivanov, using language at times reminiscent of the Cold War rivalry with Washington, said: "What the United States is doing challenges not only Iraq, but the whole world."

Addressing parliament as U.S. and British forces pressed forward to Baghdad, Ivanov said the evidence so far contradicted U.S. efforts to portray its troops as a liberating force freeing Iraqis from Saddam Hussein's rule.

"It is already becoming clear how far removed from reality are their attempts to present military action against Iraq as a triumphant march for the liberation of the Iraqi people with minimal casualties and destruction," he told the Federation Council (upper house).

And he counselled Washington and London not to make unsubstantiated claims to have found caches of banned weapons in Iraq to justify their military offensive.

"If there are claims by coalition forces about discovering weapons of mass destruction...only international inspectors can make a conclusive assessment of the origin of these weapons," he said. "No other evaluation and final conclusion can be accepted."

Ivanov, mindful of the political capital Moscow has built up with Washington by backing the U.S.-led war on terror, strove to maintain a balance in his criticism, saying international relations depended on Russian and U.S. strategic ties.

"It is the nature of our partnership that allows us to be honest with each other (and) discuss issues we do not agree on," he said.

But his sharp attack, following President Vladimir Putin's fierce denunciation at the onset of U.S. military action on March 20, nonetheless marked another downturn in relations between the onetime superpower rivals-turned-friends.

PROTECTING TIES WITH U.S.

Putin, who needs U.S. support and investment to turn Russia's economy round, has fought to protect his newly-forged ties with U.S. President George W. Bush.

But Russia's opposition to U.S. military action against its former close economic partner and Putin's call for a rapid end to military action
has brought the relationship under pressure.

Russia, with other U.N. heavyweights France and China, tried unsuccessfully to stop U.S. military action to topple Saddam.

All three argued for more time to be given to U.N. arms inspectors searching for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Baghdad denies holding any banned arms.

The atmosphere has been further soured by Moscow's suspicions that Washington will disregard Russia's big economic and oil interests in Iraq after the war is over and shut it out of the picture.

Highlighting Russia's fears, the head of a Russian state firm with big oil interests in Iraq said on Wednesday that Moscow had little chance of getting a slice of the pie after the fighting was over.

"Americans don't need anyone else in Iraq, they will control Iraqi crude themselves. Nobody will give the green light for Russian or French firms in Iraq," said Nikolai Tokarev, head of Zarubezhneft, in an interview with Reuters.

Since the U.S. offensive, the two powers have become locked in a row over U.S. claims that Russian firms have supplied Iraq with electronic jamming equipment, night vision goggles and anti-tank missiles that Washington says could put the lives of their soldiers at risk. Russia denies such deliveries were made.

And the State Duma (parliament lower house) has delayed a vote to ratify a U.S.-Russia nuclear arms reduction treaty that would slash numbers of deployed warheads held by each side.

In a reference to the row over alleged weapons sales, Ivanov bemoaned signs that Washington was "trying to drag Russia into an information war" on Iraq.

Reuters

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1411392 - 03/26/03 10:58 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Will American Administration Declare War on Russia?

No.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag