Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Academy Awards Anti-War Message from Michael Moore [Re: Xlea321]
    #1405278 - 03/24/03 06:47 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

So liberals hate micheal moore. Makes about as much sense as anything you post I suppose.

ouch ya got me...i'm bleeding.

Quote:

Women in your area are actually men?

just the English ones with funky teeth.

Quote:

Whatever medication the psychiatrist is giving you, ask him to double it.

*rim shot* but seriously folks...

you're english, please stop the humor, it's not your strong point.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Academy Awards Anti-War Message from Michael Moore [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1405292 - 03/24/03 06:53 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

"He is not my president."

this reminds me of braveheart.
"i swore no alligeance to him"
"yes, but he is still your king".

much bloodshed ensued. mjshroomer, if you become modern day william wallace, i will surely join your cause.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Academy Awards Anti-War Message from Michael Moore [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1405317 - 03/24/03 07:07 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

Well said, and ditto.

And so you don't feel left out Fart, I feel the same way about your posts and your "logic".

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1405322 - 03/24/03 07:09 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Then someone said Bush was my President and i replied he was not my president and explained why he was not my president.

You can claim he's not, you may not wish him to be, but as long as you live in the US, he is.

All the arguements in the world will not change that.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #1405465 - 03/24/03 07:58 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Quite possibly an idiot who makes a few million dollars a year, as opposed to people who repsond to messages that say he is an idiot and those people are not making millions of dollars a year.

What does his income have to do with anything?

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Academy Awards Anti-War Message from Michael Moore [Re: z@z.com]
    #1405472 - 03/24/03 08:02 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

I was wondering the same thing

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Academy Awards Anti-War Message from Michael Moore [Re: Phred]
    #1405475 - 03/24/03 08:04 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

Id like to see some proof of the jumbled sentences etc. Surelly if this were true in the land of the lawyer somebody would have sued Moore's ass by now.

I'd also like to hear what he has to say about the various claims made in those 2 articles.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Academy Awards Anti-War Message from Michael Moore [Re: shoe]
    #1405724 - 03/24/03 09:29 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

shoe writes:

Those two sites you linked: one is a commentary. Someone elses opinion does not make fact.

Although it is a commentary, it also includes many examples of the dishonest representations Moore uses. Not slanting, not biased "spinning", not selective quotation, not even just taking quotes out of context; but outright falsehoods and staged events.

The other is a decent article, but it fails to acknowledge one thing..
There is no such thing as an unbiased documentary.

The author's point is that Moore has gone beyond bias -- way beyond bias and into actual lies, fabrication, and actionable libel. The author does not criticize Moore for slanting, he criticizes him for dishonesty. Bowling for Columbine is no more a documentary than was Oliver Stone's movie about the Kennedy assassination. If you had read the link, you would know this already. Here is what he has to say about your point:

"The point is not that Bowling is unfair, or that its conclusions are incorrect. No, the point is that Bowling is deliberately, seriously, and consistently deceptive. A viewer cannot count upon any aspect of it, even when the viewer believes he is seeing video of an event occurring or a person speaking."

pinky

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Academy Awards Anti-War Message from Michael Moore [Re: GazzBut]
    #1405752 - 03/24/03 09:42 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

GazzBut writes:

Id like to see some proof of the jumbled sentences etc.

It's all there on the link. You did actually take the time to read it before shooting off your yap, didn't you? The author is scrupulously careful to provide links on where, for example, you can obtain the footage of Heston's speeches. Anyone with that footage and a copy of Bowling for Columbine can compare the two and see precisely how Moore has rearranged it all. The author details it practically frame by frame, for pete's sake!

Surelly if this were true in the land of the lawyer somebody would have sued Moore's ass by now.

There is no question that Heston has an actionable case of libel. Heston, however, is a very old, very ill man, with more money than he needs to live out the rest of his days. I don't blame him for not bothering to give this drivel more attention than it deserves.

Some more commentary for those who can't be bothered reading the link:

Moore's own assessment of Bowling is to the point: "It's funny, poignant and interesting, your perfect Saturday night out." That might of course be said of good comedic fiction.

For a documentary, though, one expects more. For example, truth.

The point is not that Bowling is unfair, or lacking in objectivity. One might hope that a documentary would be fair and objective, but nothing rules out a rousing polemic now and then.

The point is far more fundamental: Bowling for Columbine is dishonest. It is fraudulent. It fixes upon a theme, and advances it, whenever necessary, by deception. It even uses the audio/video editor to assemble a Heston speech that Heston did not give, and to turn sympathetic phrases into arrogant ones. You can't even trust the narrator to read you a plaque or show you a speech, for Pete's sake.

The bottom line: can a film be called a documentary when the viewer cannot trust an iota of it, not only the narration, but the video? I suppose film critics could debate that one for a long time, and some might prefer entertainment and effect to fact and truth. But the Academy Award rules here are specific. Rule 11 lays out "Special Rules for the Documentary Award." And it begins with the definition: "A documentary film is defined as a non-fiction motion picture . . . ." It goes on to say that a documentary doesn't always have to show the "actual occurrence": it can employ re-enactment, etc., "as long as the emphasis is on factual content and not on fiction."

Unfortunately, the Academy seems to have considered Rule 11 as dispensible so long as the film in question is one attacking one Charlton Heston, and the NRA.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Academy Awards Anti-War Message from Michael Moore [Re: Phred]
    #1405829 - 03/24/03 10:13 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

I agree 100% with what Michael Moore said at the Academy Awards. He hit the nail on the head, and it's nice to see people slam the tyrant Bush at large events such as the Academy Awards.

--------------------

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
Re: Academy Awards Anti-War Message from Michael Moore [Re: Zahid]
    #1405957 - 03/24/03 11:05 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

Everyone should go here and click under Documentary Feature to watch streaming video of Moore answering the media's questions after the ceremony.

Edited by dee_N_ae (03/24/03 12:06 PM)

Anonymous

Re: Academy Awards Anti-War Message from Michael Moore [Re: z@z.com]
    #1406006 - 03/24/03 11:26 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

i like moore's films. i enjoy watching them. but i know better than to take him seriously.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: Academy Awards Anti-War Message from Michael Moore [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #1406011 - 03/24/03 11:29 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

Thanks for that link dee!!!

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Anonymous

Re: Academy Awards Anti-War Message from Michael Moore [Re: pattern]
    #1406017 - 03/24/03 11:30 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

michael moore is an enemy of freedom

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Academy Awards Anti-War Message from Michael Moore [Re: ]
    #1406031 - 03/24/03 11:38 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

Michael Moore gassed the Kurds!

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Academy Awards Anti-War Message from Michael Moore [Re: ]
    #1406073 - 03/24/03 11:56 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

I think he has a very open mind.

You cant expand your horizons or do much without an open minded outlook on life.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Academy Awards Anti-War Message from Michael Moore [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #1406188 - 03/24/03 12:35 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

Very cool link.

Thanks.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Academy Awards Anti-War Message from Michael Moore [Re: Xlea321]
    #1406263 - 03/24/03 12:59 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

The only medication I eat is pussy.

mj

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder