Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinerhizo
herb eater
Loc: Superposition of possible...
Re: Let's not support our troops [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1406355 - 03/24/03 03:36 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i support american troops who surrender. if you're talking about iraqi troops surrendering, well i guess you can believe the propaganda, like when they said that 8,000 troops had surrendered en masse...more like en bullshit. wake up

--------------------
An optimist is never pleasantly surprised.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
Re: Let's not support our troops [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1406360 - 03/24/03 03:38 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I nominate Rail Gun as the most unpredictable independent thinker on this forum. I respect that immensely.

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
Re: Let's not support our troops [Re: EchoVortex]
    #1406392 - 03/24/03 03:48 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I nominate Rail Gun as the most unpredictable independent thinker on this forum. I respect that immensely. 

I nominate luvdemshrooms  :tongue: 

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Let's not support our troops [Re: EchoVortex]
    #1406395 - 03/24/03 03:48 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks!

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Let's not support our troops [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1406402 - 03/24/03 03:51 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

If nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve.

Gen William Sherman

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Let's not support our troops [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1406406 - 03/24/03 03:52 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

I nominate luvdemshrooms  :tongue: 

What the hell are you talking about???  Luvdemshrooms is easily one of the most predictable members on this board.  It's always stuff about how "libbies" ruin everything, U.N. is worthless, Welfare is stealing, Protesters support Saddam, France sux, etc. and insert witty insult here.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
Re: Let's not support our troops [Re: silversoul7]
    #1406414 - 03/24/03 03:56 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

What the hell are you talking about??? Luvdemshrooms is easily one of the most predictable members on this board. It's always stuff about how "libbies" ruin everything, U.N. is worthless, Welfare is stealing, Protesters support Saddam, France sux, etc. and insert witty insult here. 

It's just too hard to get sarcasm across on an internet forum  :wink: 

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1406447 - 03/24/03 04:09 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Rail_Gun, I really admire your posts in this thread. I am happy to know that you see what a terrible thing this really is.

I think the problem with Americans is that they are thousands of miles away from this war. If this was in OUR soil, Im sure things would be a hell of a lot different. No one wants to witness war first hand. I mean, the American people as we speak are doing things normally, "Oh, there's a war, I hope everything is okay"...Then doing their daily activities. We live in such a privelaged place.

No matter what the government says "Oh we are not targeting civilians", I know for a fact that those troops have a strong hatred towards the arabic people. They have been brainwashed to think that they too are part of the problem. I know some people who were in the first gulf war, and still to this day call Arabs "sand niggers"... That shows obvious disrespect and ignorance to the whole subject. We are really not going to be able to destroy Iraq's infrastructure and buildings without many civilan deaths. No matter how "smart" our missles are, we are still going to inflict a lot of damage upon the people.

Offlinehtownkid28
pimpin' ain'teasy

Loc: in hell! aahhh!!!!!
    #1406452 - 03/24/03 04:11 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I read in the papers and off the wires about our great victories we've had so far capturing oil fields. The oil fields are the most important to capture. The generals have their priorities, liberate the oil fields and then the people, lol. It shows it's about the oil, blood for oil.

actually, it's about protecting the iraqi infrastucture. let's face it, iraq's economy depends heavily on their oil fields. if we allowed saddam to torch them on his way out of power, then how will we expect the iraqi economy to flourish when we leave?

And now I see on television that in one city the marines are going door to door to fight people. That shows me indisputibly that this war is against arab people.

the reason they were going door to door was that the so called "civillians" that they were fighting, were actually soldiers wearing civillian attire. it's all part of the guerrilla/terroristic tactics that saddam's regime has resorted to in order to gain some kind of an edge and slow the US troops down so that he can remain in power longer.

--------------------
"in your pockets with red hot rockets!"

"I love it when a plan comes together!"

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: Let's not support our troops [Re: htownkid28]
    #1406485 - 03/24/03 04:22 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

And now I see on television that in one city the marines are going door to door to fight people. That shows me indisputibly that this war is against arab people.

the reason they were going door to door was that the so called "civillians" that they were fighting, were actually soldiers wearing civillian attire. it's all part of the guerrilla/terroristic tactics that saddam's regime has resorted to in order to gain some kind of an edge and slow the US troops down so that he can remain in power longer.

Has it occured to you that civilians in Iraq are armed, almost every Iraqi home has at least one gun. I'd bet that a lot of these "soldiers in civilian attire" are civilians doing all they can to protect their family. When soldiers start going door to door every man has the responsibliity to stick up. There's no way to justify going in to a city and terrorizing every family in the city. This kind of terror should meet with armed resistance. This is the sort of intolerable act that forced the American colonists to rebellion against English tyranny.

--------------------

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Let's not support our troops [Re: rhizo]
    #1406489 - 03/24/03 04:25 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Actually there really is no "Iraq" what they call Iraq in the news is really Utah, and this is really a genocide of the Mormons by subtererranium bug people who have seized controll of the media/military.

You're the one who needs to wake up... and grow up.

Offlinerhizo
herb eater
Loc: Superposition of possible...
Re: Let's not support our troops [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1406518 - 03/24/03 04:38 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

You're the one who needs to wake up...

you're the one who's buyin what they're sellin...not me. have fun "liberating" the iraqi people.

--------------------
An optimist is never pleasantly surprised.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1406536 - 03/24/03 04:48 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Finally a voice of reason in this thread.
How come you all don't mention how the Iraqi troops attack from windows and doors of hospitals. They obviously have on regard for the safety of their own people. If your Iraqi soldiers are so brave, how come they hid behind the skirts of their women and children? Feigning a surrender only to ambush puts the lives of the soldiers that genuinely try to surrender at risk. They obviously have regard for the lives of there own people, but then Saddam has already proven that.
Any Iraqi fighter not in uniform or wearing some sort of visible insignia should be treated as an illegal combatant under the rules of the Geneva convention. Put them in Guantanamo and see how they get along with Al Quada. If they really hate each other, maybe they will kill each other in there.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Offlinehtownkid28
pimpin' ain'teasy

Loc: in hell! aahhh!!!!!
    #1406537 - 03/24/03 04:49 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Has it occured to you that civilians in Iraq are armed, almost every Iraqi home has at least one gun.

yes it has. it was reported months ago that saddam issued guns to every iraqi citizen specifically for the purpose of fighting the US soldiers upon their entering the city. at the same time, though, it was no secret to the iraqi people that war was on the horizon and they knew that coalition forces would be passing thru their cities and towns. so, having said that, if you were an iraqi citizen why would you step out of your house and engage either side knowing that there would most assuredly be return fire? why would you risk your life and the lives of your family like that? i don't blame the marines for fighting back. if i was out there and someone was firing at me from a house, i would definitely return fire. btw, these weren't hunting rifles these people had. so, the picture that you painted of bloodthirsty american soldiers attacking families and looting the country doesn't really hold up.

--------------------
"in your pockets with red hot rockets!"

"I love it when a plan comes together!"

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1406544 - 03/24/03 04:54 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I feel like the whole anti-war movement in my country has lost it's way by supporting that which it says it's against.

You make good points. I think that many anti-war protestors say they support the troops so as to NOT get the basic argument(s) derailed by additional emotionalism; sort of like the medical marijuana people saying that are not for full legalization but for compassion.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

#1406546 - 03/24/03 04:55 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

if you were an iraqi citizen why would you step out of your house and engage either side knowing that there would most assuredly be return fire?

I'm not talking about guys going out and shooting at soldiers, I'm talking about marines going door to door bringing the battle to the family kitchen of every home in a city.

--------------------

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1406548 - 03/24/03 04:55 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Iraqi civillians have no need to protect their families from our soliers. You make it sound like we go in and rape and execute the civillians. That is Saddams MO ntot ours.

--------------------

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1406552 - 03/24/03 04:58 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Iraq has brought the battle to the suburbs not us. Why is that so hard for you to understand. We would gladly meet them in the dessert if they had the balls.

--------------------

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: Let's not support our troops [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1406562 - 03/24/03 05:04 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Iraq has brought the battle to the suburbs not us. Why is that so hard for you to understand. We would gladly meet them in the dessert if they had the balls.

That's the problem, the US started a war to get the A-rabs oil. They'de be fools to fight pitched battles against the most powerful military in the world. It's not a matter of balls, it's brains.

Do you know many military men and conservatives? I do. They're about all I know. They all hate the A-rabs, towel heads, and sand niggers. The soldiers on the ground mostly have this same bloodthirstyness in their veins. Given this I'm not surprised that they are attacking families.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1406585 - 03/24/03 05:21 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I can't say I really support the troops, but I wish them the best. I'd rather not see anyone harmed. I don't want to see the american soldiers succeed in killing the Iraqi people, and I don't want to see american troops killed.

One of the main reasons I'm against the war is because I don't want to see ANYONE harmed.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

General Interest >> Political Discussion