Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinegoldenora
Psychonaut inTraining

Vermiculate and the Home De Pot
    #1405730 - 03/24/03 11:31 AM (14 years, 4 days ago)

all my local nurseries have been checked they dont carry the stuff... all major home improvement stores & garden centers checked they dont carry it either...

homedepot carries it... in a 40CU feet bag!! its fukin hoooooouge $9.99 its a great price for the quantity i think and its a medium-fine organic... i live in an apartment and will be working on my first two syringes what the hell do i do with leftover verm??? will i use more than i think i need?? (as in does the huge bag get used up quickly and in large amounts??)

also wild bird seed is all over my area.. a nice 10lb bag is for 2.50 (on sale this week) is there any Tek recomended for a newbie?? this would be my first grow and i was planning on PFTek but seeing as Verm is available in rediculous quantities i may choose something else... apartments kinda cramped as it is...

--------------------
You are what you eat..

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblecheesenoonions
??????????????

Re: Vermiculate and the Home De Pot [Re: goldenora]
    #1405828 - 03/24/03 12:13 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

A friend bought a 20 lb bag of verm when he first started. After all his experiments and fun, a year and a half later he still has some left. Buy the bag!! If you need to, just throw it away. It was only ten bucks. Don't let anybody see that! A bag like that at an apartment will be pretty suspect. Son't even let people see you take it inside. Good luck

Anonymous

#1405856 - 03/24/03 12:25 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

buy the huge bag. you can use it for PF cakes, and it'll be good to have it for casing mixtures too.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #1405882 - 03/24/03 12:33 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

count yourself lucky, i can't find it anywhere anymore, not at my local home depot, lowes, or even now agway (our local mom and pop garden stores), which continued to stock it long after it disappeared from lowes/home-depot. they told me that Schultz has stopped making it, giving me the hackneyed asbestos excuse.
I should get that Schultz press-release with the EPA study in it and bring it to them.

Edited by neuro (03/24/03 12:35 PM)

Offlinegoldenora
Psychonaut inTraining

Re: Vermiculate and the Home De Pot [Re: neuro]
    #1405912 - 03/24/03 12:49 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

can i keep the stuff in the trunk of my car??? i assume since i will need to sterilize when i mix the BRF and V that it shouldnt matter?? i was also thinking maybe getting the bag and storing half in an old rubbermaid container im not using... whatever i guess i really have no choice and i guess it is good that the stuff is around...

say with all this removal of verm from the shelves whats left?? eventually newbies will need to start on a grain tek no?? hehehe... things look like they are changing for the worse i guess but just going to require more effort on the newbies part... ordering over seas spore prints, making your own syringe, using wild bird seed, poop or other substrates and the dreaded casing...

ill be starting the PF Tek Half Pint meth, and casing in plain Verm i may case half and then if im sucessfull cake for the second flush of the other halfs of the cakes...

dang, thats a rant and a shit load of verm...

--------------------
You are what you eat..

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation