Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineWaldarbeiter
can you eat it?

Loc: woods of lower bavaria
Re: Are you anti-war and pro-democracy? [Re: Xlea321]
    #1407811 - 03/25/03 05:43 AM (21 years, 9 days ago)

Holland has legalised several drugs

they didn't legalize tha drugs, they "tolerated" them.Which is a difference.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineyelimS
bohem

Re: Are you anti-war and pro-democracy? [Re: Evolving]
    #1408037 - 03/25/03 07:08 AM (21 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Do you know that over 70% of the American public supports George Bush's invasion of Iraq? What's wrong with letting democracy set the policy on this?

I hope you're not fucking serious. Because AMERICANS supports this war, it's ok? If all my friends support me in killing you, it's fine then? Ask the iraqis for pete's sake.

Offlineflow
outlaw immortal
Re: Are you anti-war and pro-democracy? [Re: yelimS]
    #1408054 - 03/25/03 07:13 AM (21 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Ask the iraqis for pete's sake.

do you actually think the majority of iraqi's support saddam??

OfflineyelimS
bohem

Re: Are you anti-war and pro-democracy? [Re: flow]
    #1408112 - 03/25/03 07:41 AM (21 years, 9 days ago)

actually, i never said that. my point is that evolving said war was ok because someone not directly involved supports it. and i don't think that the majority of iraqi's support saddam, but i don't think they like the war an awful lot either. i haven't heard much about what the majority of iraqis think of this however... if anyone has any information on this, i'd be happy to see it... still, don't support the war because americans do, support the war (if) iraqis do. or... i don't really support the war anyway. now that they've started, it's probably best if they get to finish it, but they should've given the inspectors more time...

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1408395 - 03/25/03 09:26 AM (21 years, 9 days ago)

my point is that evolving said war was ok because someone not directly involved supports it.

Actually, I think you misinterpreted what evolving was trying to say. I think you are thinking along the same lines as he is in saying just because a majority supports it, doesn't make it right.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #1411203 - 03/26/03 09:24 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Phluck wrote:
"Are you anti-drug-war and pro-democracy?"
I am pro-liberty (yes, this means anti-drug war).

yelimS wrote:
"my point is that evolving said war was ok..."
I never wrote that war was ok, I was asking questions, not stating a position. I am against this current war with Iraq. However, I would not be opposed to firing a .308 round (that's a 7.62 x 38 for you Europeans) into Saddam's cranium and letting the hydrostatic pressure blow his head apart.

As far as being pro-democracy... Democracy is a means of decision making, it is no guarantee that a right, moral, just, fair or wise decision will be reached, only that the decision will have majority approval. This seems to be a pretty sorry way to create a society respectful of individual rights and liberties or a society that will last any great period of time. Sooner or later, the masses will come to the realization that they can vote themselves sustenance, security, punishment for behavoir that they dislike, as well as luxuries and entertainment. Democracy will be used as a tool to act out on feelings of envy and/or moral superiority. Once this point has been reached, they will proceed to vote themselves into dire economic straits, leaving their society vulnerable to collapse, conquest and/or dictatorship.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1411418 - 03/26/03 11:12 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

As far as being pro-democracy... Democracy is a means of decision making, it is no guarantee that a right, moral, just, fair or wise decision will be reached, only that the decision will have majority approval. This seems to be a pretty sorry way to create a society respectful of individual rights and liberties or a society that will last any great period of time. Sooner or later, the masses will come to the realization that they can vote themselves sustenance, security, punishment for behavoir that they dislike, as well as luxuries and entertainment. Democracy will be used as a tool to act out on feelings of envy and/or moral superiority. Once this point has been reached, they will proceed to vote themselves into dire economic straits, leaving their society vulnerable to collapse, conquest and/or dictatorship.

So, are you anti-democracy? If so, what system do you believe is best?

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineyelimS
bohem

Re: Are you anti-war and pro-democracy? [Re: silversoul7]
    #1412848 - 03/26/03 10:12 PM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Evolving: you did write "What's wrong with letting democracy set the policy on this?" and i thought that was your way of saying you supported the war. But if you don't, I suppose all is well.. and thanks for the inch convertion, very thoughtfull :smile:

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
    #1412857 - 03/26/03 10:19 PM (21 years, 8 days ago)

i am both anti-war and pro democracy...if you don't understand how that is possible it's probably because you don't listen to people with different opinions than yours.

--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]