Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

how can one rationalize to hardly ever smoke weed?
    #14060448 - 03/03/11 02:29 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

honestly id like to keep my weed use to twice a month maybe.  im curious though how one can rationalize smoking so little?

i know weed is harmless but it makes me scatterbrained and cost money/i feel being centered is the only way im going to be able to make some of the changes im looking for in my life.   

:peggy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOdd
me no understand english :)
Male

Loc: Latvia Flag
Re: how can one rationalize to hardly ever smoke weed? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #14060475 - 03/03/11 02:33 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i smoke weed 3-4 times a YEAR, i really don't like it. i don't understand why everyone likes smoking so much.

--------------------

What's next?

Edited by Odd (03/03/11 02:35 PM)

Offlinegodisanastronaut
eurofag \o/

#14060570 - 03/03/11 02:46 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
i know weed is harmless

slight misinformation here

--------------------

All things are true. God's an Astronaut. Oz is Over the Rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters live.

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
    #14060593 - 03/03/11 02:51 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Smoking cannabis once a month or so is grand, for brand new perspective, insight, and bursts in creativity. Smoking it everyday I wouldn't be able to keep my life in order at the pace that it is going right now.

--------------------

OfflineNoOneImportant
Just a pawn in the game
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Midwest
Re: how can one rationalize to hardly ever smoke weed? [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #14060619 - 03/03/11 02:56 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I'm trying to do the same thing with not smoking everyday and it's tough.  Been a daily smoker for about 2-3 years and although it was a ton of fun I needed change.  Rationalize by thinking of it as you are progressing as a person.  I haven't smoked in about 3 weeks but still want to.  I'm trying to go till the end of may so the weather is nice and I got smoke a little and go to the park to enjoy the hell out of it.

--------------------
Take when in need.  Give when you can.

Offlinestranger_danger
psychonaut
Male

Loc: somewhere around here
    #14060627 - 03/03/11 02:57 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I smoke 2-4 times a day every day for the past, idk, decade-ish? .... i have no self control and stay high all the time. So at least you can feel good knowing your not as big of a lazy ass stoner as me?

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
Re: how can one rationalize to hardly ever smoke weed? [Re: stranger_danger]
    #14061143 - 03/03/11 04:23 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Just tell them you start having fantasies about the same sex and it feels like your brain is melting in the most horrifying way, you can't tell if you exist or not, the past seems like it's a series of painful tragedies, motor control decreases like someone has kicked you in the head several times, the universe is hostile and your life is on probation (so fuck going outside - ie. acute agoraphobia), etc.

You might have to slim that down.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

#14061205 - 03/03/11 04:31 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
i feel being centered is the only way im going to be able to make some of the changes im looking for in my life.   

:peggy:

That's a good feeling.  My friend, I think I kinda blew the first 24 yrs of my life, so I've had to cut drugs and some bad habits out of my life complete to make any advancements.  So I'm with you and I say, keep it up.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: how can one rationalize to hardly ever smoke weed? [Re: Ginseng1]
    #14061238 - 03/03/11 04:34 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

We're all gonna have to 'face' ourselves at some point.  Why not now?

I have a friend that smokes habitually.  He talks about how life is 'good' and he's happy.  yet when I ask him why the fuck he smokes all day, he says that without it he thinks too much and can't enjoy and blah blah blah..

I say go for what's real!  And go for what's true.  Face yourself and stop running for these so called 'comforts' which only serve to bind us to this fucking win and lose game with life.

And I speak of course, only to those that actually feel like they need change. 

For the motherfucks that smoke and don't give a fuck and are happy and having an amazing life - do your thing.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Offlinepmb
Male

Loc: Washington
    #14063722 - 03/03/11 11:01 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Why do you have have to rationalize using drugs in moderation. It should just be common sense to moderate.

--------------------
Don't smell the flowers, They're an evil drug to make you lose your mind

Invisiblebigmike7104
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: USA Flag
Re: how can one rationalize to hardly ever smoke weed? [Re: pmb]
    #14063746 - 03/03/11 11:07 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

and in moderation you get much higher

--------------------
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must
Feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines

OfflineTri High
Whigro
 User Gallery

Loc: Monaghan, Ireland
    #14064968 - 03/04/11 07:36 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

My roommate put it quite eloquently the other night.

Smoking pot makes you dumb.  My experience related to this involves working in a restaurant. 

In the kitchen, being high hurts.  Making progress on the night's cleaning tasks is hard because you can't think in a straight line.  Working with other people when they're stoned is bad too because you can only facepalm at their ineptitude.

One loses motivation and has a foggy head.  In my experience these things are true.  I know I haven't said much but getting things done under pot's influence seems to happen a lot slower.

Plus it's expensive.  I have no money for it in my budget so I don't buy it but will enjoy it on a party night when I am invited to enjoy it with a friend or friends of mine.

--------------------
you just need money to get laid - starfire_xes

Offlinefazdazzle
Wanderer

Re: how can one rationalize to hardly ever smoke weed? [Re: Tri High]
    #14066662 - 03/04/11 02:33 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Tri High said:

Smoking pot makes you dumb.  My experience related to this involves working in a restaurant. 

In the kitchen, being high hurts.  Making progress on the night's cleaning tasks is hard because you can't think in a straight line.  Working with other people when they're stoned is bad too because you can only facepalm at their ineptitude.

One loses motivation and has a foggy head.  In my experience these things are true.  I know I haven't said much but getting things done under pot's influence seems to happen a lot slower.

Plus it's expensive.  I have no money for it in my budget so I don't buy it but will enjoy it on a party night when I am invited to enjoy it with a friend or friends of mine.

That's eloquent?

Anyway, you're saying this is true for everyone? It's partially true for me, but I have friends it's absolutely not true for.

I have to admit, though, that this may be true over a long period of time. Persistent smoking *may* be harmful to one's mental health over a long time even if they initially weren't negative effected by it. I don't know any long term smokers, though.

OfflineCannashroom
Smoke two Joints
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: how can one rationalize to hardly ever smoke weed? [Re: Tri High]
    #14066700 - 03/04/11 02:40 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Tri High said:

Smoking pot makes you dumb doesn't sound very eloquent to me.  Stupid inept people will exacerbate their unfortunate condition with weed.  For others of us, we don't have that problem.

I have been writing lab reports (and doing labs) high for years and getting strait As.  I can cook and clean high very efficiently.  Sometimes I'll get distracted, but I get distracted and procrastinate when I'm sober just the same.

If you can't wash dishes at a normal highness, the problem is with you, not the weed.

Now, of course tolerance is important here, someone who smokes chronically, can handle this stuff much better.  Someone who smokes rarely it will be more like tripping where literally nothing gets done because you become distracted by everything.

I'd like to smoke less to save money and get higher, but having a toke after a long day is just so relaxing.  I couldn't smoke all day long every day, but I could smoke every evening no problem.  It is all how you use it.

--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale