Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | Next > | Last >
Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
Re: Battlefield 3 [Re: gref]
    #15278877 - 10/25/11 10:22 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

yes, but I wonder if modern warfare would be more fun and tactical with larger maps and rush and conquest mode. if you want to get really technical the best types of games are old school shooters like urban terror, with tall high rises that make for very interesting sniper matches. sure the game might be crap by todays standards, but really no cod or battlefield game has made extensive use of high rises. some use of it yes but not EXTENSIVE.

but really battlefield did pave the way for really large open land scape shooters, sort of.

btw the story for this game is fucking incredible.

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineArose Chaos
Simple Man
Male

Loc: West Coast
Re: Battlefield 3 [Re: imachavel]
    #15278887 - 10/25/11 10:23 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Fuck this game is sick!
Aside from the server issues... but thats normal when you have 1 million+ players all trying to log in at the same time..

--------------------
<<WOW
"There is nofhing noble in being superior to your fellow man;
true nobility is being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
Re: Battlefield 3 [Re: imachavel] * 1
    #15278950 - 10/25/11 10:40 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

imachavel said:
but really battlefield did pave the way for really large open land scape shooters, sort of.

btw the story for this game is fucking incredible.

I think the best part of the recent Battlefield games, BC1-BC2-BF3, is the destruction aspect. Snipers can't hide in a window forever, eventually their spider-hole gets blown to hell.

I agree, the story is fucking amazing! The best single player campaign of any Battlefield game, though that isn't saying much because BC1/2 single player wasn't that great.

I especially enjoy how they portray the intelligence agents as the arrogant yet clueless morons that they tend to be.

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

Offlinegref
Philosoraptor

Re: Battlefield 3 [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #15278978 - 10/25/11 10:47 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BlimeyGrimey said:
I would join but I've already joined a platoon with some bf2/bf2142/bc2 friends.

You don't have to it's what ever, but you can join multiple platoons ya know.

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #15279000 - 10/25/11 10:53 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

gref said:
you can join multiple platoons ya know.

I was not aware of that. :thumbup:

Here's some screen shots on Ultra settings at 1080p.

Game play Tank Mission:

Cutscene screenshot at 1080p:

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Offlinegref
Philosoraptor

#15279099 - 10/25/11 11:17 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BlimeyGrimey said:
Quote:

gref said:

Game play Tank Mission:

Is it just me or is the single player graphics better than multiplayer?

OfflineLloydChristmas
getting lost on purpose
Male User Gallery

Loc: atx Flag
Re: Battlefield 3 [Re: imachavel]
    #15279101 - 10/25/11 11:18 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

imachavel said:

I'm going to say the majority of us cut our teeth playing snipers on Sidewinder in a little game called Halo.

Isn't she a beauty?

--------------------

OfflineArose Chaos
Simple Man
Male

Loc: West Coast
Re: Battlefield 3 [Re: LloydChristmas]
    #15279366 - 10/26/11 12:43 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

LloydChristmas said:
Quote:

imachavel said:

I'm going to say the majority of us cut our teeth playing snipers on Sidewinder in a little game called Halo.

Isn't she a beauty?

Damn that brings back memories

--------------------
<<WOW
"There is nofhing noble in being superior to your fellow man;
true nobility is being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Battlefield 3 [Re: Arose Chaos]
    #15279550 - 10/26/11 02:04 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

wow this web browser shit is blowing chunks, i keep getting this fucking message

Quote:

Sorry, Something technical went wrong

We're going to sort it out and have things back to normal really soon.

and everything is so fucking slow to react, im guessing this is to combat "custom" servers which im also guessing is going to fuck any mod potential for this game.

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Battlefield 3 [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #15279660 - 10/26/11 03:13 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

so far all this game is doing is making me want to install bf2 again, this is fucking bad company 3 not battlefield 3

--------------------

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
    #15279963 - 10/26/11 07:11 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

gref said:
Quote:

BlimeyGrimey said:
Quote:

gref said:

Game play Tank Mission:

of course they are. everyone was bitching about the performance of the graphics for xbox 360, that graphic performance was SERIOUSLY slow etc. etc.

sure for multiplayer. xbox 360 ALWAYS lives up to graphic capability for single player though

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Offlinelove2shpongleIRL
Opiophile
Male

#15280183 - 10/26/11 08:30 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
so far all this game is doing is making me want to install bf2 again, this is fucking bad company 3 not battlefield 3

While I am enjoying bf3, I would have to agree with your assesment. They definitly didn't stay true to the series. I feel dice's best work was the desert combat mod for bf1942. They moved away from the core of the series for the sake of console players and it hurts the game. Is it just me, or does anyone else miss bots? I would much rather have bot matches than single player campaign.

--------------------
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
T. S. Eliot

Edited by love2shpongleIRL (10/26/11 08:33 AM)

Invisibleunknown1123
Experimental

Re: Battlefield 3 [Re: love2shpongleIRL]
    #15281543 - 10/26/11 03:10 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

SOFLAM??? How does this work? Does someone else have to fire the missile? I'm lase targets all day but no ka'boom

--------------------

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #15282816 - 10/26/11 07:53 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

imachavel said:
Quote:

gref said:
Quote:

BlimeyGrimey said:
Quote:

gref said:

Game play Tank Mission:

of course they are. everyone was bitching about the performance of the graphics for xbox 360, that graphic performance was SERIOUSLY slow etc. etc.

sure for multiplayer. xbox 360 ALWAYS lives up to graphic capability for single player though

We were talking about the PC version, not the crippled console version. The console versions are equal to LOW settings on the PC version.

The console version can only handle DX9, it can't even handle DX10 or DX11.

Quote:

love2shpongleIRL said:
Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:

While I am enjoying bf3, I would have to agree with your assesment. They definitly didn't stay true to the series. I feel dice's best work was the desert combat mod for bf1942. They moved away from the core of the series for the sake of console players and it hurts the game. Is it just me, or does anyone else miss bots? I would much rather have bot matches than single player campaign.

Maybe DICE should have just added some hi-res textures to BF2 and made a few $15 map packs and called it BF3. :rolleyes:

DICE is even giving us old BF2 maps for FREE and people still complain.

I'm glad the single player bot matches are gone. I prefer to play a real single player campaign versus playing faux multiplayer matches.

BF3 isn't meant to be BF2....

--------------------

Offlinelove2shpongleIRL
Opiophile
Male

#15283027 - 10/26/11 08:39 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Have you played the previous games in the series? I like bf3, I just think they should incorporate things from the desert combat mod and bf2(faster jets, more vehicles, cool shit like c-130's with cannons or tomahawk missiles from destroyers).

--------------------
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
T. S. Eliot

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #15283684 - 10/26/11 10:34 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I've played BF1942/BF2/BF2142/BF1943/BF:BC/BF:BC2. So yes, I've played the previous games. However, I do not expect any one game to be a mirror image of the others. If I did, I would play MW1/MW2/BO.

C-130's don't have cannons, they are transport vehicles. AC-130's do.

If you want the BF3 jets to go faster, try holding down the SHIFT key and use afterburners.

--------------------

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Battlefield 3 [Re: BlimeyGrimey] * 1
    #15283801 - 10/26/11 11:08 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

you don't expect them to be the same yet....here we are with bad company 3 with seemingly less destructables...when they were supposed to go back to there roots for us pc gamers.  i would have been happy with a bf2 expansion pack over this pos.  Infact i bought bf3 thinking i was getting an upgraded bf2, thats WHY they didn't call it bad company 3 right????  they did it to fuck us pc gamers over yet again.

most of the maps ive played so far are small like they were made for a fucking console, the graphics are blurry or something its hard to put my finger on it, the mechanics is clunky as hell like ill walk up and press e to get into something and nothing happens so then i press e again real quick and i end up getting in and hopping right back out, shit is just wack.  Now u can say maybe this is to make it more realistic or something but id rather just have a fun game like bf2 was.

and so far all this is, is one big fucking camping game, bf2 was about jumping out of heli's and planes, and just overall u could do shit, this game every 10 seconds i die just like those fucking mw games.  This wasn't what bf2 was about.  The worst part is im always getting shot by people i don't see, yet they see me.  Again in bf2 u could actually see people, i used to be able to jump out of a jet and as im gliding down see who's shooting at me and fucking shoot back and get kills, now im walking into train tunnels and getting capped from an entire fucking armor and not seeing anybody at all.  Maybe its just the evolution of fps's and all these mic whores doing gangbangs on people but w/e it is im fucking done with EA this is not what i was expecting, this was supposed to be a battlefield game.  but all i see is a console fucked piece of shit consumed by what console lovers like.

--------------------

Invisibler72rock
Maybe so. Maybe not.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Chicago Flag
    #15283925 - 10/26/11 11:40 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I got the game, and I'm havin' a lot of fun...

But one thing that really annoys me is in between games, you can't exit out. You have to sit there and stare at the score screen and look at what you earned. You can leave until you're in the next game and you pause and exit.

Is that ridiculous? Or am I missing a really easy way to just exit the game?

--------------------
Current favorite candy: Peanut Butter Kisses

Invisibletrekie
Metal man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Larger cities Flag
Re: Battlefield 3 [Re: r72rock]
    #15284211 - 10/27/11 12:45 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

yes your hit the Esc key nigger .

:niggawe:

Im having fun too I wish como rose was better but other then that pretty solid game. Some maps could be bigger but oh well

--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #15284625 - 10/27/11 03:59 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
most of the maps ive played so far are small like they were made for a fucking console

Play conquest instead of playing Rush mode.

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
the graphics are blurry or something its hard to put my finger on it, the mechanics is clunky as hell like ill walk up and press e to get into something and nothing happens so then i press e again real quick and i end up getting in and hopping right back out, shit is just wack.

The blurriness you speak of may be the motion blur. Turn it off if you don't like it. During the sky dive in single player it makes the characters look REALLY blurry. Turn off motion blur and the blurriness goes away. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out that motion BLUR causes blurriness.

The lag when entering vehicles sounds like a slow PC or internet connection. This is your problem and not EA/DICE's.

I'm playing on an AMD 2.5ghz quad-core, 8gigs of RAM and an AMD 6870 1GB graphics card on a 6mbps connection. I do not get the vehicle entering lag that you speak of. Are you playing with the bare minimum specs?

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
and so far all this is, is one big fucking camping game, bf2 was about jumping out of heli's and planes, and just overall u could do shit, this game every 10 seconds i die just like those fucking mw games. 

Sounds like you are raging because you suck at the game. I've been playing on some good servers with only 1 or 2 campers per team. It is fast paced action for me most of the time. There are easy ways to take out campers... I'll let you figure that out on your own.

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
The worst part is im always getting shot by people i don't see, yet they see me.

Stop running out into the open like a moron. Go cover to cover. Are you aware there are unlockable camouflages that you can put on your soldier? Using the temperate camo in the desert is going to make you stand out.

Once again, this seems to be a problem of you PC setup and not the game. In the beta I could barely see people due to my old GTS250, now with a better card and the game running on Ultra I can see far better and FURTHER than before. Look up "draw distance" on wikipedia. The draw distance is dependent on your graphics card.

If you pre-ordered the game and played the beta then you had plenty of time to cancel your pre-order before the game was released.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order