Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Offline13.step
cynical bastard
Male

Re: What exactly is ADD or ADHD? How grossly overdiagnosed is it? [Re: Heffy]
    #14071022 - 03/05/11 01:40 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Then years later what happens? It turns out SSRI's actually make already depressed patients want to kill themselves?

No they don't look up what you yourself posted.

Hey I agree with you, you know best how something makes you feel and what you should do with your life (like what drugs you should take/avoid and how you should live it). I have no idea about your particular situation but when people get to a psychiatrist it's not for shits and giggles, they really do need help so what point is there other then denial or ignorance to hate on the guy who you yourself went to get help from? You have a lot of hate towards the medical profession, probably justified in your worldview. I can tell you that I know a lot of people who are on their way to becoming MD's (all kinds) and some who alredy are and the whole profession is about helping people, the patient comes first, and I don't for a moment believe they get any money based on how many pills they Rx, this is not Somalia for fucks sake, it's the civilized world. The party you saw is as far as the pharma industry can legally go.

And stop putting trained professional in quotes, they're not unicorns, they really exist whether you like them or not.

--------------------
Not to be taken seriously by any means!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
Re: What exactly is ADD or ADHD? How grossly overdiagnosed is it? [Re: 13.step]
    #14071484 - 03/05/11 03:44 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

Besides some of the stimulants that are used as recreational drugs, I feel most drugs developed for mental disorders were developed because they are expensive and can make a lot of money for the drug company.

I feel that a lot of the drugs are garbage, it's like they took recreational type drugs, took all the feel good effects out, and added a bunch of shitty mental and physical side effects.

--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: What exactly is ADD or ADHD? How grossly overdiagnosed is it? [Re: wow]
    #14071556 - 03/05/11 04:00 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

its hard for me to concentrate for long periods of time just for the sake of learning something..  my mind would rather think about things it wants to think about..  however if im thinking about something i like or care to think about my concentration is unmatched..  im glad my brain works like this because its made me alot more creative and free thinking. 

Uhhh, isn't this more or less "normal"?

Offline13.step
cynical bastard
Male

Re: What exactly is ADD or ADHD? How grossly overdiagnosed is it? [Re: starfire_xes]
    #14071810 - 03/05/11 04:54 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

Nah man, you got it wrong, they're expensive because they cost a huge pile of money to develop, it's a great thing if they get that money back before the patent expires, we're talking into the billions here.

And expensive? My lamictal costs me about 10 $ a month, that's not much even by east european standards.

--------------------
Not to be taken seriously by any means!

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Re: What exactly is ADD or ADHD? How grossly overdiagnosed is it? [Re: 13.step]
    #14072257 - 03/05/11 06:36 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

Hell, I got on a prescription assistance program and only pay about $20 a month instead of close to $300. And that program is directly sponsored by the pharmaceutical manufacturers.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

Re: What exactly is ADD or ADHD? How grossly overdiagnosed is it? [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #14193190 - 03/27/11 04:21 PM (13 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

WakeboardrB said:
Hell, I got on a prescription assistance program and only pay about $20 a month instead of close to $300. And that program is directly sponsored by the pharmaceutical manufacturers.

if you need it and they overprice they damn well should. You are more apt to use it and that money they do make off of you is mostly profit, like all things.

they develop too damn many drugs, some with very little change and just about anyone will tell you to try cheap generics of whatever you may have to be on.

I am mostly speaking to the fact that some adults with ADHD or ADD just don't act like fucking adults, and I personally get annoyed by a lot of ADHD children.

A lot of stuff is just laziness, with a shitty attitude. I certainly can't understand why the fuck people with this often don't really do shit about it. Thats why its hard to care.

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]