Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblebourndead
Down to Earth by Default
 User Gallery

It's a blobby blob world (2nd flush full of dickheads)
    #13990311 - 02/19/11 02:37 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

My first go at PE, there's several other trays spawned at lower ratios than this currently in fruiting conditions as well, but nothing much to see there so here's what we got.

PE, spawned Jan 26th at a 1:2 ratio (2qt spawn to 4qt sub(CVG)), finished colonizing Feb 4, put into fruiting conditions Feb 6th, it's been in my martha (not pictured because I just moved out yesterday and it's not set back up) with a coolmist timer set up, and a 2ft 6500k fluorescent bulb. The majority of the growth has been exhibited in the past 6 days, and it's been moving rather quickly considering I was fruiting at 64-67f.

here goes:

(in a dubtub because the martha's ooc atm)

At first i thought the splitting, as shown in the last pic, was due to low moisture/rh but given that there's mycelial growth on a few of the blobs themselves I think my rH is in order(I lost my hygro) and it's simply due to such rapid growth, as they've literally ballooned in the past 4-5 days. I've also been rather pleased with the cluster growth, even if they're all mutant blobs.
Side blobbing/pinning has also been pretty much a nonissue, even without a bag liner or tape, theres only one large blob near the bottom of one side, which has popped up in the past 2 days due to the sub pulling away.

Anyways, feels kinda silly posting this now as it's nothing special but I guess I can always update this with weight and second flush results of what should be regular dicklike fungi. On that note, 2 of the 6 other trays are exhibiting regular PE growth out the gate but nothing to report on really.

enjoy.

--------------------
"I don't have a God complex, you've got a simple God"

Edited by bourndead (03/01/11 08:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMush 4 Brains
about tree fiddy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tacos
Re: It's a blobby blob world [Re: bourndead]
    #13990319 - 02/19/11 02:40 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

:shakefist: BLOBS!!  They are usually potent but they kill your yield.  And i despise them for that.

Offlinedmonkey1
Monkey Say...
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 39°50′39″N 75°42′...
Re: It's a blobby blob world [Re: Mush 4 Brains]
    #13990337 - 02/19/11 02:44 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

ive had a lot of luck letting my cakes colonize for an additional week. no blobs :smile:

--------------------
Check out my Trade List!!

Invisiblebourndead
Down to Earth by Default
 User Gallery

Re: It's a blobby blob world [Re: dmonkey1]
    #13990396 - 02/19/11 02:58 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

yeah I'd read something to that effect, I also read someone claiming ratio had something to do with the PE mutant first flush phenomenon so, with this being my first time working with the 'strain' I decided to experiment with both ratio and "consolidation" periods and, at this point it still seems to be random genetics to me.

I spawned at 1:2, 1:~3, 1:4, 1:5, 1:6, and 1:8, and waited different amounts of time after full colonization for each to be introduced to fruiting conditions, some were definite times like "7 days" and others I just tossed into the martha when pins or knots were present.

I was gonna try and document the results as best I could but shit got crazy on the homefront, hence the move and...yeah, ain't gonna happen now.

--------------------

Invisiblebourndead
Down to Earth by Default
 User Gallery

#14030786 - 02/26/11 02:43 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

harvested 2/20, blob flush dry weight was 31.2g, wet weight was something like 361g iirc, they held so much water that when I picked the larger ones water would ooze out and, when i stopped squeezing, it'd immediately suck back into the fruit. not too shabby for a 6qt tray of MS mutants.

-Dunked for 2hr 50min and placed directly back into fruiting conditions after draining the eve of 2/20

-hyphal knots noted 2/23, primordia noted 2/24, first pins noted the evening of 2/25 and today(2/26) we've got;

Looks like it's gonna be a nice second flush, the pins seem to be occupying all the space that wasn't decimated by the blob harvest, there's also monstrous side fruits so beefy and dense they've literally stretched the tub a good 1/2" on each side, to the point where the dubtub top won't sit properly on the tray.

Will update once more with preharvest pics and post harvest weights, shouldn't be too long now as the temps are a good 10-12f hotter than they were when I was fruiting the first flush.
Peacepeace

edit: apologies for the shitty pic, the pinset looks even nicer in person but I'm not about to bring it out the GH just for a photo session, and it's kinda tricky to get a good aerial shot with such limited space in there...and the fogger was running and wasn't too keen on keeping the camera in there too long. Excuses excuses >.<

--------------------

Edited by bourndead (02/26/11 02:45 PM)

Invisiblebourndead
Down to Earth by Default
 User Gallery

#14051152 - 03/01/11 09:03 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

And 3 days later, we're done.
i know I could have let a few of these go another day or 2 before picking but I won't have the time for another week or so. All in all I'm quite pleased with my first tray in my martha though :smile:

From above. (the fruits on the right could have gone another day or 2 but oh well)

End result (was in the process of finding the rest of the trays for the dehydrator)

And the mastermind behind it all, Hombre. (Nevermind the ultrasonic on the top shelf, i had to run it for a minute yesterday and have been too lazy/too busy to remove it.

Tray is now being dunked for 2hours, then it's going to the woods outside to let nature run it's course.

I was also too lazy to get a wet weight, my scale maxes at 300g and it was sitting at 300g so it's something over that.
Dry weight to follow.

cheers!

--------------------

InvisibleMush 4 Brains
about tree fiddy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tacos
    #14053493 - 03/02/11 09:24 AM (13 years, 30 days ago)

Nice, no more blobs that i can see.  Mr. Kitty seems pleased as well.  Two questions for you: Looks like you have mini shotgun tubs inside your martha, do you?  Did you use anything to prevent side and bottom pinning in your tubs?

Invisiblebourndead
Down to Earth by Default
 User Gallery

Re: It's a blobby blob world [Re: Mush 4 Brains]
    #14055085 - 03/02/11 02:46 PM (13 years, 30 days ago)

6qt dub tub actually. When I moved I had the martha OOC for like 2 days, so I had the trays that were in it rocking dubtub tops, during that time the subs started forming primordia and pinning and I was afraid to remove the dubtub top in fear it may be too drastic of a change for the fresh pins to handle. Plus I was still dialing in the martha in my new pad at that time.

And no, nothing was done to prevent sidepinning other than providing optimal conditions at the surface level of the substrate. The first flush(of all blobs) had just 2 side blobs, the second flush had a few side fruits and many bottom fruits due to a giant blob which grew beneath the sub and lifted it up a good 1", creating a nice little micro climate. It was still apparent, in the end, that conditions were still ideal at the surface though as that is where most of the action was happening.

Update with dry weight soon.

--------------------

Invisiblebourndead
Down to Earth by Default
 User Gallery

#14076980 - 03/06/11 06:15 PM (13 years, 26 days ago)

48.9g dry for that tray(second flush)nom nom. It's now outside and fruiting randomly, we just got a good drenching over night my walk through the woods warranted some nice surprises.

The other tray partially pictured above ended with a similar dry weight on the 2nd flush(46.4g) with fewer yet larger, more dense fruits.

This tray is also outside with the others now, I've got a whole forest of forgotten substrates just to the left of me :smile:

edit: so, yeah, I'm quite pleased with PE overall and am glad I got an GLC going, plus another 5cc of spore solution sitting round for when I get into my new spot and can finally get my flowhood built and agar work going.

--------------------

Edited by bourndead (03/06/11 06:18 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract