Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshad0want
Homo periergus
mutation question
    #1404938 - 03/24/03 04:17 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

Granny M asked me to post this question about her thailand strain birdseed casings, but i am not sure whether it should go here or the general cultivation forum. So, apologies in advance.

She is such a nice lady, but hard as she tries, she does not seem to be making the best mycologist one would hope-- her casings seemed to be progressing nicely and a few regular looking pins have formed, but overall, the thing looks like meaty, shroom-stalk colored bubbles that in the past day, have started growing things that look like caps, only they are mostly at the *bottom* and the white stem grows on top (Actually, there are a couple of norrmal pins, some instances of this inversion, and the rest is kinda like an undifferentiated mass of fleshy cream and brown bubbles)

- Any idea why? (would, say, something like too much light cause this? she forgot the light on two nights in a row)
- Anything that can be done to fix this?
- Will she still be able to offer whatever grows at the tea party she will be hosting for the ladies of her sewing circle?
- Any suggestions where one can find info on mutations?

Thanks!

--------------------
What? Surely, you did not take me seriously?!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: mutation question [Re: shad0want]
    #1406085 - 03/24/03 12:00 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

I believe your Granny M is ok and everything you describe about her work is normal. Remember to tell her to give enough air circulation, small, fat fruitbodies are often a result of lack of oxygen.
I was about to move this thread to cult forum but i think this is a good example of an inacurate interpretation about related issues in this forum, so i'll leave it.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlineshad0want
Homo periergus
Re: mutation question [Re: MAIA]
    #1406361 - 03/24/03 01:39 PM (21 years, 9 days ago)

Thanks for the response.  She fans 3-4 times a day, and the pins that are not freaky looking seem "normal" (as far as one can tell from the various pics here).  It is that inversion, cap down thing that she cannot figgure out.

Again, apologies if this is the wrong forum.  I really didn't know where it fits :frown:  Should i move it? 

--------------------

OfflineMAIA
Male User Gallery

#1407207 - 03/24/03 10:39 PM (21 years, 9 days ago)

No, you won't move a thing because you can't and that's my job :wink: .
Btw, are you saying the caps are growing facing the ground ?

MAIA

--------------------

Voltaire

Offlineshad0want
Homo periergus
    #1407402 - 03/25/03 01:36 AM (21 years, 9 days ago)

Heheheh
I respectfully defer to the authority :smile:

And yes.  :confused:  Head down, feet (or rather, fleshy, bubbly fat foot) in the air.  On a couple of them, one can even see the baby gills.  And the majority of growth looks kinda like blobs of melted marshmallow (complete with the brown cap areas to simulate the toasting).  Wish a cam was available :undecided:

I hear these are Koh Samui and, from pics I've seen, they are pretty fleshy and thick, and somewhat strange-looking.  But not all sideways and upside-down.  Any chance contams may cause such things?  And if they are just freaks of nature, would they be ok for consumption?
Given that Granny is new to all of this and has almost fekked up on many an occasion, she is getting kinda discouraged.

Thanks for listening to an old lady's sorrows :wink:
(and bearing with a shroomery newbie)   

--------------------

OfflineMAIA
Male User Gallery

#1407882 - 03/25/03 06:02 AM (21 years, 9 days ago)

I don't want to force you to use your artistic capabilities but a drawing will be better than nothing, some scanner work or even a drawing in paint would do. From your last description it doesn't sound good.
Ask the old lady !

MAIA

--------------------

Voltaire

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
    #1411815 - 03/26/03 02:18 PM (21 years, 7 days ago)

Just for your reference:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum2&Number=1411811&Main=1411811#Post1411811

Finally got ahold of a camera.
Thanks for your help.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order