Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | Next > | Last >
Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 45º parallel Flag
Re: Battlefield 3 [Re: WannaBeLegit] * 1
    #15276359 - 10/25/11 01:30 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

WannaBeLegit said:
I have been reading reviews and the console versions seem to be crap compared to the PC.  So the only way I'll play this is when I can afford to get my PC up to snuff. 

I guess this season for the console it'll be COD MW3 for my run and gun fix.

:rofl2: wtf, what game isnt crap compared to PC games! Stop comparing this game to PC its always going to look like shit. This game is epic on console, if the look of the graphics is all that matters to you, perhaps you best stay with CoD!

Speaking of which, I just witnessed a CoD MW3 commercial and hahahahha it was such a joke, the only thing they advertised was the new killstreaks, the entire game looked the same, I dont get it, they dont even change up the GUI or anything its all the same, even the soliders and textures and maps look relatively the same, what a joke.

--------------------

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelove2shpongleIRL
Opiophile
Male

Re: Battlefield 3 [Re: snoot]
    #15276479 - 10/25/11 02:00 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I remember listinening to an interview with one of the MW dev's and he goes" People say we pump out the same game every year with different skins, look at the weapon textures in MW3. We changed a lot of things"  He continued to ramble on at how offended he is that people say they push the same product year in and year out.

--------------------
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
T. S. Eliot

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery

Re: Battlefield 3 [Re: love2shpongleIRL]
    #15276569 - 10/25/11 02:18 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

the core of MW is solid. if you look at the tweaks between mw1 and mw2, they kept most of the things that made it great and the places they changed or added made the gameplay much more dynamic.

enjoy your 2 1/2 weeks of BF3 until MW3 comes out and you wont have anyone to play with. The hilarious thing i saw last night while playing MW2 was that there were hardly any pussy campers... seems they were all waiting in line at gamestop.

Invisibleunknown1123
Experimental

Re: Battlefield 3 [Re: love2shpongleIRL]
    #15276570 - 10/25/11 02:18 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

They do. gamers are just in denial when they purchase a new COD

--------------------

OfflineWannaBeLegit
Stranger

Re: Battlefield 3 [Re: snoot]
    #15276682 - 10/25/11 02:43 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

snoot said:
Quote:

WannaBeLegit said:
I have been reading reviews and the console versions seem to be crap compared to the PC.  So the only way I'll play this is when I can afford to get my PC up to snuff. 

I guess this season for the console it'll be COD MW3 for my run and gun fix.

:rofl2: wtf, what game isnt crap compared to PC games! Stop comparing this game to PC its always going to look like shit. This game is epic on console, if the look of the graphics is all that matters to you, perhaps you best stay with CoD!

Speaking of which, I just witnessed a CoD MW3 commercial and hahahahha it was such a joke, the only thing they advertised was the new killstreaks, the entire game looked the same, I dont get it, they dont even change up the GUI or anything its all the same, even the soliders and textures and maps look relatively the same, what a joke.

In the end I'll prob end up with both games but ALL of the reviews I have been reading are saying if you want the FULL game then play it on PC.  The console is probably still going to be fun but I will wait till I can play it on PC or get it cheaper on the console.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery

Re: Battlefield 3 [Re: WannaBeLegit]
    #15276762 - 10/25/11 02:57 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i understand BF3 on PC much better than i do on a console. 64 players makes it a real combat situation....

MW3 doesnt need to overhaul its system. more people are still playing MW2 than black ops right now.. fuck, people are still playing MW1. Can any of the BF's say that?
isnt it a testament to how solid MW is if MW hasnt changed anything in the last 5 years, yet BF3 is just now catching up to it?
Im not saying BF isnt a great game. I probably would have bought it if I didnt know it was going to collect dust after 3 weeks of playing.

to everyone saying MW sucks, you are just delusional or trying to justify moving to another game because your lack of skill in MW made you so frustrated. MW is the greatest FPS ever. it blows any other game out of the water in almost every single statistic. you dont get back to back GOTY's for nothing.

Invisibletrekie
Metal man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Larger cities Flag
Re: Battlefield 3 [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #15276808 - 10/25/11 03:06 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I still play Bf2 Bfbc2 bf2142  not as much as im gonna play bf3 but they are all still populated.

Solider why you so mad  :yuno:

I bet you died a lot during beta huh

--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery

Re: Battlefield 3 [Re: trekie]
    #15277022 - 10/25/11 03:56 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

maybe in PC land they are still populated, but i have a few friends that love BF on their PS3 or 360 who got pissed because hardly anyone was playing.

the things i do appreciate about BF3, are the game length and objective types, but the gameplay and customization... fuck, everything about that game screams camping. BF wanted to play with the big boys, just wait and see what happens when you have 13 year olds tirelessly using a glitch or hack just to gain an edge. I already see there is a problem with jet camping.
BF3 worked within its niche their last few releases, for people that wanted to use squad based tactics in a slightly more realistic sense than other FPS's had to offer. its only been out for what... 15 hours and people are already finding all sorts of little stupid shit to exploit. IW excelled at making everything balanced. outside of hacking, every exploitation of seemingly unbalanced things can be easily counterbalanced.
Maybe BF3 will patch and nerf a lot of stuff, but there is no way that BF3 will stay stable and keep its users happy for the long haul.

Offlinelove2shpongleIRL
Opiophile
Male

#15277833 - 10/25/11 06:43 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

He mad. You say it won't have longevity, look at bf2, people still play that even though it came out 5-6 years ago. Another thing to consider is the pc community. The experience is way different than console, I find that there is a more mature audience compared to it's counterpart. At any rate, can't we all just get along?

--------------------
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
T. S. Eliot

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
Re: Battlefield 3 [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #15277877 - 10/25/11 06:52 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
gamestop can suck my dick i can't cancel cuss im not sure they will honor it, and still no email confirmation....fuk i prolly won't get my game for a week or something stupid like that

I hear you, my game didn't show up yet either. unfortunately I have already watched the first 30 minutes of the story of this game on youtube. I didn't want to ruin it for myself, but it's fucking incredible, awesome graphics, much better story line when everything isn't cut and paste. oh well. hopfully my copy shows up tomorrow.

to be honest as far as shipping I've been getting fucked by everybody lately. amazon, newegg, tiger direct. everything I've ordered takes like 9-15 days to arrive. is the post office going into recession now also? god damn cock suckers. everything in this country is a fucking scam, can't get past it :kingcrankey:

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Offlinelove2shpongleIRL
Opiophile
Male

Re: Battlefield 3 [Re: imachavel]
    #15277999 - 10/25/11 07:17 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Must be a nation wide issue, I paid for ups next day with tiger direct and they end up giving the package to the post office. No one seems to give a fuck anymore.

--------------------
T. S. Eliot

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#15278014 - 10/25/11 07:20 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SneezingPenis said:
the core of MW is solid. if you look at the tweaks between mw1 and mw2, they kept most of the things that made it great and the places they changed or added made the gameplay much more dynamic.

enjoy your 2 1/2 weeks of BF3 until MW3 comes out and you wont have anyone to play with. The hilarious thing i saw last night while playing MW2 was that there were hardly any pussy campers... seems they were all waiting in line at gamestop.

Battlefield has a very dedicated community that runs farther back than the MW series, and unlike that series these games have not been severely diluted.

Enjoy playing MW: Again knowing 3/4 of the people playing damn near exactly the same game as you are stuck in a different iteration because they can't afford to hock 80+$ after map packs for a slightly newish shooter every 12 months.

--------------------

wat man rly

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: woodwork Flag
    #15278036 - 10/25/11 07:26 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I hate the BF vs COD feud.  I like BF more so that is what I play.  To each their own.

BF3 will still be bumping when MW3 comes out, I promise.  At least on the PC, which is the supreme platform unarguably.
Also, there is no issue with jet camping.  Sure there are maybe 3 people on a 32 man team who wait around for it to spawn but that is hardly a problem.  Simply allows me to get more kills.

OfflineLloydChristmas
getting lost on purpose
Male User Gallery

Loc: atx Flag
    #15278584 - 10/25/11 09:08 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SneezingPenis said:
just wait and see what happens when you have 13 year olds tirelessly using a glitch or hack just to gain an edge.

I doubt anything in BF3 will be as blood-boilingly infuriating as the One Man Army Noob Tube Danger Close combo.  That single-handedly ruined MW2 for me.

I've been playing BFBC2 for a while now, and I'll throw in MW2 every once in a while to mix it up.  Only to immediately remember why it has been banished to the back of my closet.

--------------------

Offlinegref
Philosoraptor

Re: Battlefield 3 [Re: LloydChristmas]
    #15278639 - 10/25/11 09:22 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Installing right now, it's so gay. I bought the physical copy with two discs and I'm doing a freaking 11 gig download on origin. WTF I bought the discs so I didn't have to do a massive fucking download, fuck you EA.

Edited by gref (10/25/11 09:32 PM)

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
Re: Battlefield 3 [Re: gref]
    #15278678 - 10/25/11 09:31 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SneezingPenis said:
enjoy your 2 1/2 weeks of BF3 until MW3 comes out and you wont have anyone to play with.

BF3 will be better when MW3 is out because all of the run'n'gun COD jackasses will be gone.

Quote:

SneezingPenis said:
the things i do appreciate about BF3, are the game length and objective types, but the gameplay and customization... fuck, everything about that game screams camping.

Once again, run'n'gunner. BF3 is a tactical FPS, while MW3 is a run'n'gun arcade game.

There is a subtle difference between camping and being tactical. In Rush mode the defenders are meant to camp! In Conquest you are supposed to camp and defend your captured points. It seems that knowledge is beyond you.

Quote:

SneezingPenis said:
maybe in PC land they are still populated, but i have a few friends that love BF on their PS3 or 360 who got pissed because hardly anyone was playing.

BF2 and BF2142 were meant for the PC community and they still both have heavily populated servers.

BC1/2 were meant for consoles. Last time I checked the BC2 servers on PS3 were still populated.

Anyone who played Black Ops on PC knows that game was shitty from the core. It gave people with good PC systems stuttering problems because it was so damn CPU heavy that quad core CPU's were maxing out even though the game was far less visually and mechanically demanding than other games. Crysis was running smoother than on PC's in which Black Ops was having problems. It was a shitty engine, period.

I have a feeling MW3 will be just as un-optimized as Black Ops. Look at BF3, the beta was buggy as hell but the final game is nearly flawless.

Know why MW games never have a beta? It's because its the SAME DAMN game with new textures and new kill streaks...

Quote:

imachavel said:
is the post office going into recession now also?

Check the news. The post office is barely making ends meet. They have been closing down post offices across the nation because they can't afford to keep them open. That's what happens when you have a service that primarily takes letters clear across the nation for less than 50 cents. Also, who sends letters anymore? Most of the mail the post office delivers is junk mail and bills.

Quote:

gref said:
Installing right now, it's so gay. I bought the physical copy with two disks and I'm doing a freaking 11 gig download on origin. WTF I bought the disk so I didn't have to do a massive fucking download, fuck you EA.

Did you try to install with the disk? Or did you just enter your CD Key into Origin? I have the digital download version and my download was 11 gigs for the game...something doesn't seem right.

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

Edited by BlimeyGrimey (10/25/11 09:39 PM)

Offlinegref
Philosoraptor

Re: Battlefield 3 [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #15278709 - 10/25/11 09:37 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

gref said:
Installing right now, it's so gay. I bought the physical copy with two disks and I'm doing a freaking 11 gig download on origin. WTF I bought the disk so I didn't have to do a massive fucking download, fuck you EA.

Did you try to install with the disk? Or did you just enter your CD Key into Origin? I have the digital download version and my download was 11 gigs for the game...something doesn't seem right.

Yeah, I tried it twice and both times after putting in the instillation CD it took me to origin asked me for a key, then started the download. Okay so it got 50% through the download then asked me for the second CD...
Okay I feel like EA is totally fucking with me and the discs are bogus or something. Windows is telling me that the first CD has about 6 GB of data while the second has about 5 GB.
What is the deal?

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #15278719 - 10/25/11 09:40 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Dude...

Go into the CD directory manually. Through the "My Computer" icon then your CD drive. Then select the Setup.exe manually...

Be aware that it may take awhile after click the setup file for the actual installer to start. Give it a few minutes...

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Offlinegref
Philosoraptor

Re: Battlefield 3 [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #15278820 - 10/25/11 10:11 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

LOL I did run the setup and that's what happened.

Anyways, after the beta all the platoons and friends list were erased so I recreated the shroomery platoon. Simply go to platoon and search for "The Shroomery", make a request to join and I will accept it.
Check out our emblem! :mushroom2::rofl::rockon:

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #15278828 - 10/25/11 10:12 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I would join but I've already joined a platoon with some bf2/bf2142/bc2 friends.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom