Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Men are smarter than women [Re: mushiepussy]
    #14077395 - 03/06/11 07:30 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

mushiepussy said:
Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

mushiepussy said:
...the superior male efficiency in spatial ability, the greater female skill in speech."

scource

There is my argument. This is why men have higher average IQs than women.

How does men having a superior efficiency in spatial ability indicate that they have higher average IQs than women? If anything, the fact that women have greater skill in speech than men would indicate that they have higher average IQs...

It might seem that way, but that is not what an IQ test is about.
Einstein wasn't a master of speech, he was a master of spatial
imagination.

Who cares what Einstein was a master of, did he invent IQ tests or something? Is the purpose of IQ tests to see how smart you are in comparison to Einstein? :undecided:

I don't know much about IQ tests, so I wasn't aware that they focus more on spatial orientation than on speech skill; I don't even see how spatial orientation is in any significant way a measure of intelligence...

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery
Loc: off the wall
Re: Men are smarter than women [Re: Poid]
    #14077410 - 03/06/11 07:33 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Women blessed with 'emotional intelligence' - the ability to express their feelings and read those of others - have better sex lives, research shows.

Those most in touch with their feelings have twice as many orgasms as inhibited sorts, the study found.

Quote:

Researcher Tim Spector of King's College London said there were definite advantages to being a touchy-feely type.

He said: 'These findings show that emotional intelligence is an advantage in many aspects of your life, including the bedroom.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1180583/Bad-luck-bimbos-Intelligent-women-better-sex-study-reveals.html#ixzz1FsRkgdoR

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1180583/Bad-luck-bimbos-Intelligent-women-better-sex-study-reveals.html

Invisiblemushiepussy
 User Gallery
Loc: Flag
    #14077416 - 03/06/11 07:34 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Who cares what Einstein was a master of, did he invent IQ tests or something? Is the purpose of IQ tests to see how smart you are in comparison to Einstein? :undecided:

I don't know much about IQ tests, so I wasn't aware that they focus more on spatial orientation than on speech skill; I don't even see how spatial orientation is in any significant way a measure of intelligence...

Well then I suggest you do some research on intelligence
before you join an argument about it.

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
    #14077436 - 03/06/11 07:38 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

IQ tests were designed to figure out which kids were retarded to take them out of class. IQ tests aren't really worth shit since they measure an extremely limited amount of intelligence. Why are you acting like IQ tests are infallible?

Besides, even if some arbitrary test states that overall men are smarter than women, what does that prove? Does it mean every single man is smarter than every woman? no.

--------------------

Edited by learningtofly (03/06/11 07:39 PM)

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14077444 - 03/06/11 07:39 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

I know about intelligence, I just don't see how spatial orientation is in any significant way a measure of intelligence, especially when compared to speech skill; just because I don't see this doesn't mean I don't know enough about intelligence to join a debate about it. This debate isn't about how spatial orientation is in any significant way a measure of intelligence, so it's not like I need to know all about that in order to participate.

That comment was pretty useless BTW, it didn't contribute to the discussion, and seemed to just be intended as a personal attack.

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery
    #14077454 - 03/06/11 07:42 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
That comment was pretty useless BTW, it didn't contribute to the discussion, and seemed to just be intended as a personal attack.

the hypocrisy... :smirk:

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: Men are smarter than women [Re: deranger]
    #14077458 - 03/06/11 07:43 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Where's the hypocrisy? Mushie's comment was directed at Poid, Poid's comment was directed at mushie's statement.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14077467 - 03/06/11 07:44 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

That comment was pretty useless BTW, it didn't contribute to the discussion, and seemed to just be intended as a personal attack. :smirk:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery
Re: Men are smarter than women [Re: learningtofly]
    #14077495 - 03/06/11 07:49 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

it was a hypocritical remark in general.. it doesn't really have anything to do with this thread.  just saying it like I see it.

Offlinedurantz
Stranger
 User Gallery

#14077503 - 03/06/11 07:50 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

mushiepussy said:
...the superior male efficiency in spatial ability, the greater female skill in speech."

scource

How does men having a superior efficiency in spatial ability indicate that they have higher average IQs than women? If anything, the fact that women have greater skill in speech than men would indicate that they have higher average IQs...

Dude IQ test is a measure. There are countless journal articles (if you take the time to read them) which show that men perform better on them. We are talking about a standardised IQ test. Not your arbitrary meaning of IQ.

I'm just arguing against the OP's claim that this difference is attributable to genetics.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14077534 - 03/06/11 07:55 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Usually my "personal attacks" are made in order to show how stupid a person's logic is; for example, if someone thought the world is flat because it looks flat, then I'd probably say something like "This mirage in the desert looks like water, so I guess it must be water. :flowstone:".

I don't usually, in the middle of a discussion, make an irrelevant personal attack that isn't intended to prove or disprove a point. :craven:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Invisiblemushiepussy
 User Gallery
    #14077538 - 03/06/11 07:57 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

I was responding to your statement. I didn't say anything about
you, you said you didn't know much about IQ, so I suggested you
do some research.

It seems like I have made my point that men have higher average
IQs than women, and it seems like you guys agree.
But now you are arguing against IQ tests, which is an entirely
different subject.

PS.
spatial ability: the ability to visualize manipulation of shapes
mathematical ability: the ability to solve problems and use logic
language ability: This could include the ability to complete sentences or recognize words when letters have been rearranged or removed.
memory ability: the ability to recall things presented either visually or aurally

what IQ tests measure

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery
    #14077549 - 03/06/11 07:58 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

:smilingpuppy:

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Men are smarter than women [Re: durantz]
    #14077565 - 03/06/11 08:02 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

durantz said:
Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

mushiepussy said:

scource

Dude IQ test is a measure. There are countless journal articles (if you take the time to read them) which show that men perform better on them.

I didn't deny that IQ test is a measure, but I wasn't aware that there's a lot of evidence which demonstrates that men generally perform better on IQ tests than women; would you like to provide a source?

In any case, the title of this tread is "Men are smarter than women."; that men generally outperform women on IQ tests is not proof that they are smarter than them.

Quote:

durantz said:
We are talking about a standardised IQ test. Not your arbitrary meaning of IQ.

OK, thanks for making that random obvious comment. :thumbup:

What makes you think that I think we're talking about my arbitrary meaning of IQ? All I said is that I don't see why spatial recognition is seen as more of a measure of intelligence than speech skill in IQ tests, why you think this means I want to talk about my arbitrary meaning of IQ is completely beyond me, I don't even know why you think I've developed an arbitrary meaning of IQ because I certainly haven't expressed anything that suggests that I hold onto one.

Quote:

durantz said:
I'm just arguing against the OP's claim that this difference is attributable to genetics.

What proof do you have?

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Edited by Poid (11/07/12 10:30 PM)

Offlinedurantz
Stranger
 User Gallery

#14077573 - 03/06/11 08:04 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Mushie I thought you were saying this is due to a genetic difference which dictates that men are more intelligent...

There is proof that women and men have difference in biology but there is not much research to suggest that these differences result in one sex being more or less intelligent than the other.

And you're right there's no point in debating what an IQ test is because there are plenty of journal articles about them (I was just trying to explain this so we don't get bogged down in the semantics of things when all we have to do is go and read some articles and all will be explained)

Offlinedurantz
Stranger
 User Gallery

#14077579 - 03/06/11 08:05 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

I didn't deny that IQ test is a measure, but I wasn't aware that there's a lot of evidence which demonstrates that man generally perform better on IQ tests than women; would you like to provide a source?

Please tell me your read the OP... there's a nice graph there for you.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14077590 - 03/06/11 08:06 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

mushiepussy said:

I was responding to your statement. I didn't say anything about
you, you said you didn't know much about IQ, so I suggested you
do some research.

You suggested I do research on intelligence, not IQ.

Quote:

mushiepussy said:
It seems like I have made my point that men have higher average
IQs than women, and it seems like you guys agree.
But now you are arguing against IQ tests, which is an entirely
different subject.

The thread title is "Men are smarter than women."; that men generally outperform women on IQ tests does not indicate that they are smarter than them.

Quote:

mushiepussy said:
PS.
spatial ability: the ability to visualize manipulation of shapes
mathematical ability: the ability to solve problems and use logic
language ability: This could include the ability to complete sentences or recognize words when letters have been rearranged or removed.
memory ability: the ability to recall things presented either visually or aurally

what IQ tests measure

Nice to know, thanks. :mushroom2:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14077604 - 03/06/11 08:08 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

durantz said:
Quote:

I didn't deny that IQ test is a measure, but I wasn't aware that there's a lot of evidence which demonstrates that man generally perform better on IQ tests than women; would you like to provide a source?

Please tell me your read the OP... there's a nice graph there for you.

That graph measures and compares the "General intelligence" of men and women, it says nothing about IQ specifically. :tard:

Why don't you address the rest of my response to you?

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Invisiblemushiepussy
 User Gallery
    #14077683 - 03/06/11 08:18 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

durantz said:
Mushie I thought you were saying this is due to a genetic difference which dictates that men are more intelligent...

There is proof that women and men have difference in biology but there is not much research to suggest that these differences result in one sex being more or less intelligent than the other.

I am saying it is genetic difference.
I am saying men are more intelligent than woman in certain aspects,
and vice-versa.

the aspects in which men are superior(mathematical ability, spatial ability) give rise to innovation. IMO, this intelligence is by and
far the most important asset to humanity as a whole.

Offlinedurantz
Stranger
 User Gallery

#14077694 - 03/06/11 08:20 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

And how do you think they measure general intelligence?

You're actually talking to someone who studies this stuff full time. I spent 2 months studying intelligence last year...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order