Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
we are the universe
    #1407030 - 03/24/03 07:42 PM (21 years, 28 days ago)

ok we all know that ultimately we are just stardust. heavy elements borne out of a supernova. well thats great but lets think about it. we look at the universe as an alien thing, and we ponder to ourselfs about how we got here and whats out there. we say we are trying to understand it, search though it and ultimately travel it. but if we are just star dust, the universe itself, all it boils down to is the universe trying to understand itself.

something i thought up high. so whats your thoughts? peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: we are the universe [Re: blaze2]
    #1407123 - 03/24/03 08:50 PM (21 years, 28 days ago)

Its as far into the fractal as we can imagine to see

Offlineresol
Stranger
    #1407470 - 03/25/03 02:41 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

I'm just wondering who you are referring to when you say "we." I find it hard to believe that every person in the world sees our universe as being 'alien.' I wonder if this perception is simply a bi-product of the society in which we live. Society can and does have a very strong influence on who we are and what we perceive.

America seemingly places a very strong influence on the surface of things, making sure they look and appear to be, well, perfect. I see a lot of empty slogans and phrases on Television and in Advertising which are, unfortunately, the widespread 'collected consciousness' of the masses. At least that's my perception of it, undoubtedly biased due to some aspect of the world in which I grew up in.

I think the main thing that's missing from the world, which separates us from feeling connected to the world, is honesty. It's hard to be honest in a society where it's more important to look, act, be, and desire specific ways than to be truly honest with what goes on inside of us. Any intellectual can see this (j/k).

Invisiblebuttonion
Calmly Watching

Loc: Kansas
    #1407618 - 03/25/03 04:03 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

...the universe trying to understand itself.

Cool. So now try to keep this idea, and the view that underlies it, always in the back of your head. Don't just forget it and fall back into consensus-reality. See how your default way of looking at things changes over time- you may be in for a wild ride!...and weed and shrooms help too.  :wink: 

--------------------
Concepts which have been proved to be useful in ordering things easily acquire such an authority over us that we forget their human origins and accept them as invariable.- Albert Einstein

Offlinethe universe
Harbinger ofEldritch Despair
Male

Loc: Under your bed
Re: we are the universe [Re: buttonion]
    #1407841 - 03/25/03 05:51 AM (21 years, 28 days ago)

Now that's an interesting idea! :wink:

--------------------
"If you had a million years to do it in, you couldn't rub out even half the 'Fuck you' signs in the world."- J. D. Salinger

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: we are the universe [Re: the universe]
    #1408435 - 03/25/03 09:40 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

yea resol i know that not everyone does believe the universe is "alien" but the majority does, and i was using it like we as a people. its the best way i could think to word it. writing isnt my repitoire.

button you dont have to worry about me just forgeting about this one. its probrobly the smartest thing i ever thought while high.

well thanks for responding. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

Loc: Lost in the Patterns
    #1409116 - 03/25/03 01:53 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

You hit the nail on the head, in my opinion. Just live like that! Happiness follows. :grin: 

--------------------
need that cash to feed them jones.

OfflineGrowingVines
Slowly Changinginto a Tree
Loc: GA
Re: we are the universe [Re: Teragon]
    #1409923 - 03/25/03 07:55 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

Just flow and be happy, try to make other people happy. Well actually just be.

--------------------
Peace out my brothers, for everyone has a bit of insanity in them

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #1411606 - 03/26/03 12:42 PM (21 years, 26 days ago)

The energy and matter which your conciousness is made from may have been part of the energy and matter that some other conciousness was made from in the past.

Think about it.

You have existed since the beginning of the universe and will continue to exist to the end of the universe.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Anonymous

Re: we are the universe [Re: trendal]
    #1411651 - 03/26/03 01:06 PM (21 years, 26 days ago)

the end of the universe

whatever that is.  :grin: 

OfflineEidolon_Phantasm
"The Groover"

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Re: we are the universe [Re: ]
    #1411735 - 03/26/03 01:38 PM (21 years, 26 days ago)

"An ongoing process of REFINEMENT is what we are
From rays of light to exploded star"

--------------------
"The Wanderer Of The Subconscious Realm"

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: we are the universe [Re: Eidolon_Phantasm]
    #1412267 - 03/26/03 05:13 PM (21 years, 26 days ago)

I feel that I am alien to the universe.

exept when I'm on mushrooms.  :tongue:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Edited by Murex (03/26/03 05:14 PM)

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: we are the universe [Re: Murex]
    #1412827 - 03/26/03 09:40 PM (21 years, 26 days ago)

wow never expected this many replies thx guys u all make good points i especially like trendal's it boggles the mind.

just like trying to imagine the end of the universe like max said. imagine everything ending you would have nothing. nothing, never ending nothing, but really if you think about its never beginning nothing. now that boggles the mind. peace

blaze2

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
    #1414570 - 03/27/03 01:27 PM (21 years, 25 days ago)

Wow we've come a long way since stardust, but remain limited within the conceptual mind. Do we have a spirit mind barried away somwhere, i hope so. All this travelling deeper through samsara is really taking its toll on my conceptual mind, all i see is death, but i keep going and going, i cant stop, i feel like trent reznor over here baby, shit man. i'll send you guys a postcard when i get to heaven, i can only keep " looking ".

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order